Confocal Sensor Market Overview
Confocal Sensor Market is forecast to reach $804.6 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2020 to 2025. Sensors are used in every electronic product in everyday life & with advancements in technology, the demand for instrumentation and automation has increased over the years and is expected to rise further with the highest possible demand in the future. The confocal sensor is used for distance and thickness measurement with high resolution and measuring rate. Various sensor models and controller interfaces open up flexible application areas, e.g. in the semiconductor industry, glass industry, medical engineering and plastics development. Because they project a very small spot onto the target, the sensors measure fine structures. Confocal chromatic measurement devices can be used to measure distances and the thickness of transparent materials. The emergence of innovation and smart manufacturing, increased policy initiatives towards medical research and high demand for confocal sensors in the glass manufacturing industry are key factors driving market growth. Increased demand for target detection in military applications, in drones and aircraft, are some of the other factors supporting this market development.
The report: “Confocal Sensor Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of Confocal Sensor Market.
By Resolution - Nano-level resolution, High resolution.
By Measurement - Color, Deflection, Diameter, Dimensions, Distance, Filling Level, Gap, Lifting height, Positioning, Others.
By Measuring Frequency - 6.5 kHZ, 0 – 10 kHZ, 0 – 25 kHZ, 0 – 70 kHZ, 0 – 80 kHZ, 0 – 4000 Hz, 100 – 5000HZ.
By Spot Size - Less than 10 Micron, 10-15 Micron, 15-20 Micron, Above 20 Micron.
By End-User - Semiconductor Industry, Glass Industry, Medical Engineering, Plastics Production, Automation, Automotive, Metal Production, Additive Manufacturing, Others.
By Geography - North America, South America, Europe, APAC, RoW.
- Rapid growth in demand for smartphones and other electronic products over the forecast period is a major factor driving the growth of the displacement confocal sensor segment along with the rising electronics industry.
- Increasing utilization of confocal sensors in the medical sector will help drive market development. Displacement sensors are used to determine a position, e.g. a movement of a patient couch. Growing demand for the measurement of dental samples and monitoring of tablet ingredients by color sensor drive the segment of the medical industry over the forecast period.
- APAC is expected to witness lucrative growth prospects over the next few years. Business growth in this area stems from the growing adoption of automation technologies to replace aging workforce and obsolete technology and growing policy initiatives to promote the manufacturing sector.
- Confocal sensors typically give 70 kHz a high measuring rate, and are also used for complex control tasks. This exposure control compensated changes in the reflectivity of the measuring surface much faster than conventional light source control. It is how the confocal sensors with high measurement rates and shifting surface have excellent measurement accuracy.
- Confocal Sensor is almost surface-independent and even accurate on glass and mirrored surfaces. It is incredibly small, and the spot size is constant. Confocal Sensor offers a passive measurement device with integrated light source, which has the fastest controller. Such confocal-sensor characters drive business growth.
By Measurement - Segment Analysis
During the forecast period the Distance segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of x%. Measuring distance, often also called displacement, defines how the distance between 2 points is measured. In the measuring technique this distance is determined by the distance of the sensor from the target. Therefore the measurement of distance can also be known as measurement of displacement, distance or location. Displacement measurements can be used in virtually all areas of use in the geometric measuring system. Displacement confocal sensors are used to estimate the number of journeys between the current location of the body and its reference point. These are used for measuring the dimensions to determine the thickness, height, and width of an object. There are numerous applications such as the identification of stacked circuit boards (PCBs), the positioning of electronic components on the PCB during production, and many others where confocal sensors are used for displacement. Rapid growth in demand for smartphones and other electronic products over the forecast period, the main factors driving the growth of the displacement segment are significantly rising industrial automation along with growing electronics industry. Growing demand in the automotive industry for non-contact sensing technology drive the displacement segment over the forecast period.
By End-User – Segment Analysis
During the forecast period the Medical segment is expected to grow at a CAGR x%. High standards apply in medical technology when it comes to consistency, repeatability and compliance with narrow tolerances. These also refer to medical devices and equipment building, plant automation, medical technology goods manufacturing, and pharmaceutical production and manufacturing. Growing use of confocal sensors in the medical sector would help to drive growth in the market. Displacement sensors are used to assess a location, e.g. a patient couch movement. Since positioning tasks usually only require medium precision, sensors with potentiometer outputs are suitable here. Rising demand for dental sample calculation and monitoring of tablet ingredients by color sensor drive the medical industry segment over the forecast period.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia Pacific is the highest contributor in the global confocal sensor market in terms of revenue. In the next few years APAC is expected to experience lucrative opportunities for growth. Business growth in this area is due to the growing adoption of automation technologies to replace aging workforce and obsolete technology, increasing government initiatives to promote the manufacturing sector, rapid technological advancements and rising FDI. Due to a user-friendly web interface, the entire configuration process is done without any external software being used. These characteristics help to drive market growth in that region.
