The Breast Implants Market is estimated to reach revenue of $4.14bn by 2025 from $2.4bn in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 8.21% during the forecast period 2019-2025. The growth of the Breast Implants market is owed to the increasing number of breast cosmetic procedures in the market. Development of new combination treatments like collective procedure of breast implants generates huge opportunities for the market growth.
- Breast Implants are usually available in either round or autonomous shape which can be customized based on patients expectation
- Major players in the Breast Implants market are Allergan PLC, Mentor Worldwide LLC, GC Aesthetics, Polytech Health & Aesthetics GmbH, Laboratories Arion etc
- A future ongoing trend in the market will be the use of shaped implants and companies are doing further independent researches to establish long term outcomes.
- Breast prosthesis also have gained popularity in the developed and developing countries. It mainly functions as an artificial breast replacing the shape of all or part of the breast that has been removed
By Type - Segment Analysis
On the basis of Type, silicon segment dominated the breast implant market in 2018 with a CAGR of 5.6% due to the huge demand of silicone breast implants from cosmetic surgeons. The saline segment is also having huge demand in the market due to the low cost on saline implants compared to silicone implants. The silicone implant has an elastomer silicone shell.
By Application - Segment Analysis
On the basis of Application, cosmetic surgery accounts for the largest revenue share owing to the huge demand outbreak in the cosmetic industry especially on plastic surgeries. Most women gives more importance to their physical appearance as it symbolizes the confidence level of them. Reconstructive surgery also has quite considerable demand in the market. It mainly deals with the defects and deformities of patient’s chest wall and remove all breast tissue from a breast for treatment of breast cancer.
By End Users - Segment Analysis
On the basis of End Users, Hospital segment holds the largest revenue due to the wide expansion of medical tourism across the globe and rise in cosmetic surgeries in hospitals. Specialty Clinics segment also has a significant contribution to the market owing to the increase in number of clinics and rise in cosmetic surgeon’s working in clinics.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America is estimated to hold largest share, of 39% in the market in 2018. This is due to the significant demand in breast augmentation surgery and breast reconstruction procedures in the market. The high cost of devices is also not adversely affecting the market growth owing to the endless demand for the products as patients are ready to afford any amount of expense for the transplant. The U.S. is the most popular destination for breast implants due to the huge presence of multi- specialty hospitals.
Drivers - Breast Implants Market
- Change in attitude and Increasing prevalence of cosmetic procedures:
Women desires to look attractive and gain attention is prompting them to undergo cosmetic procedures in hospitals or specialty clinics, which further increases the demand for breasts implants in the market.
- Rising Prevalence of Breast Cancer
Rising Prevalence of breasts cancer leads to increasing breast implants. Cancer has been rising rapidly in recent years. According to WHO, The global cancer burden is estimated to have risen to ~18 million new cases and 9.6 million deaths in 2020. Breast cancer accounts to 627,000 deaths in 2018 and accounts to 15% of all cancer deaths among women.
Challenges – Breast Implants Market
- Additional expense incurred on medical tests, medications and post-surgery garments limits the growth of breast implants in the market.
- In some cases re-surgery may be required for correcting appearance that will further escalate the patient expenditures. And also chance of infections to occur cannot be neglected after the surgery
Companies are trying to create their own mark in the market by adopting medical advancement through research and development at an accelerated rate. The company has also try to enrich their product catalogues through product developments and new product launches to resolve the potential resource gap prevailed in their companies in the form of technologies, products etc. Growing popularity of gummy bear breast implants is an emerging trend in the breast implants market.
- On June 2019, GC Aesthetics announced the launch of Eve 4.0, a digital consultation solution (DCS) that provides visualization aids to patients considering breast reconstruction or augmentation surgery in Europe and Brazil, which is likely to favor the market growth
- Allergan Recalls Natrelle Biocell Textured Breast Implants Due to Risk of breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL), a cancer which affects immune system.
Breast Implants Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Breast Implants market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats.