HF Radio Market Overview:
High costs associated with the R&D and deployment of a satellite in the space is anticipated to increase the demand for the HF radio system which is cost efficient and more reliable compared to satellite communication. This increase in deployment of HF radios especially in military end-user applications is anticipated to drive the HF radio market growth. The global HF Radio Market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.34% during the forecast period i.e. 2019-2025. APAC is the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 5.85% between2018 and 2024, which is mainly attributed to the growing number of contracts between the manufacturers and the government of various countries for the supply of HF radios. Countries such as Afghanistan, Australia, and others have immense demand for HF Radio.
HF Radio Market Outlook:
Unlike VHF and UHF, HF is capable of facilitating beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) communications. This is primarily responsible for the usage of HF radio as the backup by various end users such as marine & fishing, aviation, military, government, law enforcement, amateur radio, industrial, and others. Industrial end users comprise of oil & gas, mining, and others. According to Industry ARC, a military segment will hold the largest market share during the forecast period. HF radio system includes various components such as Transceiver, Antenna, Antenna Masts, Modem, and others.
HF Radio market report comprises of pricing analysis for different configurations of HF radio system. The average price of base station HF radio is highest among the other types.
HF Radio Market Growth Drivers: In sectors such as military and defense, there is a high need of uninterruptable and large coverage modes of communication for the exchange of extremely confidential and noteworthy data, for which HF Radios are a perfect fit, hence up surging the demand for HF radio systems. Moreover, HF radios are cost effective and easy to deploy than satellite communications. Recent technological advancements in HF systems that make them apt and reliable for harsh conditions are further anticipated to drive the market growth.
HF Radio Market Challenges: A major challenge to the HF radio systems is to increase the amount of information that can be sent through these systems. Additionally, a recent increase in deployment of optical transmission and other alternatives in various sectors poses a threat to the demand of HF systems, which in turn will affect the growth of the HF Radio market.
HF Radio Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and helps them to understand the future of the HF Radio market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the different components and configurations of HF Radio market, and their specific applications
HF Radio Market Report: Industry Coverage
Components of HF Radio: Transceiver, Antenna, Antenna Masts, Modem
Configuration of HF Radio: Vehicular, Man-pack, Base Station
Usage of HF Radio: Marine & Fishing, Aviation, Military, Government, Law Enforcement, Others
Factory Automation Applications of HF Radio: Industrial Robot, Material Handling (Logistics) and Food & Beverage Machinery
The HF Radio market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Russia
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives
- Middle East and Africa: Israel
HF Radio Market Key Players Perspective:
One of the key players in HF Radio Market, Barrett Communications recently supplied HF radio communications equipment for surveillance boats which operate in the remote and environmentally challenging Aysen region of South Chile through its authorized dealer Skytel Telecommunicaciones.
Mr Jose San Martin from Skytel Telecommunicaciones commented “We have designed and installed a complete HF mobile station on the surveillance boats, and the crew can maintain communications over the HF network throughout Chile. Everything was installed without interfering with the factory installed equipment and the project was previously approved by the boat’s manufacturer to keep the factory warranty.”
Some of the other key players mentioned in this report are Codan Communications, Harris Corporation, Icom Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., and Atlas Elektronik GmbH among others.
HF Radio Market Trends:
- In a recent deal between Codan Communications and Bangladesh Army, Codan has provided 200 Codan Patrol 2110M man-packs to Bangladesh Army which aims to modernize its portable communication systems. Following this deal, Bangladesh Army has also awarded Codan Communications with a multimillion dollar partnership in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Recently Icom Inc. has launched the MF/HF Marine Transceiver GM800 which has been designed to provide reliable communication solutions for harsh conditions. Thus, the increasing launch of HF radio system products is poised to exhibit positive growth to the HF Radio market
- Sunair Electronics, one among the major players in this market has been lately awarded with a sub-contract to supply ten T-5000B 5-kW High Power Transmitter systems for the NATO BRASS-SSSB Romania program for the Romanian Ministry of National Defense. As a result of an upsurge in the number of contracts and projects in HF Radio market will boom.
- Increasing number of partnerships are anticipated to drive the market growth. One such instance was, latest partnership of Codan Communications, one of major manufacturers of HF radio products and NVIS Communications for US, Mexico, and Caribbean regions aiming to expand their markets and product offering to fulfill their customers’ needs.
Key Questions Addressed in the HF Radio Market Report
1. Is the market for HF Radio growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of HF Radio system presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of HF radios in different countries?
7. Which are the major relevant product segments within HF radio systems?
8. Which type of HF radio will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
9. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
11. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
12. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
13. What are the recent innovations in the market?
14. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
15. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
16. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of HF Radio?
17. What is our Vision 2030 for HF Radio Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future global electric vehicle during the forecast 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The HF Radio Market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017/2018.
The HF Radio Market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The HF Radio market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The HF Radio market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The HF Radio market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The HF Radio market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The HF Radio market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
The HF Radio market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The HF Radio market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
1. HF Radio Market – Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. HF Radio Market - Executive Summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends By Company
2.2. Key Trends By Type of Application
2.3. Key Trends Segmented By Geography
3. HF Radio Market
3.1. Comparative Analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 Companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value Split by Top 10 Companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis – Top 10 Companies
4. HF Radio Market – Startup Companies Scenario
4.1. Top 10 Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. HF Radio Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3. Case Studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 Companies
6. HF Radio Market Forces
6.4. Porters Five Force Model
6.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining Power of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new Entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of Substitutes
7. HF Radio – Strategic Analysis
7.1. Value Chain Analysis
7.2. Opportunities Analysis
7.3. Product Life Cycle
7.4. Suppliers and Distributors Market Share
8. HF Radio Market – By Component (Market Size -$ Million/Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.3. Antenna Masts
9. HF Radio – By Configuration (Market Size -$ Million/Billion)
9.1. Segment Type Size and Market Share Analysis
9.2. Application Revenue and Trends By Type of Application
9.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
9.3.3. Base Station
184.108.40.206. Low Power Systems (<500 W)
220.127.116.11. High Power Systems (>=500 W)
10. HF Radio – By End Use Industry (Market Size -$ Million/Billion)
10.1. Segment Type Size and Market Share Analysis
10.2. Application Revenue and Trends By Type of Application
10.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
10.3.1. Marine & Fishing
10.3.5. Law Enforcement
10.3.6. Amateur Radio
10.3.7.1. Oil & Gas
11. HF Radio Market – By Geography (Market Size -$ Million/Billion)
11.1. HF Radio Market- Americas Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research
11.2.1. Segment Type Size and Market Type Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product Type and Application Market Size
11.3. South America Market Research
11.3.1. Segment Type Size and Market Type Analysis
11.3.2. Revenue and Trends
11.3.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
11.3.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.3.5. South America Product Type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
11.4. HF Radio Market- Europe Segment Research
11.5. Europe Market Research
11.5.1. Segment Type Size and Market Type Analysis
11.5.2. Revenue and Trends
11.5.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
11.5.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.5.5. Europe Product Type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
11.6. HF Radio Market- APAC Segment Research
11.7. APAC Market Research
11.7.1. Segment Type Size and Market Type Analysis
11.7.2. Revenue and Trends
11.7.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
11.7.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.7.5. APAC Product Type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
184.108.40.206. Sri Lanka
220.127.116.11. Rest of APAC
11.8. HF Radio Market- RoW Segment Research
11.9. RoW Market Research
11.9.1. Segment Type Size and Market Type Analysis
11.9.2. Revenue and Trends
11.9.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
11.9.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.9.5. RoW Product Type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Middle East
12. HF Radio Market - Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&A’s , Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
13. HF Radio Market – Industry /Segment Competition Landscape
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share By Country- Top Companies
13.1.2. Market Share By Region- Top 10 Companies
13.1.3. Market Share By type of Application- Top 10 Companies
13.1.4. Market Share By type of Product/Product Category - Top 10 Companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level - Top Companies
13.1.6. Best Practices for companies
14. HF Radio Market – Key Company List By Country
15. HF Radio Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. Alinco, Inc.
15.3. ASELSAN A.Ş
15.4. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH
15.5. Barrett Communications
15.6. Codan Communications
15.7. Datron World Communications, Inc
15.8. Harris Corporation
15.9. Icom Inc.
15.10. Leonardo S.p.A.
15.11. Motorola Solutions, Inc.
15.12. Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG
15.13. SGC Inc.
15.14. Sunair Electronics
15.15. Yaesu Musen Co., Ltd.
15.16. Company 14
15.17. Company 15 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. HF Radio Market - Appendix
17. HF Radio Market- Methodology
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product Database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key opinion Leader Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends