The global ATH flame retardant market generated a revenue of $539.6m in 2017 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.18% during the forecast period. Due to the rapid growth of construction and electronics sector, APAC region has highest consumptions of ATH flame retardants when compared to American region. The reason for increase in the use of ATH flame retardant is due to prohibition of using halogenated flame retardants as they are toxic to the environment and also, ATH flame retardants are cost effective. Increase in urbanization and rapid development of infrastructure has raised the need for fire safety in day to day life which has increased the sale of ATH flame retardant.
What are Flame Retardants?
Flame retardants are chemicals that are added or applied to the materials in order to prevent the outburst of fire. They have been used in many consumer and industrial products to decrease the ability of materials to ignite. Flame retardants provide fire protection for the consumers and reduce the risks associated with the fire. However, several halogenated flame retardants have been banned as they do not break down easily leading to bioaccumulation of these substances which in turn affect the flora and fauna.
Alumina Trihydrate (ATH) a widely used flame retardant and smoke suppressant as it is available at a very low cost and is versatile as it is halogen free, environmental friendly and does not emit toxic smoke when burned.
What are the major applications of Alumina Trihydrate (ATH) Flame Retardant?
The major end user industries of ATH flame retardant are electronics, construction, furnishing and transportation. In furnishings, ATH flame retardant is used in upholstery, mattresses, carpets, curtains, and fabric blinds. It is also used in electronics and electrical devices such as computers, laptops, phones, televisions, and household appliances, plus wires and cables. Polystyrene and polyurethane insulation foams are used in building and construction. It has wide application in transportation industries as it can be used for seats, seat covers and fillings, bumpers, overhead compartments, and other parts of automobiles, airplanes, and trains. The major reason for the usage of ATH flame retardant is to provide protection against fire accidents.
Market Research and Market Trends of ATH Flame Retardant Market:
- The Fire Retardant Additives business which is a part of the Huber Engineered Materials has invested a significant capital to increase the production for Martinal LEO at its Martinswerk Plant in Bergheim, Germany. The Martinal LEO fine precipitated alumina trihydrate grades consists of superior processing properties and serves as the company’s global product platform for its customers.
- Researchers from Nan yang Technological University located in Singapore have developed a cost effective coating that offers fire and corrosion protection. This coating can be applied easily on steel structures that will reduce extensive labor work thus improving the productivity. The new coating has the ability to maintain superior adhesion under high temperatures leading to building safety for occupants.
- Chemarc, a chemical company has developed flame retardant viscose fiber which is mainly composed of nitrogen series compound. This flame retardant is an organic compound which is made up of polysilicic acid manufactured by nano modified spinning technique. This flame retardant viscose fiber, when burned, will produce a lot of nitrous oxide, which further isolates the fiber flame point from oxygen, thereby showing a fire-retardant effect.
Who are the Major Players in ATH Flame Retardants market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes JM Huber, Albemarle Corporation, Almatis, Alcoa World Alumina Minerals, Sumitomo Chemicals, Magyar Aluminum, Nabaltec, Chalco Aluminium Corp of China, TOR Minerals Europe, and Alteo.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.