Heart Valve Devices Market By Product (Heart Valve Replacement Devices, Heart Valve Repair Devices), By End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialty Clinics, Cardiac Research Institutes, Others), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
Heart Valve Devices Market Overview
Heart Valve Devices Market size is estimated to reach $16.7 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.6% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Heart valve devices are utilized for the treatment of an obstruction in the heart valves, and implantation of these devices is one of the typical procedures. Mechanical heart valves and biological heart valves are two distinct kinds of prosthetic heart valve replacements which imitate the operations of a human valve. Certain reports recommend that the mechanical valves accessible presently are able to last indefinitely. However, mechanical valves presently need the ongoing application of blood thinners, or anticoagulants, to avert clotting on the valvular device. Without the application of anticoagulants, a blood clot can build on the valve which could eventually bring about a stroke. The biological valves prepared from animal tissue are termed xenografts while heart valves are taken from a human who has donated his/her heart and is termed an allograft or, more typically, a homograft. At certain times, a patient's own heart valve can be utilized at the time of a heart valve replacement operation. Transcatheter heart valves or transcatheter valves are synthetic valves prepared from biological tissues encircled by steel, cobalt-chromium, or nitinol stent. These valves can be either balloon-expandable or self-expandable. Aortic valves are valves in the hearts of humans and nearly all other animals, situated between the left ventricles and the aortas. valve has two leaflets. They allow blood to flow from the lungs into the left atrium. And they prevent backward flow from the left ventricle to the left atrium. The mitral valve (MV) is an atrioventricular (AV) valve and links the left atrium (LA) to the left ventricle (LV). The tricuspid and mitral valves maintain a tab on the blood flow from the atria into the ventricles. The aortic and pulmonary valves, on the other hand, regulate the blood flow out of the ventricles.
The heightening launch of novel products for application in minimally invasive procedures together with the application of transcatheter valves is set to drive the Heart Valve Devices Market. The increasing predominance of cardiovascular diseases and surging regulatory authorizations for novel and progressive prosthetic heart valves are set to propel the growth of the Heart Valve Devices Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Heart Valve Devices Industry Outlook.
The report: “Heart Valve Devices Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Heart Valve Devices Market.
- Geographically, North America Heart Valve Devices Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing predominance of cardiac ailments and the surging approval rates of cardiac devices together with proliferating application of transcatheter valves in the North American region.
- Heart Valve Devices Market growth is being driven by the soaring development of structural heart devices and procedures like transcatheter aortic valve replacement attributed to the high incidence of heart valve ailments. However, the soaring price of heart valves including transcatheter valves and the hazard of infection owing to cardiac implants is one of the major factors hampering the growth of Heart Valve Devices Market.
- Heart Valve Devices Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Heart Valve Devices Market report.
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Heart Valve Devices Market Segment Analysis – By Product:
The Heart Valve Devices Market based on product can be further segmented into Heart Valve Replacement Devices and Heart Valve Repair Devices. The Heart Valve Replacement Devices Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the noteworthy increase in the count of valve replacement surgeries and supportive health reimbursement. Certain physicians think that transcatheter valve-in-valve devices are a superior therapy for patients with failing tissue heart valve replacements. Furthermore, they indicate that valve-in-valve therapies may be utilized for failing aortic valves, mitral valves, tricuspid valves, and pulmonary valves. The soaring technical progress in heart valve replacement surgeries is further propelling the growth of the Heart Valve Replacement Devices segment.
Furthermore, the Heart Valve Repair Devices segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the heightening application of valve repair surgery to correct the issues brought about by one or more diseased heart valves and the application of transcatheter valves in the treatment of valvular heart disease.
Valve Devices Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
The Heart Valve Devices Market based on end user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialty Clinics, Cardiac Research Institutes, and Others. The Hospitals segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the increasing cases of heart valve repair or replacement surgery needing a stay in a hospital. Transcatheter valves requiring repair like transcatheter mitral valve repair decreases hospital stay and possibilities of surgical site complexities. The presence of qualified physicians, the proliferating count of surgeries in hospitals, supportive health reimbursement, the heightening government guidelines for the management of heart-related ailments, and progressive infrastructure in hospitals are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Ambulatory Surgical Centers segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging count of private practitioners, the increasing application of transcatheter valves, and the unfulfilled patient requirement.
