Automotive Electronic Throttle Overview
The Global market for automotive electronic throttle is forecast to reach $134.65 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.84% from 2020 to 2025. The market growth is attributed to the benefits of the automotive electronic throttle including reduced weight, better control, better fuel economy, environment friendly, extra safety features and others. Moreover, technological advancements accompanied by integration of electronics equipment such as automatic high-beam control, backup cameras, GPS vehicle tracking, vehicle-to-vehicle communication, cars-as-a-service in automotive vertical for better customer experience is further enhancing the market growth.
The report: “Automotive electronic throttle Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the automotive electronic throttle market.
By Control components - Accelerator pedal module, Throttle valve, Powertrain or engine control module (PCM or ECM), Others.
By Sensor type - Resistive Sensor Type, Magnetic Sensor Type, Inductive Sensor Type, Others.
By Application - Commercial vehicles, Light commercial vehicle, Heavy commercial vehicle, Passenger vehicles, Off-highway vehicle, construction & mining equipment, Agriculture tractors, Forklifts, Others
By Geography - North America, South America, Europe, APAC, RoW.
- Environmental concerns and government stringent rules and regulations related to automobiles is provoking the automotive manufacturers for development of electric vehicles with advanced features thereby deploying electronic throttle and thus enhancing the market growth for automotive electronic throttle.
- Requirement of less maintenance accompanied with fewer moving parts makes the electronic throttle preferable over mechanical throttle and consequently enhance the market growth.
- APAC region is expected to dominate the global automotive electronic throttle market during the forecast period 2020-2025 due to the growing demand of passenger and commercial vehicles owing to increasing gross domestic product (GDP), per capita income, and purchasing power a customer thereby leveraging a positive impact on automotive electronic throttle market.
By Control Components type- Segment Analysis
Automotive electronic throttles is segmented into accelerator pedal module, throttle valve, powertrain or engine control module (PCM or ECM) and others on the basis of control components. Powertrain or engine control module (PCM or ECM) held the highest market share of automotive electronic throttle in 2019. Moreover, it is anticipated to witness the significant market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.The market growth is mainly attributed to the growing demand for automatic transmission across the globe due to its benefits including fuel efficiency, reduced carbon emission, and driving comfort. In May 2017, Pleasure craft Engine Group entered into a partnership with Stowe Technologies for the development of a dynamometer laboratory at Pleasure craft World Headquarters in South Carolina. The new dynamometer lab provides engineers a more developed platform for designing, developing, and validating new engines through latest technology for validation and testing of engine.
By Sensor type- Segment Analysis
Inductive sensor type segment held the highest market share for automotive electronic throttle market in 2019. Moreover, this segment is forecasted to mark the significant growth during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to its growing application in automotive and industrial machinery for non-contact detection of metal artefacts. Furthermore in comparison to other sensors inductive sensor are reliable, accurate, compact, has easy calibration, low temperature drift, good resolution, and others thereby boosting the market growth. In December 2019, AMS launched inductive Position Sensor AS5715 for high speed motors in order to have smaller and lighter motor structure which benefits the vehicles to have smoother operations.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America held the highest market share of the automotive electronic throttle market in 2019. This is due to the high demand for electric passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles in this region for reducing vehicle emissions thereby contributing towards the safeguard of the environment. Moreover automotive electronic throttle market in APAC is expected to grow at highest rate during the forecast period owing to the various factors such as growing industrialization and substantial investments in infrastructure that boosts the demand of passenger and commercial vehicles thereby enhancing the growth of automotive electronic throttle market. Furthermore, increasing adoption of vehicles driven by environmentally friendly fuel alternatives and increasing investment in research and development of vehicle electrification-related systems tends to foster the market growth. In January 2020, an investment of US $110 million was made by Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation in a partnership with Arrival limited for the development of electric commercial vehicles. Thus such investments and partnerships enhance the market growth. Additionally, strict government regulations on carbon emissions and initiatives for the usage of electrical systems would have a direct effect on business development in the years ahead.
Drivers – Automotive electronic throttle market
- Environment Concerns
Automotive electronic throttle is the innovation of automotive industry for adding benefits to the environment. With the automotive electronic throttle carbon emissions gets reduced thereby protecting the environment. In August 2019, 10 e-Cars were launched as a pilot project for use of Army officials in New Delhi to ensure economy, efficiency and minimal emissions.
- Safety features
Automotive electronic throttle operates in aggregation with several electronic vehicle safety systems. With the deployment of this technology, safety features such as blind spot warning, adaptive cruise control, electronic stability control and lane assist are made possible. These features were lacked by a mechanical throttle-controlled engine.
Challenges – Automotive electronic throttle market
Automotive electronic throttle is controlled electronically thus it is susceptible to hacking. Overriding the control system and turning it off is possible by anyone with a wireless or wired connection. Engine’s performance could be disrupted and can lead to diminishing of driving ability. This is the reason due to which mechanical throttle coupling is preferred by some people so that it couldn’t be hacked.
Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the automotive electronic throttle market. Automotive electronic throttle driver market is expected to be dominated by major companies such as Magneti Marelli S. p. A., Delphi Automotive PLC, Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Jenvey Dynamics Limited, Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd., Pacco Industrial Corporation and among others.
- In March 2020, Cummins Turbo Technologies (CTT) launched Exhaust Throttle Valve (ETV) for after treatment thermal management and exhaust braking. Moreover, with the help of ETV requirement of engine manufacturers for stringent emission is fulfilled.
- In February 2020, a 100V N-channel power MOSFET “XK1R9F10QB’’ was launched by Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (“Toshiba”) for automotive 48V equipment applications such as load switches, switching power supplies and driving of motors.
1. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market – Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - Executive summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by type of Application
2.3 Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market
3.1 Comparative analysis
3.2 Product Benchmarking - Top 5 companies
3.3 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.4 Market Value split by Top 5 companies
3.5 Patent Analysis - Top 5 companies
3.6 Pricing Analysis
4. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Top 5 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Share
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top 5 companies
6. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market Forces
6.4 Porters five force model
6.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3 Threat of new entrants
6.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Product life cycle
7.4 Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market- By Control components
8.1 Accelerator pedal module
8.2 Throttle valve
8.3 Powertrain or engine control module (PCM or ECM)
9. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market- By Sensor Type
9.1 Resistive Sensor Type
9.2 Magnetic Sensor Type
9.3 Inductive Sensor Type
10. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market- By Application Type
10.1 Commercial vehicles
10.1.1 Light commercial vehicle
10.1.2 Heavy commercial vehicle
10.2 Passenger vehicles
10.3 Off-highway vehicle
10.3.1 construction & mining equipment
10.3.2 Agriculture tractors
11. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - By Geography
11.1 North America Product type and Application Market Size
11.2 South America Product type and Application Market Size
11.2.3 Rest of South America
11.3 Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
11.3.7 Rest of Europe
11.4 APAC Segment - Product type and Application Market Size
11.4.4 South Korea
11.4.5 Rest of APAC
11.5 Middle East & Africa Market Research
12. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - Entropy
12.1 New product launches
12.2 M&A s, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region- Top 5 companies
13.1.3 Market Share by type of Application - Top 5 companies
13.1.4 Market Share at a global level - Top 5 companies
13.1.5 Best Practices for companies
14. Automotive Electronic Throttle Market - Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Automotive Electronic Throttle Company Analysis
15.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.3 Atlas Scientific Llc
15.4 Building Automation Products, Inc.
15.5 Dovelet Sensors
15.6 Emerson Electric Co.
15.7 ENViro Technology
15.9 GE Measurement & Control
15.11 Siemens Ag and among others