Protein Purification & Isolation Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth And Forecast 2021 - 2026
Protein Purification & Isolation Market Overview
Protein Purification & Isolation Market size is forecast to reach $7.2 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 9.13% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Protein purification and isolation involves isolating proteins from the source, based on differences in their physical properties. The objective of a protein purification scheme is to retain the largest amount of the functional protein with fewest contaminants. The purification scheme of a protein must be optimized to complete this process in the least number of steps. Ion Exchange Chromatography (IEC) is a purification method aimed at separating proteins based on charge, which is dependent on the composition of the mobile phase. Growing number of technological innovations such as single use technologies and automated purification instruments, increasing amounts of investments and funding’s in the life sciences sector, enhanced application areas such as protein-protein interaction studies, and developments in the field of structure-based drug design are driving the market growth in recent years.
The report: “Protein Purification & Isolation Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Protein Purification & Isolation Market.
By Technology: Ultrafiltration, Precipitation, Preparative Chromatography Techniques, Electrophoresis, Western Blotting (Immunoblotting), Dialysis and Diafiltration, and Centrifugation
By Product: Instruments, and Consumables
By Application: Drug Screening, Protein-Protein Interaction Studies, Biomarker Discovery, Target Identification, Protein Therapeutics, and Disease Diagnostics and Monitoring
By End User: Academic Research Institutes, Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, and Contract Research Organizations (CRO)
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW).
- North America dominated the Protein Purification & Isolation Market in the year 2019 owing to entry of large numbers of market players in the region, developed research and development infrastructure, and technological advancements in the proteomics field. The Protein Purification & Isolation Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Growing rate of funding from both public and private research organizations for protein research, increased research in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields and growing need to identify new ligands and rapid purification kits to rapidly screen is estimated to drive the industry growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Protein Purification & Isolation Market report.
- High expenditure of purification instruments and short of skilled professionals is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Protein Purification & Isolation Industry.
Technology - Segment Analysis
Preparative Chromatography Techniques held the largest share in the technology segment of Protein Purification & Isolation Market in 2019, and are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period 2020-2025. High end user driven applications of ion exchange and affinity chromatography primarily drives the growth of this segment. There has been a rapid rise in the utilization of ion exchange resins for water treatment owing to the presence of various contaminants such as pollutants, factory wastes and pathogenic microorganisms in the drinking water. This is one of the primary factors driving the growth of the global ion exchange. On the other hand, affinity chromatography is driven by applications of purification of monoclonal antibodies, affinity tagged proteins, and other bio-molecules. It is estimated that electrophoresis is likely to be the fastest growing segment and set to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to increased investment uptakes in the segment by key market players and growing usage of gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoresis.
Application - Segment Analysis
Drug Screening held the major share in the application segment of Protein Purification & Isolation Market in 2019. Growing incidences of mortality owing to mortality resulting from various types of drugs, and increasing focus on implementing comprehensive drug and alcohol testing measures are driving the demand of this segment. This has led to considerable increase in market growth of the segment in recent years. Protein Therapeutics is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to increase in prevalence of chronic diseases, development of plasma-derived therapies and surge in awareness with respect to protein therapeutics among the population.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominates the geography segment of Protein Purification & Isolation Market with a share of more than 39.7% in 2019, followed by Europe. Entry of large numbers of protein purification market players in the region, developed research and development infrastructure, and technological advancements in the proteomics field in the last decade have attributed to the vast market growth in the region. Europe held the second place in the geography segment share of the market. In Europe, rise in the demand for Protein Purification & Isolation Industry owing to increased awareness about its benefits and the protein market expansion in the region through launch of new market players have helped the market.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to rising demand for accurately identifying new ligands, development rapid purification kits that can screen, prepare, purify, and concentrate protein samples and increasing research and development trends of new generation therapies.
Drivers – Protein Purification & Isolation Market
- Growing number of technological innovations
The manufacturing of recombinant products by fermentation and purification in stainless steel vessels has seen the transition from small scale to large scale and further to single use disposable technology. The requirement to develop and modulate the process has arisen from the cost and manufacturers need to move the facility on mobile platforms. Major Key players are diving investments into these rising innovations. This is set to drive the market growth in the forecast years 2020-2025.
- Growing need to identify new ligands and rapid purification kits
New refolding methods can also be coupled with protein microarray and a means of analytical detection (such as fluorescence signals) to identify new binding ligands when applied to a collection of rapidly refolded cell surface receptors. Refolded receptors can be immobilized on carrier surfaces by affinity capture, noncovalent adsorption, or covalent binding, which are set to give way to new applications in biotechnology. This is set to help in market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Protein Purification & Isolation Market
- High expenditure of purification instruments
In general, optimization of protein can only be achieved at the expense of high costs. The higher costs also vary depending on whether a purification step is used for capture, intermediate purification or polishing. Thus, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Protein Purification & Isolation Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Protein Purification & Isolation Market. In 2019, the top players present in the market consolidate Protein Purification & Isolation Market share. Protein Purification & Isolation Market top 10 companies are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Merck Millipore, QIAGEN N.V., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Promega Corporation, Purolite Corporation, GE Healthcare Life Sciences, and Roche Applied Science among others.
- In April 2017, Merck announced the launch of its newest high-sensitivity detection platform, SMCxPRO technology, at the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- In March 2020, Thermo Fisher announced the acquisition of QIAGEN N.V. Thermo Fisher acquired QIAGEN for €39 per share in cash. The offer price represented a premium of approximately 23% to the closing price of QIAGEN’s common stock on the Frankfurt Prime Standard
1. Protein Purification & Isolation Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Protein Purification & Isolation Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Technology
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Protein Purification & Isolation Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Protein Purification & Isolation Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – By Technology (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
8.3 Preparative Chromatography Techniques
8.3.1 Affinity Chromatography
184.108.40.206 Immobilized Metal Ion Affinity Chromatography (IMAC)
220.127.116.11 Immunoaffinity Chromatography (IAC)
18.104.22.168 Bead Based Chromatography
8.3.2 Ion Exchange Chromatography (IEXC)
8.3.3 Reverse Phase Chromatography (RPC)
8.3.4 Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC)
8.3.5 Size Exclusion Chromatography (Gel Filtration)
8.4.1 Gel Electrophoresis
8.4.2 Isoelectric Focusing
8.4.3 Capillary Electrophoresis
8.5 Western Blotting (Immunoblotting)
8.6 Dialysis and Diafiltration
9. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – By Packaging Method (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.1.1 Protein Purification Systems
9.1.2 Protein Purification Software
9.2.1 Protein Purification Kits
9.2.2 Protein Purification Reagents
9.2.3 Pre-Packed Columns
9.2.4 Protein Purification Resins
9.2.5 Magnetic Beads
9.2.6 Others Consumables
10. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – By Application (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
10.1 Drug Screening
10.2 Protein-Protein Interaction Studies
10.3 Biomarker Discovery
10.4 Target Identification
10.5 Protein Therapeutics
10.6 Disease Diagnostics and Monitoring
11. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – By End User Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
11.1 Academic Research Institutes
11.2 Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
11.3 Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
11.4 Contract Research Organisations (CRO)
12. Protein Purification & Isolation Market - By Geography (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Protein Purification & Isolation Market- Entropy
14. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region– Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Protein Purification & Isolation Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
16. Protein Purification & Isolation Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.