Potato Chips and Crisps Market Overview
Potato Chips and Crisps Market size is estimated to reach $45.7 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Potato chips are thin slices of potato that have been either deep fried or baked until crunchy and are commonly served as snack, side dish, or appetizer. Increase in the disposable income of customers, sedentary lifestyle, availability of choice of flavor, growing demand for packaged foods are factors that are set to drive the growth of the global market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Potato Chips and Crisps Market Report Coverage
The report: “Potato Chips and Crisps Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Potato Chips and Crisps Market.
By Product Type: Baked, Sliced, Dehydrated and Compound.
By Taste: Plain, Salted, Chili, Flavored.
By Distribution Channel: Online Retailing, Super Market, Hyper Market, Convenience Stores, Others.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Rest of World (RoW).
- Geographically, North America’s Potato Chips and Crisps market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand.
- The increase in the technology and economic growth of the developing countries is likely to aid in the market growth of Potato Chips and Crips Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Potato Chips and Crisps Market report.
- Manufacturing Companies offering various flavors of potato chips and crisps are creating higher opportunities for the growth of market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Taste- Segment Analysis
Based on the Taste, the Plain segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as customers preferring traditional chips, combining the conventional chips with gourmets, preferring less salt owing to rise in chronic diseases. Flavored segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period 2020-2025.The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as choice of availability of flavor, growing demand in the young population and growing inclination towards taste.
By Distribution Channel- Segment Analysis
Based on the Distribution Channel, the Super Market segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as availability of discounts on bulk purchases, rapid increase in the number of grocery stores, good quality chips at preferred prices and no risk of bad debts. Online Retailing segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as availability of choosing from a wide range of flavors of potato chips and crisps, easy accessibility and easy cost comparison among various flavors of chips.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
Based on the Geography, the North America held the largest share in 2019 with a market share of 43% in 2019 of the overall market share. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as sedentary lifestyle, advancements in technology, growth in the investment in the developed countries and inclination towards taste. Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as growth in the income of developing countries, more young population and inclination towards western lifestyle.
Drivers – Potato Chips and Crisps Market
- Choice of availability of flavor and sedentary lifestyle
Potato Chips and Crisps manufactures are introducing various flavors like cheese and onion, cream cheese, paprika to attract the customers. New products are introduced into the market according to the need and taste of the customers and are made easily available to the customers through technology which is estimated to enhance the growth of Potato Chips and Crisps Market. The sedentary lifestyle of the customers is also estimated to enhance the growth of Potato Chips and Crisps Market.
- Rapid Growth in the income of individuals in the developing countries
The increase in the disposable income made the customers incline towards convenience and sedentary lifestyle. Individuals are getting attracted to western lifestyle which is estimated to enhance the growth of Potato Chips and Crisps Market.
Challenges – Potato Chips and Crisps Market
- Growing awareness regarding health owing to rise in the number of chronic diseases
Awareness regarding health is increasing among customers owing to rise in the number of chronic diseases especially diabetes and blood pressure. Customers are changing their eating patterns and converting into healthy foods and grains which is estimated to reduce the growth of Potato Chips and Crisps Market.
Potato Chips and Crisps Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Potato Chips and Crisps Market. Key companies of this market are PepsiCo Inc, Herr Foods Inc, Utz Quality Foods Inc, Intersnack Group, Synders-Lance, Calbee Foods, The Campbell Soup Company, The Kellogg Company, Great Lakes Potato Chips, Burts Potato Chips Ltd among others.
- In 2017, Kellogg Company has launched five new potato chips and crisps flavors such as Fiery Chili Lime, Mighty Margherita Pizza, Salsa Fiesta, Spicy Queso and Super Cheesy Italian.
- In 2017, Campbell has acquired Synders-Lance to expand the faster growing snacking industry especially chips and crisps category.
- In 2018, PepsiCo entered into an agreement with Bare Foods for expanding the portfolio into baked fruits, potato chips and other vegetable snacks.
1. Potato Chips and Crisps Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Potato Chips and Crisps Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Taste
2.4 Key trends by Distribution channel
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Potato Chips and Crisps Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Potato Chips and Crisps - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – By Taste (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.4.1 Cheese and Onion
9.4.2 Cream Cheese
10. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Online Retailing
10.2 Super Market
10.3 Hyper Market
10.4 Convenience Stores
11. Potato Chips and Crisps Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Potato Chips and Crisps Market - Entropy
13. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Potato Chips and Crisps Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Potato Chips and Crisps Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.