Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Overview
The Essential Tremor Treatment With Ultrasound Market size is estimated to reach $1.4 billion by 2027. Furthermore, it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Essential tremors are mostly benign in nature and are termed neurological disorders, and they have the capacity to get severe with time. It is also termed a movement disorder, which can hamper and cause shaking in your hands, resulting in a slow ability to eat, shave, write or even perform basic household activities. More or less, the following tremor passes on genetically, as 50% of the designated patients under this condition had familial tremors. Therefore, ultrasound treatment is mainly recommended for patients, which show no improvement in medication. Moreover, the idiopathic tremor can be successfully treated by using ultrasound rays to destroy the tiny brain tissue which is responsible for such tremors. Additionally, the thalamotomy surgical procedures frequency has reduced significantly owing to high cases of infection and related fatality. The rising geriatric population worldwide and significant technological advancements that motivate people to opt for such non-invasive surgeries are some of the factors driving the essential tremor treatment with the ultrasound market forward in 2022-2027.
The report: “Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Essential Tremor Treatment With Ultrasound Market
By Indication- Head, Trunk, Upper Extremity, and Lower
By End Users- Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Diagnostic & Specialty Clinics.
By Geography- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Europe (Germany, United Kingdom (U.K.), France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan India, South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Rest of South America), and Rest of the World (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Geographically, North America held a dominant market share in the year 2021. It is owing to the steady increase in the cases of the following neurological disorder and the government’s focus and budget alignment to help in reducing the instances. However, Asia-Pacific is set to grow at a lucrative pace owing to the rise in cases of idiopathic tremors and the government’s budgetary allocation to develop robust medical infrastructure.
- The technology of using non-invasive and single-time procedures with robust outcomes is one of the core drivers for the market. However, a lack of professionalism in the desired field of using and operating ultrasound, thereby resulting in substantial damage to other tissue, poses a grave market challenge.
- A detailed analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats will be provided in our essential tremor treatment with an ultrasound market report.
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market- By Geography as (%) for 2021.
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Segmentation Analysis- By Indication
The Essential Tremor Treatment With Ultrasound Market based on indication can be further segmented into Head, Trunk, Upper Extremity, and Lower Extremity. The upper extremity held a dominant market share in the year 2021. It is owing to the composition of the upper extremity which includes, the upper arm, forearm, and hands which are predominantly affected during the essential tremor neurological disorder. Moreover, the relative number of tests to counter and understand the prevalence of essential tremor is gauged by asking the patient to draw a spiral, write, or drink from the said glass. Moreover, the upper extremity segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. It is owing to the various diagnostic procedures recommended by the medical associations worldwide to judge the presence of essential tremors by way of testing the upper extremity. For example, rest with motor co-activation is an activation technique where the patient is asked to make tapping movements with the contralateral hand. Moreover, around 65% of the practices to judge the essential tremor is done via upper limb tests and diagnostics.
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Segmentation Analysis- By End Users
The Essential Tremor Treatment With Ultrasound Market based on end-users can be further segmented into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Diagnostic & Specialty Clinics. The hospital segment held a dominant market share in the year 2021. It is owing to the patient’s preference and the availability of multiple specialty doctors under the hospital setup. For example, as per the common neurological examination procedures, such as tendon reflexes, ability to feel certain sensations, and holding gait or posture can be performed and judged by the neurosurgeon. Additionally, certain laboratory tests are recommended post the examination, which can be performed at ease, as the laboratory is generally associated and linked with the hospitals. However, diagnostic and specialty clinics are estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. It is owing to the changing government preference to motivate private players into opening diagnostic and specialty clinics. Moreover, the procedure of ultrasound treatment has been recognized under Medicare, which eases the financial aspect of getting such surgeries done, as an average cost per sitting is close to $40,000. Moreover, the government is planning to save up to $100 billion by 2022 by the effective transition of hospital setups to private clinics and diagnostics.
