This report gives an unequivocal investigation on the Phenolic Resins industry worldwide. It clarifies what are Phenolic Resins showcasing techniques of leading organizations and their costs. It enables you to ascertain diverse Phenolic Resins market forecast and also challenges for the coming years.
What are Phenolic Resins?
Phenolic resins are a kind of synthetic thermosetting resins. They were originally called as Bakelite. These are divided into Novolacs and Resoles. These are lightweight materials possessing excellent corrosiveness and are resistant to temperatures up to 300-350 °C. Some of the properties of phenolic resins include low humidity absorption, high dielectric strength, low toxicity, low smoke, and flame retardance.
Applications of Phenolic Resins:
Phenolic resins have a significant number of applications in many end-user industries. Phenolic resins are mainly used in wood adhesives, insulations, binders, molding compounds, laminates, phenolic foams and other applications. Snooker balls and balls for many table based games are made from phenol formaldehyde resin. The binding agent in the brake pads, brake shoes and clutch discs are made up of phenolic resin.
Trends in Phenolic Resins Market:
- The global Phenolic Resin Market is anticipated to reach $15 billion by 2022. The main end-user industries in the Phenolic Resins Market are Construction, Automotive, Furniture, and Electrical & Electronics industry. Phenolic resins find have huge applications in different wood products, which is mainly driven by the rise in growth of construction Industry. The global construction industry is expected to reach over $12 trillion in 2020 which will represent about 15% of the global GDP.
- As the automotive industry is also growing significantly. The Automotive market is about to cross the 100 million units’ threshold by 2019. The global sales in new vehicles is expected to exceed 98 million units in 2018. The increase in demand for many molded products in the automotive and aerospace industry will also contribute to the growth of global Phenolic Resins Market in the forecast period.
- A new research was done to prepare a novel Raney nickel catalyst for fix-bed reactions where the phenolic resin was used as a carbon precursor to prepare this catalyst. This resulted in the increase in stiffness and more efficient catalytic property in the catalyst than other preparation methods. This research will boost the usage of phenolic resin in catalyst manufacturing and in turn, boosts the Phenolic Resin Market globally.
- October 15, 2018: SK Capital Partners, an investment firm has completed the acquisition of SI Group, a leading manufacturer of performance additives and intermediates globally.
- February 6, 2018: Sun Chemical and its parent company, DIC Corporation, have completed the acquisition of Luminescence Holdings Ltd., a manufacturer of currency, tax stamps, passports and secure documents for the security market.
Key Players in the Phenolic Resins market: The companies referred to in the market research report includes industry key players in the market are Fenolit D.D., Shandong Laiwu Runda New Material Co. Ltd., DIC Corporation, Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC, BASF SE, Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd., Kolon Industries Inc., SI Group Inc., Hexion Inc., Sprea Misr, Saluc SA, Aica Kogyo Co. Ltd., Red Avenue Group Co. Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd., Mansoura for Resins & Chemical Industries Co. and Lerg SA among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Phenolic Resins Market- Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Phenolic Resins Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Key Trends by Form
2.2 Key Trends by Type
2.3 Key Trends by Product Type
2.4 Key Trends by Application
2.5 Key Trends by End Use Industry
2.6 Key Trends by Geography
3. Phenolic Resins Market – Comparative analysis
3.1 Market Share Analysis- Major Companies
3.2 Product Benchmarking- Major Companies
3.3 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.4 Patent Analysis- Major Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis (ASPs will be provided)
4. Phenolic Resins Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium Premium
4.1 Major startup company analysis:
4.1.3 Product portfolio
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Phenolic Resins Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3 Successful Venture Profiles
5.4 Customer Analysis – Major companies
6. Phenolic Resins Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Buyers
6.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.3.4 Competitive Rivalry
6.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
7. Phenolic Resins Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value/Supply Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunity Analysis
7.3 Product/Market Life Cycle
7.4 Distributor Analysis – Major Companies
8. Phenolic Resins Market – By Form (Market Size - US$ Million/KT)
9. Phenolic Resins Market – By Type (Market Size - US$ Million/KT)
10. Phenolic Resins Market – By Product Type (Market Size - US$ Million/KT)
10.1 Alkyl Phenolic Resins
10.2 Modified Phenolic Resins
11. Phenolic Resins Market – By Application (Market Size - US$ Million/KT)
11.1 Paints & Coatings
11.4.1 Bonded Abrasives
11.4.2 Coated Abrasives
11.4.3 Non-Woven Abrasives
11.5 Friction Materials
11.5.1 Brake Linings
11.5.2 Brake Pads
11.10 Rubber Products
11.11 Fuels & Lubricants
12. Phenolic Resins Market – By End User (Market Size - US$ Million/KT)
12.1 Automotive Industry
12.1.1 Passenger Cars
12.1.2 Light Commercial Vehicles
12.1.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicles
12.2 Aerospace & Defence Industry
12.4 Furniture Industry
12.5 Electrical & Electronics
12.6 Oil & Gas
12.7 Building & Construction
12.9 Agriculture Industry
12.10 Chemical Industry
12.11 Energy Industry
12.12 General Industrial
12.13 Health Care
12.15 Packaging Industry
12.16 Personal Care
12.17 Textile Industry
12.18 Steel Industry
13. Phenolic Resins Market - By Geography (Market Size - US$ Million/KT)
13.1 North America
13.2.9 Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia and New Zeeland
13.3.9 Rest of APAC
13.4 South America
13.4.5 Rest of South America
13.5 Rest of the World
13.5.1 Middle East
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of the Middle East
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Africa
14. Phenolic Resins Market – Entropy
14.1 New Product Launches
14.2 M&As, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
15. Phenolic Resins Market – Market Share Analysis Premium
15.1 Market Share at Global Level - Major companies
15.2 Market Share by Key Region - Major companies
15.3 Market Share by Key Country - Major companies
15.4 Market Share by Key Application - Major companies
15.5 Market Share by Key Product Type/Product category - Major companies
16. Phenolic Resins Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
17. Phenolic Resins Market Company Analysis - Business Overview, Product Portfolio, Financials, and Developments
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"