ADME Toxicology Testing Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth And Forecast 2022-2027
ADME Toxicology Testing Market size is estimated to reach 11.67 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) toxicology testing is organized at an early stage of the drug development process to decide the security, uptake, removal, efficiency and metabolic behavior of a parent compound or medication in living organisms. Absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) toxicology testing is utilized globally to test toxic reactions initiated by molecules at the time of the clinical trial. The ADME toxicology testing market has been categorized into cell culture, high throughput, molecular imaging and OMICS technology based on the technology. Typically, biochemical testing involves tests that are carried out on distinct bacteria for their recognition on the basis of their biochemical actions towards distinct biochemical compounds. Certain key methods utilized for carrying out ADME toxicology testing involve biochemical assay, cellular assay, ex-vivo and in-silica. Neurotoxicity happens when neurotoxins influence the normal action of the nervous system and eventually harm nervous tissue. The hepatotoxicity/cytotoxicity assays offer a means to assess cell death owing to the cytotoxic impact of a test compound.
The surging R&D of medications, proliferating application of technology like molecular imaging and heightening demand for different treatments of diseases are set to drive the ADME Toxicology Testing Market. The expanding healthcare awareness and the multiplying financing in the healthcare sector by the government and private sector are set to propel the growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry Outlook.
Toxicology Testing Market Report Coverage
The “ADME Toxicology Testing Market Report - Forecast (2022-2027)” by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the ADME Toxicology Testing Market.
- Geographically, North America (ADME Toxicology Testing market share) accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the high throughput/content screening and surging application of technology like molecular imaging in the North American region.
- ADME Toxicology Testing Market growth is being driven by the soaring application of ADME Toxicology Testing for organizing different genetic, chemical and pharmacological tests helping the drug discovery process beginning from drug design to drug trials and additional drug interactions and the heightening application of technology like molecular imaging. However, nearly all the methods require skilled expertise and software that can manage and stock multiple sets of data at an accelerated pace and these are some of the major factors hampering the growth of ADME Toxicology Testing Market.
- ADME Toxicology Testing Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the ADME Toxicology Testing Market report.
ADME Toxicology Testing Market: Market Share (%) By Region, 2021
Toxicology Testing Market Segment Analysis - by Technology
The ADME Toxicology Testing Market based on technology can be further segmented into High Throughput, Cell Culture, OMICS Technology, Molecular Imaging. The Cell Culture Segment held the largest ADME Toxicology Testing Market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the rise of fluorometric imaging plate reader assays as the most utilized cell-based assays attributed to visible outcomes and their ability to test with the tiniest of volumes. Molecular Imaging is extensively defined as the characterization and assessment of biological processes in living animals/humans at the cellular and molecular level by means of non-invasive (or minimally invasive) imaging. Biochemical testing involves tests that are carried out on distinct bacteria for their recognition on the basis of their biochemical activities towards distinct biochemical compounds The huge spectrum of 3D cell culture models backing the recreation of different cell types that can be utilized across numerous applications is further propelling the growth of the Cell Culture segment.
Furthermore, the High Throughput segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging applications of high throughput ADME in drug discovery wherein the evaluation of physicochemical and pharmacological characteristics is presently conducted at very early phases of drug discovery for the purpose of intensifying the conversion of hits and leads into qualified development candidates.
ADME Toxicology Testing Market Segment Analysis - by Application
The ADME Toxicology Testing Market based on application can be further segmented into Renal Toxicity, Systemic Toxicity, Neurotoxicity, Hepatotoxicity, Others. The Systemic Toxicity Segment held the largest ADME Toxicology Testing Market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging inclination towards systemic circulation of the molecule for drug distribution. Neurotoxicity happens when exposure to a substance – particularly, a neurotoxin or neurotoxicant– changes the usual action of the nervous system in such a way as to bring about permanent or reversible injury to nervous tissue Systemic toxicity is one of the principal causes of toxic reactions, which may cause numerous organs to fail ad this is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Hepatotoxicity segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the effective R&D investigations being performed in this field together with current advances in 2D and 3D in vitro systems utilizing primary hepatocytes, substitute hepatocyte sources and non-parenchymal liver cells and their application in inspecting mechanisms of hepatotoxicity .
ADME Toxicology Testing Market Segment Analysis - by Geography
The ADME Toxicology Testing Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. North America (ADME Toxicology Testing Market) held the largest ADME Toxicology Testing Market share with 45% of the overall market in 2021. This growth is owing to the continuing technological advancements in the field, specifically in the U.S. in the North American region. Neurotoxicity is a kind of toxicity in which a biological, chemical or physical agent generates an unfavorable impact on the structure or function of the central and/or peripheral nervous system. Confirmatory biochemical testing in the clinic displays a Phe level of 500 umol/L, raised urine biopterin and absent urine DHPR activity. The surging recognition of drug discovery methods utilizing cell cultures amidst firms competing to arrive at the market with a novel drug molecule is further propelling the growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the soaring efforts for novel pharmaceutical molecules in the Asia-Pacific region. There are organizations to advance molecular imaging in the Asian countries and all through the world like Federation Of Asian Societies For Molecular Imaging (FASMI) in the Asia-Pacific region. The heightening acceptance of more novel technologies to enhance the standard of the medicine being provided is further fueling the progress of the ADME Toxicology Testing Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
ADME Toxicology Testing Market Drivers
Surging Significance of ADME Investigations is Projected to Drive the Growth of ADME Toxicology Testing Industry:
Molecular Imaging is one of the technologies employed in the ADME Toxicology Testing Market. A crucial part in drug discovery and development is organizing DMPK (Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics) investigations, frequently indicated as ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Elimination, Toxicity) investigations. These investigations assist in deciding the activity of a drug candidate by answering these essential questions:
- Absorption - How much of the medication is absorbed and how fast? (bioavailability)
- Distribution - Where is the medication delivered inside the body? What is the rate and magnitude of the medication?
- Metabolism - How quickly is the medication metabolized? What is the method of action? What metabolite is shaped and is it active or toxic?
- Elimination - How is the medication excreted and how fast?
- Toxicity -Does this medication have a toxic impact to body systems or organs?
It is estimated that approximately 50% of medication candidates are unsuccessful owing to unacceptable efficiency and that up to 40% of drug candidates have become unsuccessful in the time gone by owing to toxicity. Medications like mibefradil, soruvidine and phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride have been pulled off the market owing to drug-drug interactions or toxicity. It has become apparent to both regulators and drug makers that along with pharmacological characteristics, ADME/Tox investigations play a critical role in the success of a medication candidate. Owing to this effect on ultimate success, these investigations presently happen early in the drug discovery process. The surging significance of ADME Investigations is therefore propelling the growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry thereby contributing to the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry Outlook during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Soaring Innovations are Expected to Boost the Growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry:
ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Elimination) is a vital concept that outlines possible effect a chemical or medication may have on a living system within the context of cellular biology and biochemistry. This is owing to motion and metabolism of molecules being decided by physicochemical characteristics of the molecule as well as the host system. Neurotoxicity can be connected to exposure from some chemotherapy/radiation therapies, heavy metals, pesticides, food additives, industrial solvents, cleaning products and drug therapies. Neurological function and behavioral impacts are classically assessed by way of in vivo animal models of acute and repeat dose preclinical toxicity investigations. With the outset of REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) legislation, and the cost and ethical issues connected with animal testing, there is an appreciable push to recognize novel in vitro techniques which are able to foretell neurotoxicity in humans. Cyprotex provides in vitro cell based assays to investigate neurite outgrowth utilizing high content imaging and electrophysiological impacts applying high throughput microelectrode array. Cyclosporine neurotoxicity can happen in 1 in 10 patients subsequent to liver transplantation. Numerous firms have developed tools for foretelling toxicity connected to ADME, like ADMET Predictor by Simulations Plus, Inc., ADME/Tox by Sigma-Aldrich, LLC., PhysChem and ADME-Tox Prediction by ACD/Labs, PK/PD Database for Pharmacokinetic Properties by the Laboratory of Computational and Medicinal Chemistry and more. These tools permit researchers (pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical) to foretell possible toxicity in regard to ADME and physicochemical characteristics. These kinds of soaring innovations are therefore driving the growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry thereby contributing to the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry Outlook during the forecast period 2022-2027.
ADME Toxicology Testing Market Challenges
Limitations of ADME are Hampering the Growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Market:
Hepatotoxicity is one of the principal causes of failure at the time of drug development and the principal reason for elimination of certified medications from the market. In vivo toxicity testing is a key portion of drug safety testing. Hepatotoxicity with benzbromarone is approximated at 1:15000 (Lee et al., 2008). It seems to be rare in doses < 100 mg/day. Irrespective of the stage of ADME examined, the hazard of drug toxicity stays a severe possible result. Toxicology investigations can be carried out to set up the degree and hazard of drug toxicity. A drug may carry a greater hazard of toxicity with one route of administration over another. Insufficient ADME characteristics can be disastrous to otherwise good drug activity. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the ADME Toxicology Testing Market.
ADME Toxicology Testing Industry Outlook
Novel product launches, collaborations, partnerships and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the ADME Toxicology Testing Market. The top 10 companies in the ADME Toxicology Testing market are:
- Accelrys Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.
- Cyprotex PLC
- Charles River Laboratories International Inc.
- Catalent Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
- Promega Corporation
- In December 2021, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. declared that it has finished its acquisition of PPD, Inc., a leading global provider of clinical research services to the biopharma and biotech industry, for $17.4 billion. As formerly declared, the transaction is anticipated to contribute $1.50 to Thermo Fisher's adjusted earnings per share in 2022. Details of the 2021 impact will be offered at the time of Thermo Fisher's fourth quarter earnings call in early 2022.
- In June 2021, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. declared a partnership with Seegene, Inc., a global leader in multiplex molecular diagnostics, for the clinical development and commercialization of infectious disease molecular diagnostic products. Under the terms of the agreement, Seegene, based in Seoul, Korea, will offer diagnostic tests for application on Bio-Rad's CFX96™ Dx Real-Time PCR System for U.S. markets pending clinical development and clearance from The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Seegene assays provide multiplex real-time PCR detection and differentiation, with great sensitivity and specificity of up to seven targets in a single reaction. .
- In October 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced novel LC-MS for Targeted Toxicology Analysis. The novel Thermo Scientific Tox Explorer Collection provides an all-inclusive LC-MS workstream for toxicology assays. The Tox Explorer Collection includes proven and tested techniques allowing toxicology laboratories to accomplish precise, high-resolution data, regardless of analyte type, matrix complexities or user expertise. This concludes the ADME Toxicology Testing Industry Outlook.
Report Code: HCR 1429
Report Code: HCR 49547
Report Code: FBR 0118
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here