Cumin seeds and the oil that they yield have both been used in cosmetic, medicinal, and culinary applications for more than 3000 years. Black Cumin Seeds were used by Greek physicians in the 1st century to address toothaches, headaches, nasal congestion, and intestinal worms. Their application as herbal remedies, condiments, and treatments is still utilized for formulating solutions for aches and topical irritations, including bites, sores, inflammation, and rashes. In India and the Middle East, Black Cumin seeds have a bitter and pungent flavor that is comparable to a blend of black pepper, onions, and oregano – have been dry-roasted and used as a spice and flavor agent in vegetables, pulses, bread, curries, and string cheese. Nowadays specialized oil known as black jeera oil that is prepared from black cumin extract is available and being widely adopted by consumers globally.
With anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, it soothes skin and facilitates its healing process to effectively address conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Its analgesic properties make it ideal for reducing the discomforts of rheumatism. The highest quality 100 percent black cumin oils are organic and cold pressed. To protect the delicate oil from turning rancid, they are packaged in a dark colored glass jar. The Black Cumin Seed Oil market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 1.9% during the forecast period i.e. 2018 to 2023. The growth is mainly driven by the usage of organic products for daily purpose.
What is Black Cumin Seed Oil?
Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil is derived from the seeds of the Nigella sativa botanical (popularly known as the Fennel Flower). Black Cumin Seed Oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids delivers gentle nourishing moisture that is easily absorbed into the skin. It gives the feeling o smooth, hydrated, and nourished skin with a radiant look. Its softening quality makes it beneficial for even the most sensitive skin and its firming and regenerative properties are known to lessen the chance of scars developing from wounds. Black Cumin Seed Oil works as an antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent that eliminates harmful topical bacteria while preventing their future growth hence is a an ingredient in medicine manufacturing,
What are the major applications for Black Cumin Seed Oil?
Black Cumin Seed Oil has been used since old ages in a wide range of applications in ayurvedic medicines, mainly for its stimulating, warming, and tonic properties as well as for its uplifting effect on the mood.
Black Cumin Seed Oil finds various cosmetic and topical applications. It can be applied directly to the preferred areas of skin to hydrate, to soothe acne, burns, and other unwanted blemishes, and to reduce the appearance of the signs of aging, such as fine lines. To address fungus and skin infections a moisturizer infused with this oil is used. It is also used in broad range of medicinal applications, Black Cumin Seed Oil is reputed to be beneficial for a wide range of ailments and conditions, but it is best known for its ability to ease joint pain, muscle aches, bruises, and symptoms of rheumatism. Furthermore, it energizes tired muscles, strengthens immunity, reduces stiffness, eases digestive complaints, promotes the expulsion of bodily toxins, and regulates menstruation as well as related complaints. thus proving to stimulate a strong immune response..
Market Research and Market Trends of Black Cumin Seed Oil Ecosystem
- It has been found upon experimentation that Black Cumin seeds contain over 100 chemical compounds and even there are some of the ingredients are yet to be discovered and identified. Crystalline nigellone is the main active ingredient in black cumin seed oil. Chemicals such as beta siststerol, thymoquinone, myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, palmioleic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, proteins and vitamins B1, B2, and B3, etc. are present in the oil. Minerals such as calcium, folic acid, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorous are also contained. There have been immense demand for the oil products all over the world and there are still attempts being made to improve quality and productivity of oil.
- The major source for black cumin seed oils currently exist in India and Israel. These two are the worldwide leading exporters of the black cumin seed products due to prowess in agricultural sector and favorable climatic conditions. With the technology for agriculture evolving due to incorporation of techniques such as precision farming it is expected that the European and American countries will turn towards self-production of black cumin seeds keeping in sight the benefits of the oil products.
- The oil should be kept as it is in its original liquid form to maximise its health benefits. Researchers have invented a way to mask the bad taste of black seed oil for easy consumption at all levels. The innovative technique involves the encapsulation of the bad-tasted material in alginate beads. The black seed oil can be sold as intermediate-product to food companies to incorporate it into other final products. By this method, the value and nutrients of black seed oil is preserved and at same time people are able to have benefits by directly consuming it in many other forms of foods. The drug delivery techniques such as vaporization are also expected to play their role in future.
Who are the Major Players in Black Cumin Seed Oil market?
The players profiled in the report include Henry Lamotte OILS GmbH, FLAVEX Naturextrakte GmbH, Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH, Kerfoot Group, Earthoil Plantations, Life Extension, Nuverus, Omega Pharma, BioPraep
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Black Cumin Seed Oil- Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Black Cumin Seed Oil - Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Black Cumin Seed Oil- Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Black Cumin Seed Oil market
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Black Cumin Seed Oil market- Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Black Cumin Seed Oil market- By Oil Type
6.1. Virgin Oil
6.2. Refined Oil
7. Black Cumin Seed Oil market- By Application
7.3. Health Food
8. Global Black Cumin Seed Oil Market - By Geography
8.1. North America
8.2. South America
8.2.7. Costa Rica
8.4.3. South Korea
8.4.7. Hong Kong
8.5. Middle East& Africa
9. Market Entropy
9.1. New Product Launches
9.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
10. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
10.1. Henry Lamotte OILS GmbH
10.2. FLAVEX Naturextrakte GmbH
10.3. Kerfoot Group
10.4. Earthoil Plantations
10.5. Life Extension
10.7. Omega Pharma
10.9. Company 9
10.10. Company 10
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11.3. Research Methodology
11.5. Compilation of Expert Insights