The Global market for food and beverage pressure sensor is forecast to reach $2.31 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2020 to 2025. The market growth is attributed to the factors such as advancements in micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), increase in demand from growing food and beverage industries, stringent government regulations, and rise in the adoption of smart technology. Moreover its pneumatic applications including monitoring and controlling line pressures, tank levels and flows in the food and beverage industry adds to the markets growth.
The report: “Food and beverage pressure sensor market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the food and beverage pressure sensor market.
- Maintenance of product quality and safety provokes the manufacturers to deploy pressure sensor. Failure to follow reasonable compliance requirements for correct and detailed procedure variables calculation will result in violations. This lead to cash sanctions to closure facilities or felony proceedings against facilities workers. Thus deployment of pressure sensor in food and beverage industry boosts the market growth.
- APAC region is anticipated to dominate the global food and beverage pressure sensor market by2025 owing to the implementation of advanced manufacturing process, large number of manufacturers and the investments made in food and beverage industry.
By Product type- Segment Analysis
Absolute pressure sensor product type segment held the highest market share of food and beverage pressure sensor in 2019. Moreover, it is anticipated to witness the significant market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025. Market growth is attributed to its various applications including aviation altimeters, liquid vapour pressure control, distillation methods, HVAC and manufacturing of semiconductors. Moreover, absolute pressure sensors assure that a specified vacuum pressure is exerted to secure and protect food in vacuum packing equipment, irrespective of the regular local air load. In April, 2019 PBM220 AND PBM230 absolute pressure sensor series was launched by Pewatron. The sensors are ideal for multiple uses and can be applied to a broad range of media uses. The sensor is coated with gel so oil in the pneumatic air does not harm the sensor. Such product launches and applications of absolute pressure sensor in food and beverage industry boosts the market growth.
By Technology type- Segment Analysis
Food and beverage pressure sensor market is segmented into piezo-resistive, electromagnetic, capacitive, optical pressure sensing, potentiometric and others on the basis of technology. The market of Piezo-resistive segment is anticipated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period 2020-2025. Its stiffness is one of the key benefits of piezoelectric pressure sensors. This renders them suitable for usage in a variety of harsh conditions and at high temperatures. The susceptibility can shift with temperature, but with proper material selection this can be reduced. The output signal is produced by the piezoelectric part itself, hence these devices are essentially low-power. The sensing factor itself is insensitive to radiation and electromagnetic interference. Moreover, Piezo-electric sensors can be easily made using inexpensive materials (for example quartz or tourmaline), so they can provide a low cost solution for industrial pressure measurement. Additionally, in October 2017, Flush Diaphragm Piezo-resistive Pressure Sensor was launched by Bestech Australia for monitoring pressure and level in pipes, tanks and filters in the food and beverage industry. These are safe even when it comes in contact with foodstuffs as it is approved by IECEx. Thus such product launches and beneficial of piezo-resistive sensors boosts the market growth.
Geography - Segment Analysis
APAC region is anticipated to observe the significant market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025. The market growth is attributable to factors including the presence of major food and beverage manufacturing companies such as Nestle, coca cola and others that deploys pressure sensor for the manufacturing purposes. Growing food and beverage industry owing to rapid industrialization, urbanisation, changing lifestyle of people with growing per capita income is leveraging a positive impact on the market growth of food and beverage pressure sensor. The rapid increase in use of automation systems for better efficiency and proper hygiene maintenance is going to boosts the market growth of food and beverage pressure sensor. Moreover, the presence of leading automated system user countries such as Republic of Korea, Singapore, Japan and others propels the food and beverage pressure sensor market in this region.
Drivers – Food and beverage pressure sensor market
- Safe food production
Food and beverage manufacturing and distribution is regulated by a complex network of rules, legislation, standards of conduct, and guidelines. The goal of these rules and guidelines is to reduce possible hazards to customers arising from the existence of foreign bodies or bacteria from potentially harmful goods. The usage of pressure instrumentation for healthy food processing is an integral part thereby boosting the market growth.
Challenges – Food and beverage pressure sensor market
- Error due to calibration drift
Food and beverage processes are especially vulnerable to adjustment drift because many of the processes conduct CIP / SIP processes that cause abrupt shocks in temperature to the pressure instrument. It may contribute to major drift-induced errors.
Partnerships and acquisitions along with product launches are the key strategies adopted by the players in the food and beverage pressure sensor market. As of 2019, the market for food and beverage pressure sensor market is consolidated with the top players including Honeywell, ABB, Amphenol, BD Sensors, Emerson Electric, First Sensor, Micro Sensor, Quartzdyne, Sensata Technologies, Crane and among others.
- In January 2020, Media-Isolated Stainless Steel Pressure Sensor MIP series was launched by Honeywell. The pressure sensor is designed for a range of consumer-specific solicitations with better efficiency and high burst pressure. This minimizes the expense of food and beverage building and operating systems.
- In October 2019, a new Pressure and Level Sensors for addressing rising IOT solicitations was launched by L-com. These IOT sensors provide outstanding range, precision and capacity to work in rugged conditions commonly found in industries such as oil and gas, water and wastewater, factory automation, food and beverage production.