Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Overview
The Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market size is estimated to reach $11.8 billion by 2027. Furthermore, it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Chronic pancreatitis is a serious condition that develops owing to the entrapment of digestive enzymes within the pancreatic ducts, instead of traveling to the upper intestine. Owing to such anomaly, it can cause inflammation resulting in pain and scarring. Further, short-term pancreatitis can cause malabsorption-thereby forcing people to start taking enzymes as the body is incapable of producing enzymes that would digest foods. Chronic Pancreatitis can also cause diabetes, as the body can’t make insulin which controls the body’s blood sugar. If acute pancreatitis doesn’t get better and slowly gets worse, one may have chronic pancreatitis. Lastly, a lot of diagnosis techniques are being developed. For example, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography is a test that uses radio waves- a strong magnet and a computer. It would allow for better detection of such conditions. The rise of lifestyle-related diseases such as hypertension and diabetes has been a driving force behind the growth of the Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Industry in the projected period of 2022-2027.
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Report Coverage
The report: Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Flavored Bottled Water Market.
By Causes: Damaged Pancreatic Duct, Cancer,
Auto-Immune Disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hereditary, And Others.
By Diagnosis: Blood Tests, Imaging Techniques, Endoscopy, and Others.
By Treatment: Lifestyle Management (Conservative Management), Endoscopy, and Surgical Interventions.
By Geography: North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Rest of South America) and Rest of World (the Middle East and Africa).
- Geographically, North America’s chronic pancreatic pain market held a dominant market share in the year 2021. It is owing to the presence of robust medical infrastructure which facilitates easy medical claims and other cash-backs. Further, the prevalence of such pancreatic disease is significantly higher in western regions. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period of 2022-2027 owing to the high prevalence of diabetes and cancer which can lead to chronic pancreatic.
- The rise of lifestyle-related diseases such as hypertension and diabetes has been a driving force behind the growth of the market. However, no line of treatment and high aiding cost has been impeding the market growth.
- A detailed analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats will be provided in the Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Report.
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market- Geography (%) for 2021.
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Segmentation Analysis- By Diagnosis
The Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market based on diagnosis can be further segmented into Blood Tests, Imaging Techniques, Endoscopy, and Others. Blood Tests hold a dominant market share in the year 2021. Blood tests help in diagnosing two important pancreatic enzymes- amylase and lipase. The following may spill in one’s blood. Additionally, other blood tests can help in checking blockage or damage to the gallbladder. Additionally, certain inherited conditions can also be checked via blood tests. Studies have governed that after heavy alcohol consumption, decrease in the production of pancreatic isoamylase and salivary isoamylase. Russia for example consumes around 12 liters of pure alcohol each year.
Endoscopy is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Endoscopy is a non-surgical procedure that is used to examine a person’s digestive tract, which goes through one’s body and has a camera that allows the doctor to have a clearer image. ERCP goes through the pancreas drainage area if every treatment needs to be done. However, ERCP is a high-risk procedure and patients often are wary of the outcomes.
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Segmentation Analysis- By Treatment
The Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market based on treatment can be further segmented into Lifestyle Management (Conservative Management), Endoscopy, and Surgical Interventions. Lifestyle Management or Conservative Management holds a dominant market share in the year 2021. Cessation of smoking, pain medication, and dietary advice are some of the common factors or lines of treatment for most patients owing to the low cost of treatment and the doctor’s recommendation to follow certain regimens. Digestive enzymes are coming under the category and allow for an efficient process. Around INR 799 is required for 90 days, which would substantially round up to immense cost savings.
However, Surgical Interventions are estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Surgical interventions have proven to be effective, in comparison with other lines of treatment proven if they are provided at the right time. In a trial conducted amongst 85 patients, during 18 months of follow-up, patients in the early surgery group had a lower Izbicki pain score than patients in the group randomized to receive the endoscopy-first approach group (37 vs 49; between-group difference, 12 points [95% CI, 22 to 2].
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Segmentation Analysis- By Geography
The Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the rest of the world. North America dominated with a market share of 37% in 2021. North America spends the highest in terms of healthcare infrastructural cost, and around $4 trillion for the healthcare budget has been allotted of around $22 trillion in 2021. Additionally, the cost of healthcare allocation has been growing around 1.1 times faster than the overall GDP. Additionally, the average incidence of chronic pancreatitis has been around 60.2 years, further the geriatric population has been growing at a stand-forward rate.
However, Asia-Pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period of 2022-2027. It is owing to the rising geriatric population supplemented by higher budget allocation and better infrastructural capabilities.
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Drivers
The factors which lead to chronic pancreatitis have been a prime reason for the market growth.
