Phenylphenol Market Overview:
The increase in the use of fungicides and insecticides in the farming is the reason for the increase in phenylphenol. Growth in interest for high-quality food and rise in awareness in the emerging economies like India and China in the Asia Pacific is a factor driving the Phenylphenol Market in this region. Region wise Germany is the Market leader for Phenylphenol followed by Netherlands then China and then the rest of the world.
Phenylphenol Market Outlook:
The plants and vegetables have chances of being affected by the rots and moulds and causes problems in transportation of foods in the plants. Phenylphenol and salts of phenylphenol like sodium o-phenylphenate are used as anti-microbial agents in fruits and vegetables harvesting. Phenylphenol along with bezyl-4-chlorophenol and quaternary ammonium compounds can be used as microbicidal agents in sanitizing wipes. These are also used as preservatives in oil-water emulsions. Sodium o-phenylphenate, a salt of phenylphenol is used as an insect repellant for pets.
Phenylphenol Market Growth drivers:
The major growth driver for phenylphenol market is the increased use of fungicides and pesticides in the agriculture. The other driver is the awareness increase among the people and the increased usage of sanitizers and wipes is also a driver for the phenylphenol market.
Another growth driver in this market is the excessive usage of wood and paints in the infrastructure. Phenylphenol is used as a preservative in the wood and paints.
Phenylphenol Market Challenges:
One major challenge in the phenylphenol market is the hazardous and toxicity level of phenylphenol in the infants and children. It causes irritation in the skin and eye. The regulations set in various countries on usage of 0.2% of phenylphenol is therefore a major challenge in the phenylphenol market.
If the phenylphenol is exposed to human body for a long time, there is a chance of kidneys damage.
Phenylphenol Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Phenylphenol Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Phenylphenol (SAP) Market Report: Industry Coverage
Phenylphenol Market– By Solubility: Ethanol, Acetone, Benzene, Sodium hydroxide, Ethyl ether, ethylene glycol and others.
Phenylphenol Market– By Process involved: Sulfonation, Diazotization, Centrifuge filtering
Phenylphenol Market– By Substitutes: Chloro-substituted phenylphenols, Nitro-substituted phenylphenols
Phenylphenol Market – By Type: Chlorobenzene synthesis, Cyclohexanone synthesis.
Phenylphenol Market – By Application: Bacteriostats, Fungicides, Disinfectants, Nematicide and many more.
Phenylphenol Market – By End-user industries: Agrochemical industry, Food and beverages industry, Chemical industry, Automotive industry and many more.
The Phenylphenol Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Phenylphenol Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Dow chemicals, BASF, Lanxess, Sigma-Aldrich, AkzoNobel, Xiangshui Fumei Chemical Co. Ltd. and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Phenylphenol Market
- Lanxess, a key player in the Phenylphenol market stated that phenylphenol to be the most feasible biocides and it will be used in the leather industry as it protects from the yeasts and bacteria than any other compound.
- A research was done to test the salinity and ammonium metal level content in the water. O-phenylphenol on reacting with a nitroprusside catalyst showed much quicker reaction time and took less time to complete the test.
- INEOS, one of the largest chemical companies is expanding its phenol production plant by increasing its capacity to 850,000 tons a year which also improves the production of phenylphenol.
- European Union has made some amendments on January 16, 2018 asking to reduce the residue levels in the pesticides where phenylphenol is also included as it is one of the active ingredient used in the pesticide.