Omega 3 And 6 Market Overview
Omega 3 And 6 Market size is estimated to reach $9.07bn by 2025 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 18.12% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Omega 3 and 6 are important nutrients in regular diets owing to their long way in strengthening the immune system, ensuring brain development, and regulating blood pressure. These substances are known as essential fatty acids. Marine oils are the richest source of omega-3, while omega-6 is found in dairy products and vegetable oils. Since a large number of consumers are working towards eating healthy and changing lifestyles for the better, it is poised to provoke huge demand for omega 3 and omega 6 market. The demand for omega-3 and omega-6 oils is estimated to increase in the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the increased awareness of their health benefits.
Omega 3 And 6 Market Report Coverage
The report: “Omega 3 and 6 Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Omega 3 and 6 Market.
By Source: Marine oils, Cod liver oil, other fish oil, other marine oil, Vegetarian sources, Algal oil, Flaxseed oil.
By Application: Dietary Supplements, Functional Foods and beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed and others.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World.
- Geographically, the North America area is poised to see extraordinary development owing to its increasing demand from consumers on account of changing lifestyles and is set to continue during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The global demand for Omega 3 and 6 is increasing significantly owing to the growing consumption of meat.
- The lack of clarity among the consumers about the recommended intake of omega 3 and 6 is acting as a challenge in the market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Omega 3 and 6 Market report.
By Source - Segment Analysis
Based on Source, the marine oils for Omega 3, and vegetarian sources segment for Omega 6 registers for the highest revenue in 2019 and is estimated to grow at highest CAGR over the forecast years (2020-2025). The major marine source for omega 3 acids is fish oil and hence marine oil is driving the market. The vegetarian sources are estimated to grow owing to increasing awareness about their medical benefits and growing demand to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
By Application – Segment Analysis
The global Omega 3 and 6 market based on Mode of Operation, can be further segmented into Dietary Supplements, Functional Foods and beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed and others. The Dietary Supplements segment registers for highest revenue in 2019 and projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to improving awareness about the benefits of consuming these among consumers and their wide availability.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Omega 3 and 6 market based on Geography, can be further segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World. Asia Pacific registers for the highest revenue in 2019 and is set to grow at highest CAGR over the forecast period (2020-2025) owing to its increasing demand from consumers on account of changing lifestyles. The advancements in food technology and the high demand for fortified food products are the factors driving the market growth in the region.
Drivers – Omega 3 And 6 Market
Rise in Demand
The global Omega 3 and 6 market is growing with a continuous increase in demand owing to the growing awareness about their health benefits. Many consumers are working towards eating healthy and changing lifestyles for the better, which enhances the market growth. Increasing consumer awareness about the health benefits of omega 3 and 6 has significantly contributed to the growth of the omega 3 and 6 market.
Challenges – Omega 3 And 6 Market
- Lack of clarity on intake of Omega 3 and 6
The omega 3 and 6 market in the form of fortified nutritional supplements and food & beverages is facing significant limitations in the absence of recommended official doses. Despite extensive scientific research by governments and NGOs, a specific standard dose of omega-3 for daily consumption is not clear. This is acting as a challenge for the growth of the market.
Omega 3 And 6 Market Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Omega 3 and 6 Market. Key companies of this market Zymes LLC, Denomega Nutritional Oils, Barleans Organic Oils, Vega Nutritionals Ltd., Arista Industries, Croda International PLC, Copeinca ASA, Martek Biosciences Corporation, Omega Protein Corp, Horizon Organic, Golden Omega, Pharma Marine USA LLC, and others.
- In July 2020, Croda International Plc announced that it has agreed to acquire Avanti Polar Lipids, a knowledge-intensive leader in lipid based drug delivery technologies for next generation pharmaceuticals.
- In March 2019, Golden Omega completed its acquisition with Omega Tri. This acquisition strengthens Golden Omega’s delivery solutions portfolio by the integration of both businesses.
1. Omega 3 And 6 Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Omega 3 And 6 Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Source
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Omega 3 And 6 Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Omega 3 And 6 Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Omega 3 And 6 Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Omega 3 And 6 - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Omega 3 And 6 Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Omega 3 – By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Marine oil
8.2 Cod liver oil
8.3 Other fish oils
8.4 Other marine oils
8.5 Algal oil
8.6 Flaxseed oil
9. Omega 6 – By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Sunflower oil
9.2 Soybean oil
9.3 Sesame oil
9.4 Rapeseed oil
9.5 Palm oil
10. Omega 3 And 6 Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Dietary Supplements
10.2 Functional Foods and beverages
10.4 Animal Feed
11. Omega 3 And 6 Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Omega 3 And 6 Market - Entropy
13. Omega 3 And 6 Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Omega 3 And 6 Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
15. Omega 3 And 6 Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.