Aortic Intervention Market Overview
Aortic Intervention Market size is estimated to reach $3.4 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Aortic intervention includes mending of aortic valve walls when an aneurysm happens. There has been immense progress in the endovascular treatment of aortic pathologies. Intra-renal abdominal aortic aneurysms can be treated by endovascular graft in most cases and endovascular aortic repair has acquired expansive acceptance all through the world. The abdominal aorta is the biggest artery in the abdominal cavity. As a portion of the aorta, it is a direct extension of the descending aorta (of the thorax). The thoracic aorta starts at the heart, at the level of the aortic valves. The thoracic aorta evolves into the abdominal aorta at the diaphragm, just bordering the celiac artery origin, normally at the T12 vertebral body. Thoracic aortic ailments add to a principal portion of cardiac surgeries. The severity of pathologies changes considerably from emergency and life-threatening to conservatively managed conditions. Life-threatening conditions involve typing A aortic dissection and rupture. Aortic fenestration is a technique for decompressing the hypertensive false lumen by making a hole in the distal portion of the dissection flap. Fenestrated endovascular aortic repair is a form of surgery utilizing a custom-designed graft to back the aorta and arteries that extend to the heart and kidneys. Catheter-based interventions have transformed the treatment of both coronary artery disease and aortic valve disease. Vascular closure devices (VCDs) are utilized to acquire hemostasis at the vascular access site while restraining the requirement for manual compression.
The extensive recognition of minimally invasive surgeries is set to drive the Aortic Intervention Market. The expanding awareness regarding the significance of treating aortic ailments including ailments involving the thoracic aorta is set to propel the growth of the Aortic Intervention Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Aortic Intervention Industry Outlook.
The report: “Aortic Intervention Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Aortic Intervention Market.
By Device Type: Abdominal Aortic Stent Grafts.
Thoracic Aortic Stent Grafts, Fenestrated Aortic Stent Grafts, Others.
By End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Aortic Intervention Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the heightening awareness regarding the aortic ailments including ailments involving the thoracic aorta in the North American region.
- Aortic Intervention Market growth is being driven by the increasing predominance of aortic ailments including ailments involving the thoracic aorta amidst a significant percentage of the global population together with a boost in financing by the government bodies for augmenting the healthcare infrastructure. However, the binding regulatory requirement for the application of artificial aortic valves is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Aortic Intervention Market.
- Aortic Intervention Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Aortic Intervention Market report.
Aortic Intervention Market: Market Share (%) By Region, 2021
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
Aortic Intervention Market Segment Analysis – By Device Type:
The Aortic Intervention Market based on device type can be further segmented into Abdominal Aortic Stent Grafts. Thoracic Aortic Stent Grafts, Fenestrated Aortic Stent Grafts, and Others. The Abdominal Aortic Stent Grafts Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of endovascular stent grafting, or endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR), which is a more novel form of treatment for an abdominal aortic aneurysm that is less invasive than open surgery. Abdominal aorta is the biggest artery in the abdominal cavity. Furthermore, endovascular stent grafting utilizes an endovascular stent graft to reinforce the wall of the aorta and assist in maintaining the damaged area from rupturing. which is further propelling the growth of the Abdominal Aortic Stent Grafts segment.
Furthermore, the Thoracic Aortic Stent Grafts segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the heightening application of endovascular repair of the thoracic aneurysm with the thoracic aorta starting at the heart at the level of the aortic valves.
Aortic Intervention Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
The Aortic Intervention Market based on end user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Hospitals, Clinics, and Others. The Hospitals segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the increasing cases of abdominal aortic aneurysms and thoracic aortic aneurysms. Abdominal aorta is the biggest aorta in the abdominal cavity. The presence of qualified physicians, the increasing predominance of cardiovascular ailments, and the well-established infrastructure in hospitals are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Clinics segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The growth is owed to the proliferating cases of asymptomatic abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms treated based on their size in clinics and the increasing application of endovascular aortic repair (EVAR) in the operating room, radiology department or a catheterization laboratory with abdominal aorta being the biggest aorta in the abdominal cavity.
