The IMU is a single unit in the electronics module which is used to collect data for angular velocity and linear acceleration data with the help of two main sensor components. Inertial measurement unit contains two separate sensors i.e. accelerometers triad and angular rate sensor triad (gyroscopes) which is strap down or gimballed, to output the integrated quantities of acceleration and angular velocity in the sensor or body frame.
On the basis of various components, the market is classified into gyroscope, magnetometer, and accelerometer. IMUs are primarily used for applications such as industrial, marine and military, stabilization, navigation, guidance, and surveying. IMU are also used as the major components for ships and submarine, aircrafts, Unmanned Marine Vehicle (UAV), Unmanned Ground vehicles (UGV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), spaceships, high-end automotive, consumer electronics, spacecraft and guided missiles.
This report identifies the global inertial measurement unit market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, market trends and future, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, along with an analysis of micro markets on inertial measurement unit market.
North America dominated the global IMU market with more than 1/3rd of the overall market share followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Based on grade segment, commercial grade inertial measurement units is largest share in automotive and industrial industry. Globally demand for inertial measurement unit is driven by rapid growth of unmanned vehicle growth in defence & civilian applications along with increasing utilization of Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs) in the recent time for various activities under the seabed.
This report segments global inertial measurement unit on the basis of component type, end-use industry and deployment platform as follows:
- On the basis of component types used, global inertial measurement unit market is classified as: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer and Others
- Global inertial measurement unit market is also classified on the basis of end-use industry as follows: Commercial, Defence, Marine, Industrial and Others
- On the basis of deployment platform the report on global inertial measurement unit is segmented into three major segments namely: Air, Land and Water
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for inertial measurement units in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the Inertial Measurement Unit market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Kvh Industries, Inc.
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Analog Devices, Inc.