The Latin America & Africa Automated Material Handling Market is estimated to reach $6.21 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2020 to 2025. Automated material handling is automation based technology that is used to sort materials, check-in and check-out material.. The automated material handling systems are integrated systems that ensure certain activities like handling, sorting and controlling of materials are effectively done. The objective of the automated material handling systems is to ensure whether the material in the right amount is delivered to the desired destination safely at the right time and at minimum cost.
The rise in demand of automation technologies such as wireless technologies, robotics and others along with rise in adoption of automated material handling equipments has driven the market growth in Latin America and Africa region.
The report: “Latin America & Africa Automated Material Handling Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Emergency Mobile Substation Market
By Material Handling Equipment – Industrial Trucks, Conveyors, Monorails; hosts & Cranes, Automated guided vehicle systems, Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems.
By End User – Automotive, Chemical, logistics & Transportation, Food and Beverages, Semiconductors and Electronics, Manufacturing, Lifesciences and Others
By System Type – Unit Load Material Handling System, Bulk Load Material Handling Systems
By Geography - South America(Brazil, Argentina and others), Africa (Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa and Others)
- The rise in automation technologies like robotics, wireless technologies along with surge in adoption of driverless vehicles in the various end use industries like Food and Beverages, Manufacturing and Others are driving the growth of the market.
- Latin America is expected to dominate the global Latin America& Africa Automated Material Handling Market in the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the growth of the automated handling technology application in the various end use industries. Furthermore, adoption of smart automated technologies have also boosted the market growth in this region.
- Food and Beverages industry witnessed a significant growth in the market owing to the higheruse of automated storage and retrieval systems formore precise food storing and food processing.
By System Type- Segment Analysis
By System type the market is segmented into Unit load material handling and bulk load material handling. The Unit load material handling is dominating the market owing to its rising use in the end use industries for material handling. The unit load automated systems retrieve items in multiple areas instead of moving only in one path owing to which it is used by many industrial verticals for retrieving purposes. Unit loads carry a huge job as they are designed to carry a load of few thousand pounds or even more owing to which they are used widely in the end use industries. Furthermore, increased labor costs along with space requirements have created the demand for Unit load material handling driving the growth of the market.
By End Users - Segment Analysis
By end users the market is segmented into Automotive, Chemical, Logistics and Transportation, Manufacturing, Food and Beverages, Semiconductor and Electronics, , Life sciences and others. Automotive sector is witnessing a significant growth in the market owing to the wide use of automated material handling systems for various applications in the automotive industries like data management analysis, adas test, hardware inloop, powertrain test and other applications. Furthermore, this automated technology also provides Optimized material flow, improved cycle times, custom solutions and others in the automotive industry.
Geography - Segment Analysis
- Latin America & Africa Automated Material Handling Marketis dominated by Latin America region by a market share 80.5% in 2019. Latin America dominated the market owing to the large investment in the industrialization and presence of the major key players in this region. The significant presence and rise in the expansions of manufacturing industries alongside the usage of industrial motors in the manufacturing process is mainly contributing to the market share of the country. In December 2018, Nestle announced plans to invest $154M in building a new coffee factory in Mexico. Therefore the usage of variable motors with different capacities and rotating speed in milling, grinding, mixing, conveyor systems and so on is impacting on the growth of the market
Drivers – Latin America & Africa Automated Material Handling Market
- Rise in adoption of automated material handling systems in Latin America and Africa Region:
Rise in adoption of automated storage systems in these regions have driven the growth of the market. In these regions automated storage retrieval systems are adopted owing to the safety purposes and for arranging the materials in a proper form in the industries.
With the encryption of new automated technologies including robotics, automated vehicles, and wireless technologies have led to the rise in use of these automated material handling systems. The use of automated guided vehicles, robots, conveyors and others have led to the cost-effective and energy efficient material handling systems thereby driving the market growth.
- Rise in industrialization:
The rise in industrialization in the Latin America and Africa region along with the growth in automated technology usage is driving the growth of the market in this region. In Latin America, countries such as Brazil, Mexico and Argentina have large-scale food processing and packaging industry and other manufacturing of food materials owing to which there is rise in use of automated material handling systems for storing the food items in the specific locations. Furthermore, rising demand and investments towards installation of energy efficient automated systems in various end-user industries are also driving the demand for automated material handling systems.
Challenges – Latin America & Africa Automated Storage Retrieval Systems Market:
High installation Investment along with maintenance and use of alternate systems:
The installation of automated storage retrieval systems is quite high and they require substantial changes to the warehouse infrastructure and layout. Regular equipment maintenance is required for the peak performance of the automated material handling systems. Furthermore, the equipment is large and bulky.
In case of automated storage retrieval systems many end users are using collaborative mobile robots in place of automated storage retrieval systems. These collaborative mobile robots also work efficiently and increase productivity without requiring infrastructural changes. In Addition, the collaborative mobile robots are scalable and affordable as wellThese factors are hindering the growth of the market.
Launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the America & Africa Automated Material Handling Marketare given in this reportAmerica & Africa Automated Material Handling Marketis dominated by major companies such as, Daifuku Co. Ltd., Siemens AG, Bosch Rexroth, Dematic Group S.A.R.L, Toyota Industries Corporation, JBT Corporation, Swislog Holdings AG, BastainSolutions,Inc., KUKA AG, KION Group AGamong others.
- March 27, 2019-Thomas H. Lee Partners L.P (THL) acquired Fortna Inc. The acquisition provided Fortna Inc. with financial resources to accelerate its growth in e-commerce along with advanced warehouse automation infrastructure.
- July 11, 2019-New Zealand based apparel company label AS Colour supported Dematic Corporation for advancing theirits integrated automation technology.