Aortic Intervention Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Aortic Intervention Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. North America (Aortic Intervention Market) held the largest share with 37% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the surging technological progress and the increasing awareness amidst the patient pool in the North American region. The abdominal aorta is the biggest artery in the abdominal cavity. The effective commitment of key players like Medtronic, Inc., to offer progressive technology-based surgical products is further propelling the growth of the Aortic Intervention Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the supportive initiatives by the governments towards enhancing healthcare infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The increasing predominance of cardiovascular ailments amidst a vital portion of the population involving the abdominal aorta and the thoracic aorta is further fuelling the progress of the Aortic Intervention Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Aortic Intervention Market Drivers
Surging Applications Of Catheters In Aortic Intervention Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of the Aortic Intervention Market:
“Diagnostic” catheters permit the endoluminal practitioner to evaluate areas of the vascular system and to assess for a probable intervention. In addition, they help in carrying out an intervention. This frequently includes the delivery of radiographic contrast for opacification of the vessel lumen in radiographic investigations. This can include visualization of a particular branch vessel utilizing a selective catheter, or visualization of a vital portion of the arterial arborization utilizing a nonselective catheter. In addition, health experts discovered the application of intravascular ultrasound catheters to be a strong imaging adjunct, essential in the endovascular repair of aneurysms or dissections. The regular treatment of coarctation of the aorta is surgical. In the last twenty years, however, treatment by catheter intervention has become more extensive, utilizing either balloon angioplasty or primary stent implantation. Balloon angioplasty was originally utilized for recurrent coarctation after surgical repair, however, has presently been demonstrated equally efficient for unoperated coarctation. The procedure manufactures a satisfactory gradient decrease in nearly 80% of patients, with transverse arch hypoplasia the principal predictor of poorer outcomes. Rates of restenosis and aneurysm formation are lower than 10%. Primary stent implantation has been recommended as an alternative possibly superior to angioplasty alone. Stent implantation restrains elastic recoil and potentially decreases aneurysm formation by decreasing the quantity of balloon stretch needed. The incidence of suboptimal gradient reduction is less, probably 5% or less, as is the rate of restenosis. The surging applications of catheters in the aortic intervention are therefore fuelling the growth of the Aortic Intervention Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Proliferating Applications Of Vascular Closure Devices Are Expected To Boost The Growth Of The Aortic Intervention Market:
The application of closure devices is extensive and becoming more typical. Radiologists carrying out arterial access procedures should be aware of when and how to utilize them, as well as the benefits and limitations of different devices, and any complexities that may happen. There are three principal classes of vascular closure devices: collagen-based, suture-based, and staples and clips. More novel generation devices utilize the identical method of closure and there are some that use more novel methods. Vascular closure devices have been shown to decrease time to hemostasis, facilitate ambulation, and possibly reduce the length of stay. The selection of a device would rely on the accessibility of that specific device, operator preference, the anticipation of repeat arterial access, and the size of the arteriotomy hole. Percutaneous aortic stenting for the aortic and iliac diseases has been demonstrated to be successful and durable. Wallstents (Boston Scientific, Natick, MA) were initially positioned for primary infrarenal aortic stenosis with technical success and 91% patency at 5 years. The proliferating applications of vascular closure devices are therefore driving the growth of the Aortic Intervention Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Aortic Intervention Market Challenges
Complexities Of Endovascular Aneurysm Repair Of The Thoracic And Abdominal Aorta Are Hampering The Growth Of The Aortic Intervention Market:
Ischemic complications succeeding Endovascular Aneurysm Repair or Endovascular Aortic Repair (EVAR) have been recorded in nearly 9% of cases, an incidence that is greater than is observed following open surgical repair. Ischemia may be brought about by arterial thrombosis, embolism, arterial dissection, or arterial obstruction happening as a result of endograft malpositioning. Organs and vascular territories that may be influenced by ischemia succeeding EVAR of the abdominal aorta involve the kidneys, bowel, pelvic organs/muscles, and the lower extremities. Spinal cord ischemia is more typically related to Thoracic EVAR (TEVAR). These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Aortic Intervention Market.
Aortic Intervention Industry Outlook:
Novel product launches, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Aortic Intervention Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Getinge Group
- Bolton Medical Corporation
- Lombard Medical Corporation
- Braile Biomedica
- Lifetech Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical
- WL Gore Associates
- Terumo Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- In January 2022, Medtronic plc declared that it has entered into a definitive agreement to gain Affera, Inc., a Boston area-based, privately held medical technology firm. Affera plans and produces cardiac mapping and navigation systems and catheter-based cardiac ablation technologies, inclusive of a distinguished, focal pulsed-field ablation solution, for the treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats) like atrial fibrillation (AF). Medtronic, by way of its minority investment portfolio, has been a strategic investor in Affera and presently holds a 3% ownership stake in the firm.
- In November 2020, Medtronic plc declared that it has finished its friendly tender offer for France -based Medicrea International (Euronext Growth Paris: FR0004178572 ALMED Medicrea; OTCQX Best Market MRNTF), a pioneer in the conversion of spinal surgery by way of artificial intelligence (AI), predictive modeling and patient particular implants. On July 15, 2020, the parties declared a friendly voluntary all-cash tender offer at the price of €7.00 per Medicrea share. As a result of finishing the tender offer, Medtronic presently owns in excess of 90% of Medicrea's share capital and voting rights and will shortly request the application of a squeeze-out procedure under French law, which will lead to Medicrea becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Medtronic.
- In October 2020, Medtronic declared that it will commence a randomized, head-to-head investigation comparing two transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) systems in patients with severe symptomatic aortic stenosis (ssAS), principally in women. The postmarket SMART trial will examine in contrast valve safety and performance of the self-expanding Medtronic Evolut PRO and PRO+TAVR Systems against Edwards Lifesciences’ balloon-expandable SAPIEN 3 and SAPIEN 3 Ultra transcatheter heart valves. Listing nearly 700 patients worldwide, the investigation will assess valve performance in patients with small annuli and those who are candidates for TAV-in-SAV procedures (transcatheter valve implanted inside of a failed surgical valve), which integrated, depict greater than 40% of the global TAVR market, as per Medtronic.
Aortic Valve Replacement Market -
Forecast(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0626
Transcatheter Aortic Valve
Replacement Market - Forecast(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0609
Coronary Intervention Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends,
Application Analysis, Growth And Forecast 2021 - 2026
Report Code: HCR 56903
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare related reports, please click here