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Segmentation Analysis- By Geography
The Essential Tremor Treatment With Ultrasound Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America held a share of 39% as compared to the other regions and thereby held a dominant market size in 2021. It is owing to the rising prevalence of neurological disorders in the following regions. Moreover, around 10 million people in the USA are affected by essential tremor disorder. Currently, the government has accepted various clinical trials reports presented to them to fast-track effective MRI treatment for such diseases. However, Asia-Pacific is set to offer lucrative growth opportunities to the marketer. It is owing to the steep rise in the geriatric population in the following regions. As per the reports by OECD, a population jump of 2.5x can be seen in the geriatric age group by 2050. Moreover, eleven countries will be termed as “super-aged” societies, just one in 2021.
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Drivers
The increase in the geriatric population worldwide and the close association of essential tremors with rising age is one of the prime drivers for the market
As per the datasheet released by the US CDC, the senior population of the USA is said to break even with the younger population by 2034, and moreover, be 1.5x the younger population by 2040. Moreover, the geriatric population is now prevalent in the regions of Asia-Pacific as well. As per the various research ongoing in this field, it was observed that the essential tremor cases are most prevalent in people above the age of 50. Moreover, as per the CDC projections and analysis, around 10 million people only in the USA have the following condition. Therefore, the increasing senior population worldwide is only going to aid the growth of the said market. Additionally, essential tremors are primarily associated with dementia and earlier mortality.
Focused ultrasound treatment as a non-invasive procedure with higher efficacy is one of the market drivers
The ultrasound procedure is serving the middle ground for the affected patients. For one, it is a non-invasive procedure, and hence the chances of mortality during the surgery for the geriatric population are reduced significantly. Second, the infection chances reduce while the recovery times speed up, and in most cases, the patient treated with ultrasound can get back to their lives the very next day. Lastly, the data from various researchers have favored the use of ultrasound treatment as one of the most favorable ways. Fifty-six random patients were selected out of 76 who were given ultrasound treatment; nearly 50% of the 56 patients observed improvement in motor function and tremors after three months. Further, 40% of the control group, i.e., close to 23 people, had reduced tremors post one year of such treatment, thereby showing the longevity of the done procedure.
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Market Challenges
The lack of trained professionals resulting in adverse and fatal side effects post-treatment is one of the grave market challenges
The number of trained professionals within the said field to perform such procedures are limited. Moreover, there have been accidental cases being reported post the ultrasound therapy to treat essential tremors. As per the case study, the practitioner was not well trained and had performed the following procedure with misguided ultrasound energy, which resulted in the permanent loss of speech. Moreover, there are a very limited number of centers providing such treatment even in developed countries. Lastly, the cost of acquiring the said machine is extremely high, thereby making the cost of treatment close to $40,000, and the average disposable income per capita in the USA is $34,000. Hence, making the costs above the payable limits.
Essential Tremor Treatment with Ultrasound Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the essential tremor treatment in the ultrasound market. The top 10 essential tremor treatments with ultrasound market companies are-
- InSightec’s Ltd.
- Merz Pharma
- Neurocrine Biosciences.
- Sage Therapeutics
- Dopa Solutions.
- Siemens Healthcare
- Shenzen Midray
- Philips Healthcare
- Samsung Medicon
- In February 2022, U.S. FDA granted Aleva Neurotherapeutics approval for an Investigational Device Exemption study on directSTIM. This authorization follows the grant of the CE-Mark in Europe and the ongoing post-market clinical follow-up study in select European neurological clinics whose completion is expected in the next 30 months. Aleva’s revolutionary DBS system incorporates directional electrode technology that is designed to be more precise and efficient than currently available approaches, as targeted stimulation has the potential to improve therapeutic benefits while reducing side effects.
- In November 2021, Philips launched a series of new MRI scanners which have the potential to identify a wide range of diseases ranging from heart complications to brain anomalies to detection of neurological disorders. The products launched are a new range of 1.5 Tesla and 3-Tesla MRI scanners, moreover, software-based workflow enhancements which are designed to enable radiology thereby allowing for more efficient facilities. a number of enhancements powered by artificial intelligence (AI) to improve workflow, efficiency, and image quality. The scanner is able to simplify and automate many complex clinical and operational tasks, according to the company.
- In February 2021, Exabalate 400, a product by InSightec’s received the nod from the regulatory body of China. The following will allow for the treatment of essential tremors and Parkinson's disease using ultrasound surgery.
Report Code – HCR 0030
Report Code- HCR 0819
Report Code- HCR 98647
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here