Orthodontics Market Overview:
Hesitation in seeking diagnosis and treatment for oral disorders have caused discomfort, pain, and severe repercussions for large sections of people, particularly in underdeveloped areas. According to World Health Organization’s (WHOs) The Global Burden of Disease Study, published in the year 2018, around 3.58 billion people, which equals half of the world’s population, are affected by oral diseases. This calls for an urgent need for significant analysis, monitoring, and medications as well as the need to create awareness among people for achieving effective results. Orthodontics, a branch of dentistry dealing with the proper positioning of teeth and rectifying gum imbalance, is gaining importance owing to increasing incidences of malpositioned teeth, malocclusion, complete edentulism, and the need for dentures. Poor oral hygiene and regular intake of confectioneries are increasing the necessity of orthodontics clinical care, as a result of which, the global orthodontics market breached $4.05 billion in 2018. Moreover, the upsurge in the cosmetic dentistry industry constantly boosts orthodontics market opportunities which is evaluated to grow at a CAGR of 8.05% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
Increasing number of surgeries and treatments to remove physical deformities are leading causative factors promoting orofacial orthopedics which includes orthodontics and oral maxillo-facial surgeons. The growing demand for orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics in overseas nations has generated huge lucrative revenues in the past few decades. North America is dominating the global orthodontics market owing to advanced technological innovations, rising awareness about the aesthetic value of smiling, increasing per capita income, and colossal investment by the government for spreading awareness on the importance of oral hygiene. These factors consequently generated mounting demand, which caused North America to lead the global orthodontics market with 35.53% regional share in the year 2018. Underbite and overbite due to crooked teeth is one of the most common facial distortions among people, leading to increasing adoption of dental braces such as metals, invisalign, lingual, and retainers. The brackets segment is projected to increase at a CAGR of 7.83% through to 2025.
· Increasing demand for oral care from the geriatric and pediatric population are leading drivers for the orthodontics market, owing to a high rate of dental disorder occurrence.
· Oral care measures to resolve issues like dentures and teeth loss due to increasing consumption of confectionary items, and stains on teeth owing to beverages including tea and coffee, propel the overall revenue of the global orthodontics market.
· Hike in the number of dental clinics and orthodontists, and an increase in the number of private and public awareness programs regarding oral care management and treatment, has caused the orthodontics market demand to gain enormous traction.
· With significant developments in the modern orthodontics segment such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) induced tele-dentistry and 3D iTero scanners, orthodontists are now achieving better solutions through these efficient devices which require less time to operate and perform.
· A new dental bracket adhesive was introduced by researchers of Queen Mary University, London which acts as a shield for tooth surfaces and prevents decay and spots around the braces.
· PROPEL therapy system is a revolutionary breakthrough in the orthodontic brackets installation segment, which enhances the procedure for teeth alignment by targeting and stimulating the alveolar bone, and thereby speeding the teeth shifting process.
Albeit the facial and dental improvement, orthodontics treatment causes side effects such as root resorption, toothache, uneven teeth coloration due to braces, periodontal disease, sensitivity, and others. Substantial developments in the orthodontics market including sustainable technological innovations such as dental protectors and short tenure treatments by market leaders and private and public medical agencies will effectively reduce market restraints and generate notable profit in the upcoming years.
The leading companies in the orthodontics market include G&H Orthodontics Inc., Inc, Stratasys, Ltd., 3M Unitek Corporation, Dental Morelli Ltda, Rocky Mountain Orthodontics Inc., Biomers PTE Ltd, 3Shape, A-Dec, Great Lakes Orthodontics, Ltd., DB Orthodontics, and others.
G&H Orthodontics Inc. is a leading orthodontics clinical solutions company which manufactures and delivers various dental products such as brackets, elastomerics, wires, tubes, and many others. Braces with designer ties is a specialty product of this company which comes in various designs and colors as per the patient’s requirement.
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the orthodontics market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of orthodontics in orthodontics market, and their specific applications in different areas.
Global orthodontics market is segmented on the basis of equipment and consumables. Based on equipment categorization includes light cure, scaling unit, dental lasers, CAD/CAM systems, dental radiology equipment, intraoral scanners, dental chairs, hand pieces, 3D printers, and others. By consumables bifurcation includes brackets, arch wires, anchorage, ligatures, and so on.
The orthodontics market also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia