The increasing demand for hybrid vehicles in European Union and North America countries has led to increased consumption of biodiesel. With the aim of reducing carbon footprint, many Europeans have been considering buying alternative fuel vehicles, some of which run on biodiesel. An estimated 852,933 alternative fuel vehicles were purchased and registered in the European Union in 2017. The global glycerin market is complex and unpredictable and complex, since it is a byproduct in the production of biodiesel. The biggest consumers of glycerin is expected to be from the Asia-Pacific region considering its rising demand in beauty and cosmetic products. Pharmaceutical application is expected to be the largest market. Glycerin caters to applications in Agro, cosmetics, pharmaceutical excipient, food, lubricants, oil and gas, personal care and other industries. Its primarily used in applications as an emulsifier, anti-freeze, solvent and humectant.
What is Glycerin?
Glycerin is a trihydroxy sugar alcohol and is commercially known as glycidic alcohol, 1,2,3-propanotriol, glyceritol or trihydroxypropane. It is widely used as a pharmaceutical agent, emollient, solvent or sweetening agent.
Market Research and Market Trends of Glycerin Market
- The need to develop robust water treatment methods using a minimum amount of chemicals became even more vital after the occurrence of several outbreaks of waterborne pathogens through water treatment systems.
- The price of glycerin have been decreasing since the beginning of 2018 due to decreasing demands from China. In Europe refined glycerin prices have dropped by 20% since the start of the year.
- All the key players are now manufacturing glycerin with Kosher and Halal certifications so as to cater to all markets especially Jewish and Muslim customers who are specific about their religious rulings. Glycerin used to be made from animals fats specially pork fat which is forbidden to consume and utilize in some religions. Thus, many customers would refrain from consuming and utilizing such glycerin products especially in food and beverages.
Who are the Major Players in Glycerin Market?
The key players in the manufacturing of Glycerin are P&G Chemicals, Cargill Incorporated, KLK OLEO, Oleon and Wilmar International Ltd.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates an in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with the purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end-use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights into your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more. Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes. Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Glycerin Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Glycerin Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Glycerin Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Glycerin Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Glycerin Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Glycerin Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Glycerin Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Glycerin Market – By Grade (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Refined Glycerin
8.3.2. Crude Glycerin
9. Glycerin Market – By Source (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Vegetable Oil
9.2. Animal Fats
10. Glycerin Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.2. Personal Care
10.3. Food & Beverages
10.3. Polyether Polyols
10.3. Alkyd Resins
11. Glycerin Market – By Process (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.3. Fat Splitting
12. Glycerin - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Glycerin Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of North America
12.3. Glycerin - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Costa Rica
126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
12.5. Glycerin - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
12.7. Glycerin – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. South Korea
13. Glycerin Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Glycerin Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Glycerin Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Glycerin Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. P&G Chemicals
16.3. Cargill Incorporated
16.4. KLK OLEO
16.6. Wilmar International Ltd.
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Glycerin Market -Appendix
18. Glycerin Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends