Coma Treatment Devices Market Overview
Coma Treatment Devices Market size is estimated to be $6.3 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Coma is a temporary or permanent medical condition causing brain dysfunction entailing to prolonged state of unresponsiveness. Coma is an emergency situation caused by- trauma injuries, diabetes, lack of oxygen, cardiac arrest, alcohol overdose, drowning and others. A person coma state can persist for few weeks to years, it is unpredictable. Coma is classified into four stages- Unresponsiveness, Early Response, Agitated and Confused and High responses. A universal score system-based scale Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) is commonly used to measure the depth of injury. GCS checks response to stimuli level for- eye, verbal and motor. Coma patients require continuous monitoring owing to which they are kept on life support under Intensive care units (ICUs) of hospitals until they show signs of recovery. Moreover, increase in neural cases can be seen through majority of factors in recent years- stressful life, road accidents, chronic illness and so on. With increasing globalization and economic development of developing countries coupled with the usage of advanced technology in healthcare sector is anticipated to boost the market growth. In addition to this the increasing coma patients and increased income per capita have made people to spend more on healthcare which is majorly driving the market growth.
The report: “Coma Treatment Devices Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Coma Treatment Devices Market.
By Type- Toxic-Metabolic Encephalopathy and Anoxic Brain Injury.
By Devices- Electroencephalogram Devices, ECG Devices, CT Scans, Ventilators, MRI Scans, Monitors, IV Pumps, Blood Parameters Monitoring Devices and Others.
By End User- Hospitals and Clinics.
By Geography- North America, Europe, APAC and RoW.
- Brain dysfunction which may be temporary or permanent resulting into coma is commonly caused by Toxic-Metabolic Encephalopathy and Anoxic Brain Injury.
- Coma diagnosis is performed through various test which includes physical examination, blood test and Brain scans which include- MRI, CT scan and EEG.
- Hospitals dominate the coma treatment devices market owing to the facility that patients are assisted with life support and are taken care under intensive care units (ICUs).
- North America dominates this market followed by Europe and in addition Asia-Pacific leads as a growing potential market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Coma Treatment Devices Market Segment Analysis - By Type
By Type, the Coma Treatment Devices Market is segmented into Toxic Metabolic Encephalopathy and Anoxic Brain Injury. Metabolic Encephalopathy is caused due to metabolic disorders which impairs the cerebral functionality which might be temporary. It is caused by diabetes, kidney and liver malfunctions. On the other hand, anoxic condition is the one where insufficient level of oxygen reaching the brain cells results into coma state. This state is caused majorly by drowning, low blood pressure, stroke and carbon monoxide poisoning. Anoxic brain injuries require immediate treatment as it can cause death if oxygen doesn’t reach the brain. Increasing prevalence of some of the chronic diseases including diabetes and epilepsy that causes coma in severe conditions are projected to provide positive growth avenues to the coma treatment devices market.
Coma Treatment Devices Market Segment Analysis - By End User
By End User, Coma Treatment Device Market is dominated by Hospitals and is also estimated to register fastest CAGR of 8.3% in the forecast period of 2020-2025 owing to the facility that patients are assisted with life support and are taken care under intensive care units (ICUs). The patient undergoes physical examination by the doctor based on stimulus and response for- pupil movement, ocular movement, motor positions and respiratory levels. Followed by CT scan which studies the intracranial structure and gives the result for lesion presence, level of injury caused that has displaced the intracranial compartments, intracranial pressure levels and internal swelling. In case of encephalopathy EEG is performed this predicts the level of toxicities caused.
Coma Treatment Devices Market Segment Analysis - Geography
North America dominates the Coma Treatment Devices Market with accounting for more than 40% of revenue market share in 2019. As a developed country it has access to the advance technology and owing to rise in patient population the need for treatment have increased gradually as people have awareness and are readily spend on healthcare fueling the region growth. North America is followed by Europe, where brain injury cases are also rising which ultimately demands for treatment that has increased the Research and Development work on treatment devices. Moreover Asia- Pacific can also be considered as a growing potential market for Coma treatment due to the increasing cases and increase in income capacity.
Coma Treatment Devices Market Drivers
Rising brain and nerve related healthcare concerns
There is a global rise in the neural disorders owing to various reasons which includes trauma injuries, depression and various other reasons related to chronic illness which hampers the brain activity. The brain disorders demand for critical immediate treatment which has resulted in rising awareness towards the people. Government has also started taking out policies towards more research in healthcare domain in order to provide best treatment devices. Demand for treatment and globalization has also attracted major players in this industry to manufacture and sell new advance technology in this market. Moreover, economic development and increase in income per capita in developing countries is also fueling the market growth.
Coma Treatment Devices Market Challenges
Higher cost for treatment
High cost of treatment owing to the use of advance technology hinders the market growth for the forecast period 2020-2025. For coma repetitive tests and monitoring incurs cost along with that there is no predictability of complete reversal of state under a specified timespan.
Coma Treatment Devices Market Industry Outlook
Product Launches, Merger & Acquisition, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by the players in Meal Kit Market. Coma Treatment Devices Market top 10 companies are Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Carestream, Philips Healthcare, Shimadzu Corporation, Esaote, Masimo Corporation and Stryker Corp.
- October 2020: Siemens Healthineers AG -European leading medical technology company partnered with Imbio a US based medical software company who develops medical imaging software solutions. The partnership will help Siemens to quantify image analysis for patient suffering from chronic diseases.
- August 2019: Philips Healthcare a US based company has acquired Carestream Health Inc’s., a US based Healthcare Information System Company. The acquisition will enhance the diagnostic and reporting treatment segment of Royal Philips.
1. Coma Treatment Devices Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Coma Treatment Devices Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Devices
2.4 Key trends by End-User
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Coma Treatment Devices Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking - Key companies
3.2 Financials Analysis - Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Coma Treatment Devices Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Coma Treatment Devices Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Coma Treatment Devices Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Coma Treatment Devices Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
8. Coma Treatment Devices Market – By Type (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
8.1 Toxic- Metabolic Encephalography
8.2 Anoxic Brain Injury
9. Coma Treatment Devices Market – By Devices (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.1 Electroencephalogram Devices
9.2 ECG Devices
9.3 CT Scans
9.5 MRI Scans
9.7 IV Pumps
9.8 Blood Parameters Monitoring Devices
10. Coma Treatment Devices Market – By End-User (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
11. Coma Treatment Devices Market - By Geography (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.3 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of APAC
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Coma Treatment Devices Market - Entropy
13. Coma Treatment Devices Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Country - Key companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Coma Treatment Devices Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
15. Coma Treatment Devices Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2 Johnson & Johnson
15.3 Siemen Healthcare.,
15.5 GE Healthcare
15.7 Philips Healthcare
15.8 Shimadzu Corporation
15.10 Masimo Corporation
15.11 Stryker Corp.
*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best-efforts basis”.