Vasculitis Market Overview
Vasculitis Market size is valued at $369.8M by 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Vasculitis Market growth rate is attributed to the rising incidences of metabolic disorders and circulatory diseases such as peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and high demand for minimally invasive procedures. Vasculitis is basically triggered by certain infections or drugs or can occur for unknown reasons. People might have general symptoms, such as fever or fatigue, followed by other symptoms depending on which organs are affected, to confirm diagnosis i.e. biopsy is done on a sample of tissue from an affected organ to detect inflammation in the blood vessels. From recent innovations, which embed the introduction of innovative ideas such as use of sequential Magnetic Resonance Imagingmagnetic Resonance Angiography (MRIMRA) to the high demand for minimally invasive procedures, better healthcare infrastructure, which anticipated to provide better results to the physicians and allow them to work more efficiently, thereby propelling the Vasculitis Market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Vasculitis Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Vasculitis Market:
By Vasculitis Types: Large Arteries Vasculitis, Middle-sized Arteries Vasculitis, Small Blood Vessels Vasculitis, Behçet’s Disease (BD), Buerger’s Disease, Central Nervous System Vasculitis (CNS)/Primary Angiitis of the Central Nervous System (PACNS), Cogan’s Syndrome, Cryoglobulinemia and Cryoglobulinaemic Vasculitis, Hypersensitivity Vasculitis (HSV), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) (secondary vasculitis) and others.
By Diagnosis Types: Blood Test, Urine Test, Imaging Scans, Angiogram, Biopsy and others.
By Treatment Types: Medications and Surgery.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
- North America dominated the Vasculitis Market with a share of 38% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as increasing prevalence of chronic diseases owing to sedentary lifestyles, rise in geriatric population are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Vasculitis Market.
- Rising healthcare expenditure and R&D vasculitis treatment and supportive reimbursement policies are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
Vasculitis Types - Segment Analysis
Large Arteries Vasculitis segment held the largest share in the market owing to the increasing number of immunocompromised patients suffering from various large blood vessels vasculitis related disorders. Also, there has been a rising prevalence of CD4 T cell mediated Takayasu Vasculitis. Furthermore, small blood vessel vasculitis is anticipated to show the largest growth in the market segment in the forecast period of 2020-2025 as a result of rise is the number of small blood vessels aneurysm cases encountered amongst various groups of peoples and rampant growth in the reported cases owing to exposure towards pesticides and chemical exposure.
Treatment Type- Segment Analysis
On the basis of treatment type, medications segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 5.3%. The reason being attributed to the development and approval of newer drugs like rituximab for the treatment of vasculitis diseases in combination with other drug named prednisolone which effectively treats severe cases. Medication of vasculitis patients is believed to rise effectively as treatment for vasculitis depends on the type of vasculitis, which organs are affected and the severity of the condition. The main goal of treating vasculitis is to reduce inflammation in the affected blood vessels. People who have severe vasculitis are treated with prescription medicines. People who have mild vasculitis find relief with over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medicines, such as acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen is anticipated to further expand the segmental market over the projection period of 2020-2025.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Vasculitis Market with a share of 38% in 2019. North America remains the largest market of Vasculitis owing to the rising prevalence of large vessel vasculitis, presence of key pharmaceutical companies and the existence of advanced healthcare facilities continue to expand its market. High initial capital investment on infrastructure, enhanced funding by the key players on research and development programs for the development of new alternative drugs and the rising awareness amongst the mass regarding public health resulting in early diagnosis and treatment are to cater the Vasculitis Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025. Furthermore, Asia Pacific is set to register excellent growth during the forecast period 2020-2025 as a result of increasing number of geriatric population suffering with small vessel vasculitis, proactive government initiatives to expedite the research activities related to vasculitis treatment and increasing disposable income making it affordable for the ailing patient to receive optimum treatment.
Drivers – Vasculitis Market
- Better Clinical Outcomes in Vasculitis Treatment
With the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases owing to sedentary lifestyles there has been a high demand for minimally invasive procedures and better healthcare infrastructures for the treatment of vasculitis, so enhanced funding by the key players on research and development programs for the development of new alternative drugs and the introduction of introduction of innovative ideas such as use of sequential Magnetic Resonance Imaging magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRIMRA) devices for diagnosis and treatment are to act as Vasculitis Market key drivers during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Vasculitis Market
- High initial capital and maintenance cost
The major challenge for the market is the high initial capital investments on infrastructure and enhanced funding on research and development programs for the development of in a vast and heterogeneous market. The stringent rules and regulations by respective governmental bodies and lack of trained professionals are the major problems to hinder the growth of the market in the developing nations of Asia-Pacific.
Vasculitis Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Vasculitis Market. In 2019, Vasculitis Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Vasculitis Market top 10 companies are Merck & Co. Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Celgene Corporation, Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Astra Zeneca, Baxter International, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Novartis AG and others.
- In October 19, 2018 Bristol Myers Squibb Company announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved an update to the Rituxan® (rituximab) label to include information on follow up treatment of adult patients with Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPA) and Microscopic Polyangiitis (MPA) who have achieved disease control with induction treatment.
- In September 30, 2019 Roche announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Rituxan® (rituximab), in combination with glucocorticoids, for the treatment of granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA) and microscopic polyangiitis (MPA) in paediatric patients 2 years of age and older. GPA and MPA are rare, potentially life-threatening diseases affecting small and medium sized blood vessels.
- In November 25, 2019 ChemoCentryx, Inc. and Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (VFMCRP) announced positive topline data from the pivotal Phase III ADVOCATE trial of avacopan, an orally-administered selective complement 5a receptor inhibitor, for the treatment of patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis (ANCA-associated vasculitis or ANCA vasculitis).
1. Vasculitis Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Vasculitis Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Drug Class
2.3 Key trends by Disease Type
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Vasculitis Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Vasculitis Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Vasculitis Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Vasculitis Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Vasculitis Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Vasculitis Market – By Drug Class (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Vasculitis Market – By Disease Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Large Vessel Vasculitis
9.2 Medium Vessel Vasculitis
9.3 Small Vessel Vasculitis
10. Vasculitis Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Hospital & Clinics
10.2 Diagnostics Center
10.3 Research Institutes
11. Vasculitis Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Vasculitis Market - Entropy
13. Vasculitis Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Vasculitis Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Vasculitis Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.