Asia and ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Overview:
Herbal Medicines are used as CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine). Most of the herbal medicines are used for general wellness, and gut and digestive health. These medicines are used in the developing countries to exclude higher priced western medicines. Products like Ashwagandha and Echinacea are one of the most commonly used products and they are used on a daily basis for maintaining good health. Herbal medicines consists of several ingredients which help in maintaining overall health. The Asia & ASEAN herbal medicine market size is estimated to reach $48.18 billion by 2023. India is the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 10.84% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Outlook:
On the basis of herbal medicine type, the market is segmented into Ginkgo Biloba, garlic, ginseng, Echinacea, and others. The price of herbal medicines is witnessing a gradual decrease owing to swift approvals according to a lot of government regulations in the ASEAN region and this enables newcomers to penetrate the market. For example Himalaya Wellness Pure Herbs Ashwagandha General Wellness - 60 Tablets is sold at INR 132 in India in 2018. However, Multi Herb formulas are very popular in traditional Japanese (Kampo) and traditional Chinese medicines. These multi herbs medicine usually comprises various herbs in a single dosage. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market report comprises of pricing analysis for various types of medicine.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Growth Drivers:
Rise in the consumption of herbal medicines for the treatment of illnesses across all age groups is one of the major driving factor behind the growth of Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market. Countries such as China and India have made substantial research investments in traditional herbal medicine in the recent years. For instance, the Govt. of India has established a board named the Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy to encourage production of herbal products. Huge investments are being made in R&D to look for promising herbal solutions for critical diseases.
People suffering from chronic diseases are increasingly turning to herbal remedies as alternatives to modern synthetic drugs. Herbal medicines are increasingly being used for treating illnesses across all age groups.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Challenges:
Herbal medicines are introduced into the market with limited or no mandatory safety evaluation. As herbal medicines are not subjected to stringent testing, the use of some herbs, such as comfrey and ephedra, could cause undesirable or adverse reactions which may be life-threatening or even result in death.
Lack of standardization of raw materials, processing methods, and the final products; and the limited existence of criteria for quality control, and dosage formulation are hindering the growth of the Asia & ASEAN herbal medicine market. The lack of quality standards in the industry may have serious ramifications. For instance, the use of certain uncertified herbal products could lead to hepatotoxicity or even death.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Asia & ASEAN herbal medicines market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the medicine types, product, form and source of Asia & ASEAN herbal medicines market.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Report: Industry Coverage
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Medicine Type: Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Ginseng, Echinacea, St John’s wort, Soy, Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica, Turmeric (Curcumin), Red yeast, Saw Palmetto, Specialty Herbs, Multi Herbs, and Others.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Product: Homeopathic Medicines, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Aromatherapy Medicines, Ayurveda Medicines, and Others.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Source: Plant Leaves, Fruits, Seeds, Roots and Bark, and Others.
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Form: Powder, Tablets & Capsules, Syrups, Ointments, and Oils.
The Asia & ASEAN herbal medicines market report also analyzes the major countries for the market. The countries covered in the study include:
- Asia & ASEAN: China, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar and Rest of Asia & ASEAN Countries
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the key players mentioned in this market research report include Guangzhou Pharma Co (China), ARKOPHARMA Laboratories, Company Limited. (France), Dabur (India), Nature's Bounty Co. (U.S.), Dr. Willmar Schwabe (Germany), TSUMURA & CO. (Japan), Bayer AG (Germany), Blackmores Limited (Australia), Hainan Haiyao Co., Ltd. (China), Weleda (Switzerland), Patanjali Ayurved Limited (India), Yunnan Baiyao Group (China), The Himalaya Drug Company (India) and Arizona Natural (U.S.).
Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Trends:
- The increasing demand for natural medicinal products, increased funding for herbal medicinal products from government, and multiple applications of herbal medicines have led to the growth of the Asia & ASEAN herbal medicines market.
- A variety of disease conditions are treated with herbal plants with multiple medicinal properties. In addition, a single plant may contain many chemical components such as phenols, glycosides, polysaccharides, alkaloids, resins, and terpenoids showing therapeutic activity in more than one medical condition and thus, driving the herbal medicines market.
Key Questions Addressed in the Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market Report
1. Is the market for Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of medicine presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of herbal medicine in different countries?
7. Which are the major relevant product segments within herbal medicine?
8. Which type of source will witness heavy adoption herbs of in the near future?
9. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
11. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market?
12. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
13. What are the recent innovations in the market?
14. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
15. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
16. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market?
17. What is our Vision 2030 for Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines during the forecast 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market share is thoroughly checked against all the data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
1. ASEAN and ASIA Herbal Medicines Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. ASEAN and ASIA Herbal Medicines Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product type
2.3 Key trends segmented by Country
3. ASEAN and ASIA Herbal Medicines Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
3.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
3.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
3.3 Case studies of successful ventures
3.4 Customer Analysis – Top Companies Investment
4. ASEAN and ASIA Herbal Medicines Market - Market Forces
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Constraints
4.3 Market Opportunities
4.4 Porters Five Force Model
4.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3 Threat of new entrants
4.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
5.Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Medicine Type (Market Size —$Million/$Billion)
5.1. Ginkgo Biloba
5.5. St John’s Wort
5.7. Aloe Vera
5.8. Centella Asiatica
5.9. Turmeric (Curcumin)
5.10. Red yeast
5.11. Saw palmetto
5.12. Specialty Herbs
5.13. Multi Herbs
6. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Product (Market Size —$Million/$Billion)
6.1. Homeopathic Medicines
6.1.1. Detoxification Medicines
6.1.2. Antipyretic Medicines
6.1.3. Digestant Medicines
6.1.4. Blood Circulation Medicines
6.2. Traditional Chinese Medicine
6.3. Aromatherapy Medicines
6.4. Ayurveda Medicines
7 Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Source (Market Size —$Million/$Billion)
7.1. Plant Leaves
7.4. Roots and Bark
8. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Form (Market Size —$Million/$Billion)
9. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Application (Market Size —$Million/$Billion)
9.1. Cardiovascular Health
9.2. General Wellness
9.3. Gut & Digestive Health
9.4. Cognitive Health
9.5. Personal Care
10. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Distribution Channels (Market Size —$Million/$Billion)
10.1. Hospital Pharmacies
10.2. Retail Pharmacies
10.3. E- Commerce
10.3.1. Key E-Commerce analysis - By Country
11. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market – By Countries
11.4. South Korea
11.14. Rest of Asia & ASEAN Countries
12. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market - Entropy
13. Asia & ASEAN Herbal Medicines Market - Company Analysis
13.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
13.2. Guangzhou Pharma Co (China)
13.3. ARKOPHARMA Laboratories
13.4. Company Limited. (France)
13.5. Dabur (India)
13.6. Nature's Bounty Co. (U.S.)
13.7. Dr. Willmar Schwabe (Germany)
13.8. TSUMURA & CO. (Japan)
13.9. Bayer AG (Germany)
13.10. Company 9
13.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials of the private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis.”