Drivers – Confocal Sensor Market
- Characteristics Provided By Confocal Sensor
Growing demand from various business sectors is a key factor expected to drive growth in the global Confocal Sensor market over the forecast period due to various advantages offered by Confocal Sensor such as Distance and thickness measurement with high resolution and measuring rate. It is also ideal for automation and production control. Confocal Sensor is almost surface-independent and is also accurate for glass and mirrored surfaces. It is incredibly small and the size of a position constant. Confocal Sensor provides passive measuring device with integrated light source and has the fastest controller available. Such confocal sensor characters are driving market growth.
- Fast measuring rates for dynamic measurement tasks
The confocal sensors give a very high measuring rate with 70 kHz, and are used for complex control tasks. The controller dynamically controls the exposure of the CCD line in order to adjust the illumination to the respective surface. This exposure control compensates for changes in the measuring object's reflectivity much quicker than traditional control of light source. That is how the confocal sensors have excellent measurement accuracy with high measurement levels and changing surface. Fast measuring rates for dynamic measurement tasks and excellent measurement accuracy of confocal sensors drives the market growth.
Challenges – Confocal Sensor Market
- High sensitiveness to environmental factors
High sensitiveness to environmental factor is a major factor expected to hinder the growth of the global Confocal Sensor market. High sensitivity to environmental conditions influences its accuracy, as the accuracy of the sensors decreases in a highly noisy environment and proximity sensor accuracy decreases in a higher ambient.
Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in Confocal Sensor Market. Confocal Sensor Market is expected to be dominated by major companies such as OMRON, Schmitt Industries, Acuity Laser, Keyence, Micro-Epsilon, Werth Messtechnik, Precitec, LMI Technologies, Micro Optronic, AllianTech.
- In December 2018, KEYENCE launched CL-3000 series an ultra-compact coaxial confocal laser displacement sensor to address manufacturing challenges and provide simple sensor head installation and program settings.
- In April 2017, OMRON Corporation has launched the latest Confocal Fiber Displacement Sensor, a compact laser spot type ZX-5000. The ZX-5000 non-contact displacement sensor can perform high-precision distance, position and profile measurement of micro-components by integrating a sensor head which produces a laser spot size 1/5 that of a conventional model.
1. Confocal Sensor Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Confocal Sensor Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by type
2.3 Key trends segmented by geography
3. Confocal Sensor Market - Market Forces
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Constraints
3.3 Market Opportunities
3.4 Porters five force model
3.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
3.4.3 Threat of new entrants
3.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
4. Confocal Sensor Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Shares
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Confocal Sensor Market - Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top 10 companies
6. Confocal Sensor Market - By Resolution
6.1 Nano-level resolution
6.2 High resolution
7. Confocal Sensor Market - By Measurement
7.6 Filling Level
7.8 Lifting height
8. Confocal Sensor Market – By Measuring frequency
8.1 6.5 kHZ
8.2 0 – 10 kHZ
8.3 0 – 25 kHZ
8.4 0 – 70 kHZ
8.5 0 – 80 kHZ
8.6 0 – 4000 Hz
8.7 100 – 5000 HZ
9. Confocal Sensor Market - By Spot size
9.1 Less than 10 Micron
9.2 10-15 Micron
9.3 15-20 Micron
9.4 Above 20 Micron
10. Confocal Sensor Market - By Application
10.1 Coordinate Measuring Machine
10.2 Automatic Contour and Parts Measurement
10.3.1 Measuring Dental Sample
10.4 Quality Control Of Medical Tablet Stamps and Dies
10.5 Stainless Steel tubes for Catalyst Production
10.6 Measurement of rattling or inclined object or surface
10.6.1 Measuring the curvature of lenses
10.6.2 Gap monitoring of safety glass
10.6.3 Bottom thickness measurement of glass
10.7 Measurement of Coarse surfaces
10.7.1 Measurement of chip height
10.8 Assembly process
10.9 Reduce Production cycle times
11. Confocal Sensor – By End-User
11.1 Semiconductor Industry
11.2 Glass Industry
11.3 Medical Engineering
11.4 Plastics Production
11.7 Metal Production
11.8 Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing
12. Confocal Sensor Market – By Geography
12.1 North America
12.2 South America
12.4.6 South Korea
12.5.1 Middle East
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
13. Confocal Sensor Market – Entropy
14. Confocal Sensor Market Company Analysis
14.2 Schmitt Industries
14.3 Acuity Laser
14.6 Werth Messtechnik
14.8 LMI Technologies
14.9 Micro Optronic
*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"