Chronic pancreatitis has been a prevalent reason for the growing prevalence of chronic pancreatitis. As per various surveys, smoking has been attributed as one of the primary reasons for developing such pain and condition. A strong association has been found between gallstones as a potential mediator between smoking and pancreatitis. Additionally, the study provided rolled out how participants at baseline who reported smoking or being previous smoking history had a higher risk of developing the condition than those who haven’t had exposure. Along with the study, it was also found that 62% of the current smokers were enlisted in the study, of which 46% of cases of pancreatitis were solely attributed to smoking. In 2020, more than 4.5 million US youth were seen or recorded smoking e-cigarettes. Additionally, states of the US are not proactive in reducing the overall load by smoking prevention norms. In the fiscal year 2020, around $27.2 billion was collected by states through taxes and court settlements, of which around $740 million was spent on prevention measures. However, CDC recommends that around 12% of 3.3 billion USD be spent on such activities. Owing to such leniency, the overall market is positioned favorably.
The growing number of pancreatic cancer patients is readily attributed to the growing cases of chronic pancreatitis.
Chronic pancreatitis has been shown to increase the risk of pancreatic cancer. After five years of diagnosis of the former, the chance of developing cancer grows up to 8x. Within the US, one in sixty-four people would develop the said form of cancer over their life form. Additionally, around 60,000 people have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2021-while the mortality rate touches the count of 48,220 people. Which is nearly 80% of the incidental findings. A cross-sectional cohort study even related that a blockage of the main pancreatic duct caused by cancer can lead to the potential development of chronic pancreatitis. Further, around 495,773 patients were diagnosed around the globe in 2020 who have had been suffering from pancreatitis cancer. Furthermore, the condition can also be caused by drinking a higher amount of alcohol over a long period of time. As per NIAAA, around 85.6% of people above the age of 18 have reported that they have/had drunk alcohol at some of their time. Furthermore, around 6.3% of the people reported that they engaged in heavy alcohol consumption owing to a pandemic or other stress-related factors. Growing urbanizations would rightly reflect in the growing numbers of such cases.
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market Challenges
No sentinel line of treatment supplemented by high-cost attributions impedes market growth.
Surgery has been kept as the last resort for pain management, provided that conservative measures and endoscopy treatments have failed. Surgical procedures in chronic pancreatitis involve pancreatic parenchymal resection, pancreatic duct drainage, or a combination of both. Studies after studies have indicated that early surgical treatment is far superior to other forms of treatment. High-cost implications have been seen as well, and the soaring cost is in no way going to stop. Studies and analyses of various theoretical papers suggest that around $614 can be spent on pain medication, while $1,761 has been the annual cost for diabetic medication. Additionally, around $4,114 has been the per-patient cost for pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy. Further, the cost associated with each regular surgery, which also included hospital stays rounded up to $42,951. Owing to such factors, the market’s growth is impeded. Medical insurance coverage plans have been soaring owing to the rising claims owing to COVID-19, which would be a large deterrent for the market.
Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market. The top-10 Chronic Pancreatitis Pain Market key companies are-
- Abbott Laboratories
- Aptalis Pharma, Inc.
- McNeil Consumer Healthcare
- Oxykem, Lonmin
- Sun Biopharma
- Radboud University
- University Medicine Greifswald
- University of Albama
- MUSC Health
- Mayo Healthcare
- In January 2022, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, U.S., commenced their study to understand the right treatment path for cystic fibrosis, a primary concern leading to chronic pancreatic. Further, new clinical studies have shed a positive understanding of treatment plans. Researchers developed a cocktail of two antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) that promotes the skipping of exon 23 of the CFTR-W1282X mRNA. The resulting mRNA is NMD resistant and preserves the reading frame. Its translation produces CFTR-ex23 protein that improves CFTR activity in human bronchial epithelial cells. The acquired results set the stage for developing an ASO therapy for CF caused by the W1282X mutation.
- In November 2021, AIIMS New Delhi, India conducted trials, results from which demonstrated a new case series indicating, that ultrasound-guided erector spinae plane (ESP) block may prove to be an effective analgesic technique in patients suffering acute on chronic pancreatitis pain. These promising early results may be due to the spread of local anesthetic to the sympathetic nerve roots that form the celiac plexus—particularly via the paravertebral space—making the ESP block a potentially important part of multimodal analgesia in patients.
- In December 2020, Group of researchers from the Department of Psychology and Collaborative Neuroscience Program, Institute of Drug Research, Medical Facility, Hebrew University, and Department of Psychology and Collaborative Neuroscience Program undertook a study to portray how non-psychoactive cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) can be used as an effective remedy for reducing chronic pancreatic pain.
Pain Therapy Market- Forecast (2022-2027
Report Code- HCR 0523
Delivery Market- Forecast (2022-2027)
Report Code- HCR 0064