China Pico projectors market is expected to reach $540 million by 2025 estimated to grow at a CAGR of 21.8% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Rise in demand for consumer electronics, advancements in technology related to Pico projectors such as, Laser Pico projectors, USB Pico Projectors, handheld projectors and so on are driving the China Pico projectors market size. In addition to this Pico projectors can be embedded into small hand-held devices, such as tablets, cameras, personal digital assistants, laptops, and smartphones which is also driving the Pico projector market size in the forecast period. Moreover advantages of producing naked-eye 3D motion pictures with high resolution, where a user can watch movies and games in a glass-free device and rapid advancements in display technologies, such as 4K and 8K display panels as well as rising adoption of digital Micromirror devices, have also boosted the growth of the China Pico projectors industry in the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Non-Embedded segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 23.5% during the forecast period owing to rising demand across several application areas including aerospace & defence, automotive, business & education, consumer electronics, and healthcare.
- There is set to be increased adoption of DLP technology owing to its advantages of projecting up to 35 trillion colours with a three chip architecture.
- Pico projector in China for Education sector is growing at a CAGR of 27.5% in the forecast period owing to adoption of these projectors in the educational institutions and growing trend of interactive learning classes is driving the market in this region.
- China Pico Projector top 10 companies include Texas Instruments, Inc., MicroVision, Inc, Aaxa Technologies, Inc., LG Electronics, Inc., Lenovo Group Ltd., Optoma Technology Corp., Syndiant, ZTE Corporation, Celluon, Inc., Acer Inc., among others.
By Type- Segment Analysis
Non-Embedded segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 23.5% during the forecast period. Owing to rising demand across several application areas including aerospace & defense, automotive, business & education, consumer electronics, and healthcare. This type of Pico Projectors stream a video on big screen without the use of any cable attached. In addition to this Non-embedded segment has witnessed several product launches the past few years. For instance Lenovo Group Ltd. In China had launched the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro with a pico projector of 50 Lumen, which is able to project a 60 inch picture diagonally. Similarly several other companies has launched and are planning to launch Pico projectors due to the advantages in specifications such as HD picture quality, high brightness output, multiple connectivity alternatives, and sufficient battery life. Hence these advantages are analyzed to drive the market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Applications - Segment Analysis
Pico projector in China for Education sector is growing at a CAGR of 27.5% in the forecast period. Adoption of interactive projectors in the educational institutions and growing trend of interactive learning classes is driving the market in this region. Additionally, increased government funding and support from private organizations to improve the educational sector are augmenting the growth of these projectors in the forecast period. Similarly, pico projectors can be integrated into other smart devices like digital photo frames, digital cameras, laptops, portable media players, and portable devices which is also driving the marketin this sector. Moreover several companies have been launching pico projectors with with advanced features. For instance, Sony has launched a portable short-throw laser projector called Xperia Touch that turns any surface into an Android touchscreen and can be used for gaming, education, online video streaming and communication. Hence these benefits are analyzed to increase the demand for interactive teaching methods in educational sector as well as a number of other applications there by accelerating the market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – China Pico Projector Market
- Increased Adoption of Digital Light Processing (DLP) Technology to Drive the Market
Increased adoption of DLP technology owing to its advantages of projecting up to 35 trillion colours with a three chip architecture and effective use of a variety of light sources to display advanced projection is driving the market. In addition to this, the incorporation of new technologies into the various verticals such as automotive, education and so on is also enhancing the market. As a Pico DLP projector can produce high-quality images in vehicles, many automotive manufacturers are employing this projection systems in their vehicles for effective functioning of HUD systems and other applications. Moreover, advancements and investments related to autonomous car technology are set to accelerate the market for DLP projectors thereby enhancing the market for Pico projector in the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Growing Technological adoption and rising demand for smart devices.
The demand for the Pico projector market is growing owing to increasing the usage of Pico projectors in different areas. The introduction of new smartphones with virtual keyboards paired with penetration of BYOD offers several growth opportunities. In addition compatibility of Pico projector with 3G/4G and Wi-Fi technologies are also supporting the growth of this market. Moreover, the advancements in consumer electronics is driving the market for China Pico projector market. For instance, the implanting of Pico projector modules into other devices such as digital cameras, digital photo frames, portable media players, digital camcorders, laptops, mobile TV, and portable gaming devices is boosting the market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – China Pico Projector Market
- Low Brightness and technical concerns related to Pico Projectors
The low brightness of the projectors majorly hampers the growth of the market. Pico projector falls into the brightness range of 10-1,000 lumens, which requires the room to be dark enough so as to see the image clearly. To move beyond 10 lm and achieve the goal of improved image brightness at 20 lm, the Pico projector would require more power either calling for a larger battery or draining a standard battery more quickly, moreover, the larger battery would add cost, take up more space, and require additional thermal management. Hence these challenges hamper the market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Product launches, acquisitions, Partnerships and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the China Pico Projector market. In 2019, the market of Pico Projector has been fragmented with several companies vying for top share. China Pico Projector top 10 companies include Texas Instruments, Inc., MicroVision, Inc, Aaxa Technologies, Inc., LG Electronics, Inc., Lenovo Group Ltd., Optoma Technology Corp., Syndiant, ZTE Corporation, Celluon, Inc., Acer Inc., among others.
- In February 2019, AAXA technologies has launched a new portable projector, "P7 Mini" with removable 10,000mAh lithium-ion battery.
- In March 2017, Sony has launched a portable short-throw laser projector called Xperia Touch that turns any surface into an Android touchscreen and can be used for gaming, education, online video streaming and communication.
1. China Pico Projectors Market Overview
2. China Pico Projectors Market Executive Summary
3. China Pico Projectors Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. Patent Analysis
3.2.3. End user profiling
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. China Pico Projectors Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints/Challenges
4.3. Attractiveness of the China Pico Projectors Industry
4.3.1. Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitution
4.3.5. Degree of Competition
5. China Pico Projectors Market Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Opportunities Analysis
5.3. Product/Market Lifecycle Analysis
5.4. Pricing Analysis
6. China Pico Projectors Market - By Technology
6.2. Digital Light Processing (DLP)
6.3. Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS)
6.4. Laser Beam Steering (LBS)
6.5. Holographic Laser Projection
7. China Pico Projectors Market - By Type
8. China Pico Projectors Market - By Specifications
8.2. Native Resolution
8.2.2. Nhd (640 x 480)
8.2.3. HD (1280x720)
8.3.1. <=70 Lumen
8.3.2. >70 to <=150 Lumen
8.3.3. >150 to <=300 Lumen
8.3.4. >300 to <=500 Lumen
8.3.5. >500 to <=700 Lumen
8.3.6. >700 to <=800 Lumen
8.3.7. >800 Lumen
8.4. Lens Focus
9. China Pico Projectors Market - By Components
9.4. Light Source
10. China Pico Projectors Market - By Application
10.2. Educational Institutions
11. China Pico Projectors Market Entropy
12. Company Profiles
12.1. Company 1
12.2. Company 2
12.3. Company 3
12.4. Company 4
12.5. Company 5
12.6. Company 6
12.7. Company 7
12.8. Company 8
12.9. Company 9
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights