The Electric Toothbrush Market size is estimated to reach revenue of $4.76bn by 2025 from $2.82bn from 2018, growing at a CAGR of 7.76% during the forecast period 2019-2025. The growth of the Electric Toothbrush market is owed to the high prevalence of oral diseases. Rising awareness among the youth towards oral hygiene and new technological advancements in electric toothbrush such as the emergence of connected electric toothbrush is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
- Electric Toothbrush are availed with advanced features that enhance the brushing experience and attributes to the brushing habits.
- Electric Toothbrush top 10 companies are Colgate Palmolive, Panasonic, FOREO, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Procter and Gamble Co., Water Pik, Inc., Mornwell, Shenzhen Risun Technology Co. Ltd., SONIC Chic, and JSB Healthcare.
- Major outbreak that drives the market is the growth initiative taken by regulatory organizations. For e.g. - WHO global oral health program has formed to integrate with the shanghai declaration on health promotion (2030 agenda for health promotion) and the global non communicable agenda. Integration of oral health issues with the national public health initiatives increases the impact and reach of oral health programs.
By Movement Speed - Segment Analysis
On the basis of movement speed, sonic segment holds the largest growth in the market accounts to 4.6% CAGR owing to the increasing number of health benefits like removing plague and dental care. The power segment also holds significant share in the market. An ultrasonic toothbrush is a type of electric toothbrush that uses ultrasound to increase its effectiveness. The ultrasonic toothbrush is able to produce such high frequencies by using piezoelectric crystal. Some electric toothbrushes are specially designed for gum massaging.
By Action - Segment Analysis
On the basis of Action, rotation segment dominated the market growth owing to prominent plaque removal and gingivitis removal as compared to sonic toothbrushes. Vibration segment is also estimated to have a lucrative growth during the forecast period owing to the high usage among people due to the high level of vibrations provided the advanced electric toothbrushes.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America and Europe are having a major share in the market owed by increasing awareness regarding the necessity of the products. North America dominated the market with a revenue share of 35%. In APAC region, increasing number of dental diseases leads to rise in awareness regarding the product.
Drivers - Electric Toothbrush Market
- Rising Awareness of oral hygiene:
Rising awareness of the public regarding the oral hygiene is a major factor that drives the market.
- Increasing Disposable Income among developing nations
Rising disposable income in developed countries is attributing to the growth of the market. As developed and developing economies are concerned with the health problems that arises, people intend to invest their savings to these innovative products.
Challenges – Electric Toothbrush Market
- Major challenge in the market is the huge expense incurred in removing the head of electric tooth brush.
Electric Toothbrush Industry Outlook
Companies are trying to create their own mark in the market by adopting new technologies at an accelerated rate. The company has also try to enrich their product catalogues through product developments. And many companies are starting to acquire small companies to resolve the potential resource gap prevailed in their companies in the form of technologies, products etc. Companies are also starting investing in new technologies and research and development sector. In 2018, the electric toothbrush market share is consolidated by the key players present in the market.
- For instance, in 2018, Colgate launched the Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush E1 in U.S., backed with Artificial Intelligence. This product is available exclusively at selected Apple stores and Apple.com.
Electric Toothbrush Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Electric Toothbrush market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This electric toothbrush market report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats.