The global Mushroom Protein Market is estimated to surpass $1.02 billion by 2023 growing at an estimated CAGR of more than 6.92% during 2018 to 2023, majorly driven by the medicinal properties of mushroom protein. Further the growing emphasis towards diagnostics and treatment of deadly diseases such as cancer, AIDS and others is also set to propel the market growth in the future
What is Mushroom Protein?
Mushroom Proteins are considered as a natural source of antibacterial agents, they are helpful in reducing stress, boosting energy, to increase mental stamina. Mushroom Protein offers intermediate nutritional quality between meat and vegetable proteins with the presence of amino acids. Proteins obtained from edible mushrooms are used for the prevention of deadly diseases such as cancer, AIDS, cardiovascular and allergic diseases, thus these proteins act as therapeutic agents for treating these diseases. The scientific community is getting more inclined towards this global market owing to the efficiency of mushroom proteins as they help in treating human health problems.
Mushroom protein powders are widely used as they are easily digestible in line with maintaining lean muscle mass, which in turn boosts the growth of the mushroom protein market. Mushroom protein avails new opportunities to protein supplements, as they act as blood purifiers, appetizers, offers healthier skin, thus these factors are propelling the growth of mushroom protein market.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of mushroom protein market by source, type of proteins, application, and geography. The major types of mushrooms included in the scope are oyster mushrooms, morel mushrooms, white mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, and so on. Various type of proteins are provided by mushrooms such as lectins, fungal immunomodulatory proteins (fip), ribosome inactivating proteins (rip), ribonucleases and others
What are the major applications for Mushroom Protein?
The various applications include medicinal applications, food applications, body care applications and others. Mushroom protein is used in powder supplements, in juices, and several other forms. Mushroom protein is providing a healthy food and it is also offering various medicinal properties thus mushroom protein market is experiencing a high growth rate owing to its advantages. A broad range of medicinal applications are currently being explored which include extracts, tablets, capsules and many others. As per recent estimates, the global spending on R&D of mushroom protein and the capital expenditure of major companies in the pursuit of mushroom protein in body care applications have also increased significantly since the last decade
Market Research and Market Trends of Mushroom Protein Ecosystem
- Ribosome-inactivating proteins, proteases, antifungal proteins are the major type of proteins which are enhancing the nutritional and medical applications of mushroom proteins. Thus these proteins occupy major share as compared to other types of proteins
- Rising influence of mushrooms into foods is resembled with the innovation of MycoTechnology’s new vegan mushroom protein known as Pure Taste which has raised $35 million in funding
- The Range of digestibility provided by the mushroom proteins is from 70% to 83%. The Protein content of mushrooms depends on various factors such as harvest time, species of mushrooms, size of pileus and other factors
- Organizations such as Food and Agricultural Organization (F.A.O.) has recommended mushroom foods to solve the problem of protein malnutrition in under-developed countries
- Increasing demand for mushroom protein is owing to the growing medical values of mushroom proteins as it is used to cure many deadly diseases such as cancer, liver diseases, skin diseases and several others
- As per IndustryARC recent analysis, the mushroom protein market is forecast to surpass $1.02 billion by 2023 majorly driven by nutritional and medical applications.
Who are the Major Players in Mushroom Proteinmarket?
The companies referred to in the market research report includesMycoTechnology, Inc. (U.S.), Naturex France Avignon (France), GLG Life Technology Corporation (Canada), Stevia First Corporation (U.S.) and Ajinomoto Co.,Inc. (Japan)
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Mushroom ProteinMarket Overview
2. Mushroom ProteinExecutive Summary
3. Mushroom Protein Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
4. Mushroom Protein Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints&Challenges
4.3. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.3.1. Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Power of Customers
4.3.3. Threat of New entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitution
4.3.5. Degree of Competition
5. Mushroom Protein Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
6. Mushroom Protein Market - By Source
6.2. Oyster Mushrooms
6.3. Morel Mushrooms
6.4. White Mushrooms
6.5. Enoki Mushrooms
6.6. Portabella Mushrooms
6.7. Brown Italian Mushrooms
7. Mushroom Protein Market - By Type of Protein
7.3. Fungal Immunomodulatory Proteins (FIP)
7.4. Ribosome Inactivating Proteins (RIP)
8. Mushroom Protein Market – ByApplication
8.1. Medicinal Applications
8.1.1. Extract Powder
8.1.3. Soft gels
8.2. Body Care Applications
8.2.1. Instant Drinks
8.3. Food Applications
9. Mushroom Protein Market - By Geography
9.1. North America
9.2.7. Rest of Europe
9.3.4. South Korea
9.3.5. Australia& New Zealand
9.3.6. Rest of APAC
9.4.1. South America
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
9.4.2. Middle East
126.96.36.199. Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52. Rest of Middle East
10. Mushroom Protein Market Entropy
11. Mushroom Protein Market Company Profiles
11.1. MycoTechnology Inc. (U.S.)
11.2. Naturex France Avignon (France)
11.3. GLG Life Technology Corporation (Canada)
11.4. Stevia First Corporation (U.S.)
11.5. Company 5
11.6. Company 6
11.7. Company 7
11.8. Company 8
11.9. Company 9
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights