Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene’s industry is affected by its economy and policies, so it is important to focus on economic indexes. With the global recovery in economy, more number of peoples are now paying attention towards environment standards, especially on those region which are still developing and also have large population and fast economic growth. The global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2018-2023.
What is UHMWP?
Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene is a part of thermoplastic polyethylene. It has a long chain bonding of about millions of atomic mass unit. Which results as very tough material with its best characteristics of high impact strength, low coefficient of friction, high abrasion resistance and high chemical resistance, one of the best characteristics is that it remains tough even in low temperatures. It is odorless, tasteless and non-toxic type of materials.
What are the applications of UHMWP?
Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene are used in many sectors and industries like, Machined parts, Pulp and paper industry, Food and beverage industry, Porous parts and filters, Waste water treatment, Chemical industry, Sport and Leisure, Textile industry, Automotive industry, Coal and mining industry, Medical devices, Conveyor systems, Marines.
Market research and Market Trend of UHMWP
Optimization of the new bonded UHMWPE technology is improving performance and reducing the cost of boats and marines. They are using it as a bumper material to reduce abrasion damage.
UHMWPE material is now widely used in healthcare sector. Due to high number of knee replacement surgeries is boosting the demand of UHMWP. The increasing old age population is expected to drive the market.
UHMWPE material is also getting used in the manufacture of hydraulic seals and bearings, due to good abrasion resistance they are used in medium mechanical duties in water, oil hydraulics, pneumatics and unlubricated applications.
Who are the major players in UHMWP market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Asahi Kasei (Japan), Calanese Corporation (U.S.), Honeywell International (U.S.), Lyondell Basell Industries (Netherlands), Mitsui Chemicals (Japan), Royal DSM (Netherlands) and 10 others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
1. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – By Grade (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.2. NA Grade
8.3.3. Antistatic Grade
9. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – By Forms (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Round bar
10. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – Materials (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.9. HDPE (High density polyethylene)
10.10. Steel SAE 1020
11. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene – End user industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
11.3.1. Textile industry
11.3.2. Food & beverage industry
11.3.4. Pulp and paper
18.104.22.168. Doctor blades
22.214.171.124. Stripping elements
126.96.36.199. Filter plates
11.3.5. Chemical, electroplating and ceramics
11.3.6. Sport and Leisure
188.8.131.52. Ice skating
184.108.40.206. Bowling alleys
11.3.8. Coal and mining
12. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
12.3. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
12.5. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
12.7. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
13. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. Asahi Kasei (Japan)
16.3. Calanese Corporation (U.S.)
16.4. Honeywell International (U.S.)
16.5. Lyondell Basell Industries (Netherlands)
16.6. Mitsui Chemicals (Japan)
16.7. Royal DSM (Netherlands)
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and More
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market -Appendix
18. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethelene Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends