This report gives an unequivocal investigation on the Phenolic Resins industry worldwide. It clarifies what are Phenolic Resins showcasing techniques of leading organizations and their costs. It enables you to ascertain diverse Phenolic Resins market forecast and also challenges for the coming years.
What are Phenolic Resins?
Phenolic resins are a kind of synthetic thermosetting resins. They were originally called as Bakelite. These are divided into Novolacs and Resoles. These are lightweight materials possessing excellent corrosiveness and are resistant to temperatures up to 300-350 °C. Some of the properties of phenolic resins include low humidity absorption, high dielectric strength, low toxicity, low smoke, and flame retardance.
Applications of Phenolic Resins:
Phenolic resins have a significant number of applications in many end-user industries. Phenolic resins are mainly used in wood adhesives, insulations, binders, molding compounds, laminates, phenolic foams and other applications. Snooker balls and balls for many table based games are made from phenol formaldehyde resin. The binding agent in the brake pads, brake shoes and clutch discs are made up of phenolic resin.
Trends in Phenolic Resins Market:
- The global Phenolic Resin Market is anticipated to reach $15 billion by 2022. The main end-user industries in the Phenolic Resins Market are Construction, Automotive, Furniture, and Electrical & Electronics industry. Phenolic resins find have huge applications in different wood products, which is mainly driven by the rise in growth of construction Industry. The global construction industry is expected to reach over $12 trillion in 2020 which will represent about 15% of the global GDP.
- As the automotive industry is also growing significantly. The Automotive market is about to cross the 100 million units’ threshold by 2019. The global sales in new vehicles is expected to exceed 98 million units in 2018. The increase in demand for many molded products in the automotive and aerospace industry will also contribute to the growth of global Phenolic Resins Market in the forecast period.
- A new research was done to prepare a novel Raney nickel catalyst for fix-bed reactions where the phenolic resin was used as a carbon precursor to prepare this catalyst. This resulted in the increase in stiffness and more efficient catalytic property in the catalyst than other preparation methods. This research will boost the usage of phenolic resin in catalyst manufacturing and in turn, boosts the Phenolic Resin Market globally.
- October 15, 2018: SK Capital Partners, an investment firm has completed the acquisition of SI Group, a leading manufacturer of performance additives and intermediates globally.
- February 6, 2018: Sun Chemical and its parent company, DIC Corporation, have completed the acquisition of Luminescence Holdings Ltd., a manufacturer of currency, tax stamps, passports and secure documents for the security market.
Key Players in the Phenolic Resins market:
The companies referred to in the market research report includes industry key players in the market are Fenolit D.D., Shandong Laiwu Runda New Material Co. Ltd., DIC Corporation, Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC, BASF SE, Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd., Kolon Industries Inc., SI Group Inc., Hexion Inc., Sprea Misr, Saluc SA, Aica Kogyo Co. Ltd., Red Avenue Group Co. Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd., Mansoura for Resins & Chemical Industries Co. and Lerg SA among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Phenolic Resins Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Phenolic Resins Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Phenolic Resins Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Phenolic Resins Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Phenolic Resins Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Phenolic Resins Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Phenolic Resins Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Phenolic Resins Market – By Product Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
9. Phenolic Resins Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Insulating Agent
9.2. Molding Agent
10. Phenolic Resins – By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
10.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
10.3.1. Furniture Industry
10.3.2. Automotive Industry
10.3.3. Construction Industry
10.3.4. Electrical & Electronics Industry
10.3.5. Aerospace Industry
10.3.6. Transportation Industry
10.3.7. Oil & Gas Industry
10.3.8. Mining Industry
11. Phenolic Resins - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Phenolic Resins Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
11.3. Phenolic Resins - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
11.5. Phenolic Resins - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
11.7. Phenolic Resins – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
12. Phenolic Resins Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Phenolic Resins Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Phenolic Resins Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Phenolic Resins Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. Fenolit D.D.
15.3. DIC Corporation
15.4. Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC
15.5. BASF SE
15.6. Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd.
15.7. Kolon Industries Inc.
15.8. SI Group Inc.
15.9. Company 8
15.10. Company 9
15.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Phenolic Resins Market -Appendix
17. Phenolic Resins Market -Methodology Premium
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends