This report centers on the Progesterone in the worldwide market, particularly in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market in light of producers, regions, type and application.
What is Progesterone?
Progesterone is an endogenous steroid which is secreted by the corpus luteum, a temporary endocrine gland that the female body produces after ovulation during the second half of the menstrual cycle. It belongs to a group of steroids called progestogens and it is the main progestogen in the body. Progesterone involves mainly in the maintenance of pregnancy, regulation of the menstrual cycle, and embryogenesis. Low progesterone levels may prompt consistent breast tenderness, stomach agony, weariness, and even miscarriage or fetal demise. Amid this stage, progesterone is given to the patient to prevent the previously mentioned conditions.
Applications of Progesterone:
Progesterone has many applications. It is used in the treatment of Amenorrhea, the absence of menstrual periods. It is used with estrogen in the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). It is also used in the infertility treatment for women. Applying progesterone in the vagina reduces breast pain and tenderness in women. It reduces the menopausal symptoms and reduces the risk of premature delivery and many other applications.
Trends in Progesterone Market:
- The main drivers in the development of the progesterone market are growing occurrences of infections, for example, anomalous uterine dying, amenorrhea, uterine tumor, breast cancer etc. Moreover, inferable from innovative advancements in the therapeutic industry, synthetic progesterone or progestins are likewise utilized as a demonstrative guide to check the impacts of estrogen. In any case, the absence of awareness with respect to the accessibility of such hormone treatment and side effects of progesterone or progestins are hampering their market growth. There are many side effects like severe Breast pain, Fever, Joint pains, headache, dizziness, breast lumps, blurred vision, unexpected vaginal bleeding, severe convulsions, constipation, Nausea and hair loss etc. These side effects are the main challenges in using the progesterone in the market.
- May 30, 2018: The North American Menopause Society (NAMS) has published a paper on a study that demonstrates the cognitive benefits of transdermal estradiol in combination with an oral progesterone for postmenopausal women. The study demonstrates that the combination of transdermal estradiol and an oral progesterone can slow down cognitive decline.
- November 17, 2017: Wayne State University - Office of the Vice President for Research, has published a paper on progesterone to fight preterm birth. This provides treatment with vaginal progesterone to reduce the risk of preterm birth, neonatal complications and infant death in pregnant women with a short cervix.
- September 28, 2016: Pfizer has successfully acquired Medivation Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on the rapid development of small molecule drugs to treat serious diseases
- August 2, 2016: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., has successfully acquired Allergan’s Genetics Business (Actavis Generics).
Key Players in Progesterone market:
The companies referred to in the market research report includes the key players in the market who are Pfizer, Merck Serono, Solvay, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi Aventis, Actavis, Xianju Pharma, Asen, Chenggu Zhenhua Bio-Tech, Kaitai Hormone, Zhejiang Medicine Xinchang, Hongyuan Pharmaceutical, Senzu, Hubei Fangtong Pharmaceutical, Kaitai Hormone and Xian Gaoyuan among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates an in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with the purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end-use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights into your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more. Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes. Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Progesterone Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Progesterone Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Progesterone Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Progesterone Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Progesterone Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Progesterone Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Progesterone Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Progesterone Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Natural Progesterone
8.3.2. Synthetic Progesterone
9. Progesterone Market – By Form (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Progesterone Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.2. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
10.3. Endometrial hyperplasia
10.4. Progesterone deficiency
10.5. Premenstrual syndrome
10.7. Hormone Replacement Therapy
11. Progesterone - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Progesterone Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of North America
11.3. Progesterone - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Costa Rica
184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
11.5. Progesterone - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
11.7. Progesterone – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. South Korea
12. Progesterone Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Progesterone Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Progesterone Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Progesterone Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.3. Merck Serono
15.6. Sanofi Aventis
15.8. Xianju Pharma
15.10. Chenggu Zhenhua Bio-Tech
15.11. Kaitai Hormone
15.12. Company 11
15.13. Company 12 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Progesterone Market -Appendix
17. Progesterone Market -Methodology Premium
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends