The global Antivirus market is expected to grow at CAGR of 20% from 2018-2023. The major driving force of this market is collaboration among Antivirus provider and technology manufacturer such as mobile, computer etc. Most of consumers are very dependent on internet for banking and e-commerce transaction. These transactions are very vulnerable to cyber-attacks, so consumers are compelled to use this antivirus to protect from any fraud. The recent Increase in use of internet services, gave rise to popularity of cloud based antivirus.
What is Antivirus?
Antivirus is a type of program developed to protect PC/laptop or mobile/tablet from attack of malware such as viruses, worms, rootkits etc. They may steal important the important data or slow down the system. The antivirus checks the properties of each file to make sure that it is not part of malicious file. There are various types of antivirus available in market. Most of antivirus has two –three types of scanning method such as full scan, custom scan and quick scan. It is very important to install antivirus before connecting system with internet. It is very important to keep updating antivirus software as hackers are always coming up with new infections.
What are the applications of Antivirus?
Antivirus is considered very essential software for PC/Laptop users while connecting it with internet to access online content and download files. The primary function of antivirus is detect and remove viruses from computer. It is done by scanning the files present in system and comparing it with virus signatures database. All antivirus doesn’t offer similar functions, some have features more than just virus detection. Antivirus is also used for system analysis, Malware removal, file quarantine, thread identification, online security and data protection. Malware removal is another important function of antivirus, it is detection and removal of harmful programs that may be installed in computer. The ability to treat file without deleting them is feature of most of antivirus.
Market Research and Market Trends of Antivirus:
- With increase in hacking, data breach and data steal, key players of antivirus market are investing heavy in creation of improved software. The security has become the major concern in every sector. Everyone is looking for safe and protected antivirus solutions for their business. This has led to tremendous growth in antivirus industry.
- The antivirus market has also developed in last few years with increase in demand of smartphone and tablet. As most of consumers are using mobiles or tablets for financial transaction. With increase in harmful attack, consumers are also installing antivirus software for complete security and data protection in their mobile or tablet.
- According to McAfee research, 80% of parents are concerned about who their children are talking online and 34% have discovered that their children are visiting an inappropriate website. In order to provide solution where parents can manage their children’s activity McAfee collaborated with LG to deliver enhanced parental control in LG smartphones. The key feature of smartphone will be location tracking and blocking apps/URLs which are inappropriate for them.
Who are the Major Players in Antivirus Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Nortan and10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Antivirus Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Antivirus Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Antivirus Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Antivirus Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Antivirus Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Antivirus Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Antivirus Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Antivirus Market – By Deployment (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. In Premises
8.3.2. On Cloud
9. Antivirus Market – By Source (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Unpaid and open source software
9.2. Paid Software
10. Antivirus Market – By Installation Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. On Access
10.2. On Demand
11. Antivirus Market – By Type of Market (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12. Antivirus Market – By Platform (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13. Antivirus Market – By Functions (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.1. Virus Detection
13.2. System Analysis
13.3. Malware Removal
13.4. File Quarantine
13.5. Online Security
13.6. Threat Identification
13.7. Data Protection
14. Antivirus – By End User(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
14.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
14.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
14.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
15. Antivirus - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
15.1. Antivirus Market - North America Segment Research
15.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
15.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
15.2.2. Revenue and Trends
15.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
15.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
15.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
15.3. Antivirus - South America Segment Research
15.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
15.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
15.4.2. Revenue and Trends
15.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
15.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
15.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
15.5. Antivirus - Europe Segment Research
15.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
15.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
15.6.2. Revenue and Trends
15.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
15.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
15.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
15.7. Antivirus – APAC Segment Research
15.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
15.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
15.8.2. Revenue and Trends
15.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
15.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
15.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
16. Antivirus Market - Entropy
16.1. New product launches
16.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
17. Antivirus Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
17.1. Market Share Analysis
17.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
17.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
17.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
17.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
17.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
17.1.6. Best Practises for companies
18. Antivirus Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
19. Antivirus Market Company Analysis
19.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
19.4. Nortan By Symantec
19.8. Panda Security
19.11. eScan Internet security
19.12. Company 11
19.13. Company 12
19.14. Company 13 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
20. Antivirus Market -Appendix
21. Antivirus Market -Methodology Premium
21.1. Research Methodology
21.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
21.1.2. Industry Databases
21.1.4. Company News
21.1.5. Company Annual Reports
21.1.6. Application Trends
21.1.7. New Products and Product database
21.1.8. Company Transcripts
21.1.9. R&D Trends
21.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
21.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends