Smoke Evacuation System Market Overview
Smoke Evacuation System Market Size is estimated to reach $195.3 million by 2027. Furthermore, it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. The Smoke Evacuation System is a high-flow vacuum source that is used to capture the smoke aerosols and gases at the surgical site, generated during the use of lasers and electrosurgical units (ESUs). Smoke evacuation systems are designed to prevent the dangers of surgical smoke in the operating environment for nurses, doctors, and patients alike. The smoke evacuator systems have improved technology to deliver a highly effective method of collecting and filtering smoke produced during either open or laparoscopic surgery. The rise in the adoption of charcoal filters in laparoscopic surgery, growing awareness about the benefits of smoke evacuation systems, and the increasing research and development activities to develop advanced smoke evacuation systems are contributing to the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
The report: “Smoke Evacuation System Market Forecast (2022-2027)", by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Smoke Evacuation System Market.
By Type: Smoke
Evacuation Pencils, Smoke Evacuation Tubes, Smoke Evacuation Filters, and
By Application: General Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Medical Aesthetic Surgery, and Others.
By End User: Hospitals, Cosmetic Surgical Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others.
By Geography- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Europe (Germany, United Kingdom (U.K.), France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and the Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan India, South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Rest of South America), and Rest of the World (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Geographically, North America held a dominant market share in the year 2021, owing to the presence of key players in the region. In addition, the companies are developing innovative smoke evacuation systems for various applications. A robust economy and a growing trend in healthcare facilities are driving demand for Smoke Evacuation System Market in this region.
- The increasing adoption of charcoal filters in laparoscopic surgery is driving the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market. However, the growing pricing pressure is expected to hinder the growth of the target market to a certain extent.
- A detailed analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats will be provided in the Smoke Evacuation System Market Report.
Smoke Evacuation System Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Smoke Evacuation System Market Segmentation Analysis- By Type
Smoke Evacuation System Market based on type can be further segmented into Smoke Evacuation Pencils, Smoke Evacuation Tubes, Smoke Evacuation Filters, and Others. Smoke Evacuation Pencils held a dominant market share in the year 2021. Smoke evacuation pencils are increasingly being adopted in laparoscopic surgery owing to their ability to offer the flexibility to facilitate access and visibility at the surgical site. The key players across the world are focusing on developing smoke evacuation pencils that are designed for exceptional performance and optimal outcomes for visibility in the surgical site.
However, the Smoke Evacuation Filters segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 10.7% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Smoke Evacuation Filters are designed to provide a clear, smoke-free field of view during often confined laparoscopic procedures.
Smoke Evacuation System Market Segmentation Analysis- By End User
Smoke Evacuation System Market based on end user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Cosmetic Surgical Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others. The Hospitals segment held a dominant market share in the year 2021. The rise in the adoption of smoke evacuation systems for laparoscopic surgery and the growing demand for Charcoal filters in hospitals are the major factors driving the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market.
However, Ambulatory Surgical Centers is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 10.9% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Advanced smoke evacuation system filters and tunes are being implemented in ambulatory surgical centers to capture the smoke aerosols and gases at the surgical site, generated during the use of lasers and electrosurgical units (ESUs).
Smoke Evacuation System Market Segmentation Analysis- By Geography
The Smoke Evacuation System Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America held a dominant market share of 34% in the year 2021. The growing adoption of Smoke Evacuation Systems in hospitals in the United States and the presence of key players in the region are contributing to the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market. Key manufacturers are leading the smoke evacuation system market in this region with such developments and expansions.
However, Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR over the forecast period of 2022-2027. The rise in the availability of smoke evacuation systems in the region and the growing investment by the key players are the major factors driving the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market.
Smoke Evacuation System Market Drivers
Increasing Exposure to Surgical Smoke is a Key Factor in Market Growth
According to a research study by Stanford University School of Medicine in 2020, an estimated 500,000 clinicians of various disciplines are exposed to surgical smoke every year in the United States. Among the chemical substances found in surgical smoke, at least eight are Criteria Pollutants or Hazardous Air Pollutants as defined by the US Environmental Protection Agency. This rise in the exposure to surgical smoke by healthcare professionals is one of the major factors driving the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market.
Technological Advancements in Identifying Harmful Chemicals in Surgeries is Propelling the Market Growth
The total number of chemicals that have been identified in electrosurgical smoke has ranged from 41 to 377 in literature and has also increased over time with the improvement of detection technology. Procedures such as laser hair removal have been reported to produce toxic substances such as acrylonitrile and acetonitrile that exceeded their permissible air concentrations set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration in 2020. This growing awareness about the harmful chemicals is propelling the demand for advanced Smoke Evacuation Systems.
Smoke Evacuation System Market Challenges
The Growing Pricing Pressure is Hampering the Growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market
The price of the smoke evacuation systems is around 300$-900$. Healthcare providers are planning to align themselves with group purchasing organizations (GPOs) for aggregating the purchasing volume and bargain for a competitive price with suppliers and manufacturers of surgical devices. This bulk purchasing is increasing the pricing pressures and decreasing the profit margins of the key players, which is one of the major factors that is said to reduce the growth of the Smoke Evacuation System Market.
Smoke Evacuation System Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Smoke Evacuation System Market. The top 10- Smoke Evacuation System Market companies are-
- Olympus Corporation
- Symmetry Surgical
- CONMED Corporation
- Stryker Corporation
- Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH
- Ethicon Inc.
- KLS Martin Group
- Pall Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet
- In September 2020, Olympus Corporation has entered into an agreement to distribute UK-based Alesi Surgical’s Ultravision surgical smoke control system in the US. It suppresses the aeroionisation of surgical mist, using a characterized process of precipitation. The agreement is aimed to accelerate the ability of US hospitals to access Ultravision and provide its benefits to staff and patients.
- In April 2019, Symmetry Surgical has launched an extension to its innovative Symmetry Sharp Kerrison® portfolio with a RapidClean® handle. It is designed for easy cleaning and inspection at the IAHCSMM Annual Conference and Expo. The company is also planning to showcase its comprehensive sterilization portfolio and its expanded Energy Solution, featuring Bovie® and Olsen® portfolios of generators and smoke evacuation products.
- In February 2019, CONMED Corporation has acquired privately-held Buffalo Filter LLC from Filtration Group. Buffalo Filter company is the market leader in surgical smoke evacuation technologies. The comprehensive product portfolio includes smoke evacuators, smoke evacuation pencils, and laparoscopic solutions.
Report Code: CMR 0082
Report Code: ESR 13245
Report Code: ESR 0532
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here