Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market Overview
Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market size is forecast to reach $ 3.46 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.57% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Rising threat for illness owing to the short shelf life of food products such as red meat and processed meals along with the rising industry attributing to the foodborne diseases are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Increasing consumer awareness of food safety and stringent safety & quality regulations in food industry is set to further enhance the overall market demand of Europe food borne pathogens testing during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- U.K. dominated the Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market in 2019 owing to increasing food poisoning incidents. The Europe food borne pathogens testing market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Increase in food poisoning incidents and increasing consumer awareness of food safety is likely to aid in the market growth of Europe food borne pathogens testing market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market report.
- Decline in food prices of Europe food borne pathogens testing and the loss of food manufacturing industries along with the lack of stringent government rules and regulations is poised to create hurdles for the Europe food borne pathogens testing market.
Pathogen Type- Segment Analysis
The salmonella segment held the largest share in the Europe food borne pathogens testing market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.21% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The growth in this segment can be attributed to the rise in food prevalence of food infections resulting in the strict rules to maintain the safety of the food products. Salmonella is the principal cause of foodborne illness in Europe. Apart from this, viruses like campylobacter, listeria, vibrio, cronobacter and helicobacter among others are causing food prone diseases across the country in Europe. Out of which salmonella outbreak is the most prevalent among others. However, salmonella is estimated to be the fastest growing segment and is set to register a highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Food - Segment Analysis
Meat and poultry segment have dominated the Europe food borne pathogens testing market in 2019. The growth in meat and poultry segment is owing to the high prevalence of contamination of meat and poultry and owing to the food safety regulations for testing food in various stages of food supply chain. However, dairy segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment and is set to register a highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Country - Segment Analysis
U.K. dominated the Europe food borne pathogens testing market in 2019.This is owing to the growing number of outbreaks of food poisoning along with the public awareness of food safety. The growth rate in the food and beverage industry with the growing population has driven the market demand of Europe food borne pathogens testing in the U.K. The use of advanced pathogen kits in the food industry and strict government regulations has also driven the growth of the market in U.K. It is also owing to the rising demand of convenience and packaged food products and increased incidences of outbreaks of chemical contamination in food processing and manufacturing industry. The country produced a record 33.5 billion pounds of poultry in 2018, which suggest a 25% increase in annual production of the European Union in last 10 years. A large amount of the meat extracted from broiler chicken, turkey, ducks, geese, and others carry deadly viruses such as salmonella, clostridium perfringens, Norovirus, Toxoplasma gondii, and others that affect the EU population creating a need for food borne pathogens testing. Therefore, to keep death rates from these diseases in check, foodborne pathogens testing is inevitable, thereby increasing the Europe foodborne pathogens testing market growth.
Drivers – Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market
- Increasing incidents of food poisoning
There is an increased rate of incidents of food poisoning among the population which is owing to the food borne illness. Various types of disease causing microbes or pathogens can contaminate food and it leads to different foodborne infections which ultimately causes food poisoning. In order to prevent such incidents food Borne pathogens testing is important. Health issues related to the food borne pathogen can prove fatal for the consumer. It is used in order to provide better quality food products among consumers and hence the Europe food borne pathogen testing market is increasing .Food products such as red meat, processed meals and others are raising the threat for illness giving rise to pathogen detection.
- Rising consumer awareness regarding food safety
Consumer awareness regarding the food safety is directly proportional to the increased food poisons incidents. Botulism poisoning is a serious paralytic issue which is caused by canned and vacuum packed foods which leads to human death and so the Europe food borne pathogens testing can help the affected to get the diagnosed at the earliest. Better consumer cognizance and globalization of the food business is also driving the growth of the Europe food borne pathogens testing market. The key factor responsible for the rapid growth of the Europe food borne pathogens testing market is the variety of food purchasing and consumption now available to the urban consumers.
Challenges – Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market
- Loss of food manufacturing industries
Some of the factors that is set to hamper the growth of the Europe food borne pathogens testing market are lost of food manufacturing industries, lack of knowledge and awareness about food safety regulations.
Europe Food Borne Testing Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Europe food borne testing market. In 2019, Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market share is consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Europe food borne testing top 10 companies are Bureau Veritas S. A., SGS S.A., Intertek Group PLC, Genetic ID NA Inc, Microbac Laboratories, Inc., ALS Limited, ifp Institut für Produktqualität GmbH, Silliker, Inc. and Eurofins Scientific among others.
- In August 2019, Bureau Veritas S. A acquires Q certificazioni and enters the organic food certification market in Italy.
- In July 2019, Eurofins Scientific acquires Lab Solution and also Transplant Genomics Inc.
1. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market Overview
2. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market Executive Summary
3. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.2.4. Patent Analysis
4. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints & Challenges
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Degree of Competition
5. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
6. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market – By Pathogen Type
6.8. Other Pathogens
7. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market – By Technology
7.2. Traditional Technology
7.3. Rapid Technology
7.3.1. Modified and Automated Conventional Methods
7.3.2. Nucleic Acid-Based
188.8.131.52. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
184.108.40.206.1. Simple PCR
220.127.116.11.2. Multiplex PCR (mPCR)
18.104.22.168.3. Real-Time or Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
22.214.171.124. DNA hybridization
126.96.36.199. DNA micro assay (Gene chip technology)
188.8.131.52. Optical Biosensors
184.108.40.206. Electrochemical Biosensors
220.127.116.11. Mass-Based Biosensors
18.104.22.168. Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (Elisa)
22.214.171.124. Lateral Flow Immunoassay
8. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market – By Food
8.2. Meat & Poultry
8.4. Prepared and Processed Food
8.5. Fruits & Vegetables
8.6. Cereals & Grains
9. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market – By Country
9.10. Rest of Europe
10. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing– Market Entropy
11. Europe Food Borne Pathogens Testing Market Company Profiles
11.1. Company 1
11.2. Company 2
11.3. Company 3
11.4. Company 4
11.5. Company 5
11.6. Company 6
11.7. Company 7
11.8. Company 8
11.9. Company 9
11.10. Company 10
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights