U.S. Environmental Testing Market size was valued $1,456 million in 2019, estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.76% during 2020-2025. The adoption of rapid method for testing owing to the increasing use of analytical testing methods will significantly fuel the U.S environmental testing market. Additionally, the demand for customized testing and analytical testing such as liquid chromatography (LC), high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and spectrometry for testing samples of soil, water and so on are further driving the U.S Environmental Testing Market industry during the forecast period.
- The adoption of rapid testing methods has highly considered as the most suitable tool for environmental testing. Additionally, the growing change in the regulatory actions for testing environment by using technology has led to the growth of the US environmental testing market.
- The increasing need for the customized testing from regulatory bodies and companies has also resulted in the rapid rise of the market’s growth.
- The growing investment in the infrastructure development in the US has also raised the need for advanced analytical testing methods which has further driven the growth of the market.
- Lack of significant equipment and skilled workforce are the major factors which dampens the growth of the market. Moreover, high capital investment is also further considered as one of the major factors that will restrain the market’s growth.
Technology - Segment Analysis
Rapid Method segment held the largest market share in the U.S Environmental Testing market in 2019. The rising of potentially harmful contaminants in the atmosphere has raised the need for rapid and cost-effective analytical testing system for analyzing and monitoring. Also, the rising of regulatory actions for controlling environmental pollutants have been implemented which enhances the need for rapid testing methods. Furthermore, rapid testing methods are regarded as the most appropriate technology for providing environmental testing.
Drivers – U.S Environmental Testing Market
- Need for Customized Testing Services
The rising need for customized testing services and the demand from regulatory bodies for regular testing of samples and inspection of the waste in the environment has led to the rising growth of the environmental testing market. Also, the companies are demanding the need for specific testing methods for providing time-efficient result and productivity. Furthermore, analytical laboratories have identified the increasing need for customized testing services due to the client requirements. These key drivers are enhancing the growth of the U.S Environmental Testing Market.
- Rising Investment in Analytical Testing
The increasing investments for the implementation of rapid testing methods such as analytical testing has highly emerged in the recent times. Moreover, the majority of the testing methods implemented nowadays are integrated with advanced technologies such as liquid chromatography (LC), high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and spectrometry. These technologies are also known as analytical methods that are suitable for testing samples of soil, water and others. Thus, majority of the water treatment bodies are adopting and investing in analytical testing further driving the US environmental testing market.
Challenges – U.S Environmental Testing Market
- Lack of Technical Skill and Shortage of Equipment
The lack of efficient skilled workforce and expertise are majorly effecting the environmental testing in the US. Moreover, the shortage of equipment used of environmental testing are also hindering the market growth. As the testing procedures requires good manufacturing practices that ensures factors such as the cooperation between the manufacturing companies and government testing services. This services are most of the times not fulfilled due to the lack of expertise that hampers the usage of environmental testing equipment.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the U.S. Environmental Testing market. In 2019, the U.S. Environmental Testing Market top 10 companies such as – SGS North America Inc., Eurofins USA, Intertek PLC, Agilent Technologies Inc., Environmental Testing Inc., Bureau Veritas North America, Microbac Laboratories, Romer Labs Inc. and Suburban Testing Labs
- In 2018, Eurofins Scientific, major leader in bio analytical testing announced the agreement signed with the JSTI Group (Shenzen Stock Exchange Stock Code 300284) for the acquisition of TestAmerica Environmental Services LLC (“TestAmerica”). This acquisition will help Eurofins to enhance its further service offering to the market, and has also led to the deployment of R&D and take up rare testing at sites to improve efficineces.
1. U.S. Environmental Testing Market Overview
2. U.S. Environmental Testing Market Executive Summary
3. U.S. Environmental Testing Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Product/Company Benchmarking
3.3. Financial Analysis
4. U.S. Environmental Testing Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints/Challenges
4.3. Opportunities Analysis
4.4. Value Chain Analysis
4.5. Pricing Analysis
5. U.S. Environmental Testing Market – By Sample
5.3.1. Ground Water
5.3.2. Surface Water
5.3.3. Pool Water
5.4. Wastewater/Effluent Water
5.4.1. Waste Water
5.4.2. Effluent Water
5.4.3. STP Water
6. U.S. Environmental Testing Market - By Contaminant
6.4. Organic Compounds
6.5. Microbiological Contaminants
6.6. Heavy Metal
7. U.S. Environmental Testing Market – By Technology
7.2. Rapid Method
7.3. Conventional Method
8. U.S. Environmental Testing Market – By Service
8.2. Air Testing
8.2.1. Emission Testing
8.2.2. Indoor Air Analysis
8.2.3. Workzone Air
8.2.4. Soil Gas
8.2.5. Industrial Hygiene
8.2.6. Carbon Monoxide
8.3. Water Testing
8.3.1. Organic & Inorganic Contaminants
8.3.4. Antibiotics Analysis
8.4. Soil Testing
8.4.1. Compost Testing
8.4.2. Cations & Anions Analysis
8.4.3. Pesticide Analysis
8.5. Wastewater Testing
8.5.1. VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
8.5.2. SVOCs (Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds)
8.5.3. E. coli
8.5.4. Phenoxy Acid Herbicides
9. U.S. Environmental Testing Market – By Application
10. U.S. Environmental Testing Market Entropy
11. U.S. Environmental Testing Market Company Profiles
11.1. SGS North America Inc
11.2. Eurofins USA
11.3. Intertek Plc
11.4. Agilent Technologies Inc
11.5. Environmental Testing, Inc
11.6. Bureau Veritas North America
11.7. ALS Life Sciences
11.8. Microbac Laboratories
11.9. Romer Labs Inc.
11.10. Suburban Testing Labs
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"