Heart Valve Devices Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Heart Valve Devices Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Rest of the World. North America (Heart Valve Devices Market) held the largest share with 35% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the soaring acceptance of technologically superior products and methods in the North American region. Transcatheter valves provide a reasonable substitute for conventional surgical aortic valve replacement in some pediatric patients who are suboptimal surgical candidates. The relatively greater average selling prices of heart valve devices in the region are further propelling the growth of the Heart Valve Devices Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the expanding population of the elderly in the Asia-Pacific region. The supportive reimbursement scenarios, increase in regulatory authorizations, the existence of a big target patient population, and the development of certain transcatheter valves are further fuelling the progress of the Heart Valve Devices Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Heart Valve Devices Market Drivers
Surging Applications Of Mechanical Valves Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Heart Valve Devices Market:
As per statistics maintained on MedicineNet the 5-year survival rates for aortic valve replacement (AVR), surgery is 94%. This means 94 out of 100 people who endured AVR surgery could live at least 5 years. Mechanical heart valves were established over 50 years ago and are constituted completely of synthetic materials to form mechanical devices that replicate the operation of natural heart valves. They are planned to be durable and are therefore typically utilized to treat patients younger than 70 years of age. A medical device that is implanted into the heart of a patient with valve disease, like aortic stenosis or mitral regurgitation, is termed an artificial heart valve. A heart includes four valves -- an aortic valve, a mitral valve, a pulmonary valve, and a tricuspid valve. Mechanical heart valves are prepared from very durable materials inclusive of titanium, carbon compounds, and Teflon. Mechanical heart valves have conventionally been depicted as the gold standard for valvular replacement therapies (Schoen, 2005). The surging applications of mechanical valves are therefore fuelling the growth of the Heart Valve Devices Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Soaring Innovations In Heart Valve Surgery Are Expected To Boost The Growth Of The Heart Valve Devices Market:
The most significant current innovation in heart valve surgery has been the establishment of transcatheter techniques for the repair or replacement of heart valves. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is a minimally invasive heart procedure to substitute a thickened aortic valve that cannot completely open (aortic valve stenosis). As per the John Muir Health website, so far, greater than 45,000 patients have been implanted with Edwards’ transcatheter valves by multi-disciplinary heart teams worldwide. As has been the case with percutaneous transcatheter treatment of coronary artery disease, catheter delivery of valve prostheses for valve replacement is presently a reality. Additionally, percutaneous catheter methods have been established to decrease mitral valve inadequacy. To treat aortic valve stenosis, two transcatheter devices have been implanted successfully in hundreds of patients with superior outcomes in terms of security and efficacy. Both are bioprostheses mounted on a balloon catheter. In the more typical approach, the catheter is threaded into place in the aortic root retrograde by way of the aorta through a trans-femoral or iliac artery insertion site. Alternately, the catheter with the collapsed valve prosthesis is inserted by way of the left ventricular apex into the aortic root. The balloon is then inflated, compressing the native aortic valve, succeeded by deployment and extension of the valve prosthesis comfortably into place in the aortic annulus. The soaring innovations in heart valve surgery are therefore driving the growth of the Heart Valve Devices Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Heart Valve Devices Market Challenges
Limitations Of Mechanical Valves Are Hampering The Growth Of The Heart Valve Devices Market:
Nearly 2/3 of both aortic and mitral valve implants were recorded as mechanical. Recorded application of anticoagulative agents was considerably more typical in recipients of mechanical than of bioprosthetic valves. While mechanical heart valves offer superior durability, one of their principal limitations is the determined hazard of thrombosis which can result in valvular dysfunction. The most typical cause of valvular dysfunction results from the impediment of the valve discs by thrombus, and to a lesser extent, the formation of pannus. Pannus formation is characterized by fibrous tissue ingrowth and the existence of endothelial and immune cells. Additionally, turbulence, while much enhanced in comparison with former design iterations, still has the capability to promote thrombogenicity around the implanted heart valve. Thrombosis can also result from a compliance mismatch between the native tissue and implanted materials, where differences in mechanical compliance can lead to disturbed flow patterns, as has been noticed in vascular grafts. To avert thrombus formation, patients are needed to remain on lifelong anticoagulation therapy, which has its own hazards of excessive bleeding and dearth of blood clotting when required. Anticoagulants offer complexities for younger women owing to their being related to birth defects and additional pregnancy-related complications. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Heart Valve Devices Market.
Heart Valve Devices Industry Outlook:
Novel product launches, diversification of product portfolio, mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations, partnerships, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Heart Valve Devices Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- CryoLife, Inc.
- Edward Lifesciences Corporation
- Qiagen NV
- JenaValve Technology, Inc.
- Medtronic, Inc.,
- SYMETIS SA
- Neovasc, Inc.
- Sorin Group (LivaNova plc)
- In January 2022, CryoLife, Inc. declared that it was renaming and rebranding itself to Artivion, Inc., effective immediately. Effective January 24, 2022, the firm will alter its ticker symbol on the New York Stock Exchange to AORT from CRY. The novel website of the firm is https://artivion.com.
- In October 2021, Boston Scientific Corporation declared that it has entered into a definitive agreement to gain Baylis Medical Company Inc. for an upfront payment of $1.75 billion, subject to closing adjustments. The acquisition will extend the Boston Scientific electrophysiology and structural heart product portfolios to involve the radiofrequency (RF) NRG® and VersaCross® Transseptal Platforms as well as a family of guidewires, sheaths, and dilators utilized to back left heart access. These platforms have a progressive transseptal puncture and are clinically authorized to improve security, efficacy, and efficiency when crossing the atrial septum to deliver therapies in the left side of the heart, like atrial fibrillation ablation, left atrial appendage closure (LAAC), and mitral valve interventions.
- In January 2021, Boston Scientific declared that it has entered into a definitive agreement to gain Preventice Solutions, Inc., a privately-held firm that provides a complete portfolio of mobile cardiac health solutions and services, ranging from ambulatory cardiac monitors – involving short and long-term Holter monitors – to cardiac event monitors and mobile cardiac telemetry. The transaction includes an upfront cash payment of $925 million, and up to an additional $300 million in a potential commercial milestone payment. Boston Scientific has been an investor in Preventice since 2015 and presently holds an equity stake of nearly 22 percent, which is anticipated to result in a net payment of nearly $720 million upon closing and a milestone payment of up to nearly $230 million.
Report Code: HCR 0032
Report Code: HCR 0014
Report Code: AIR 0171
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here