Medical Glasses & Shields Market Overview
Medical Glasses & Shields Market size is $1217m in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 4.71% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Medical glasses and shield are the medical equipment used by medical personnel for the prevention from germs, infection, bacteria and others. The medical glasses are built with polyester anti-fog film, plastic goggles and some glasses are designed to reveal bruises, rashes and internal injuries invisible to the naked eye that helps in the treatment procedure. Surgical Face Shields are personal protective equipment (PPE) made up of cellulose acetate provide top, side, and front face protection against splash and splatter of fluid-borne pathogens. It helps in the protection of eyes, nose, mouth and others from spurts and splashes of blood and other bodily fluids.
- The increase of the prevention safety among the individuals in the medical and healthcare industry is set to propel the growth of the market.
- The improved treatment efficiency while using these equipment and its application in isolation wards accounting to the recent COVID-19 outbreak is estimated to act as a key driver of the medical glass and shield market.
- North America region is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
By Application - Segment Analysis
In 2019, Isolation Ward segment dominated the Medical Glasses & Shields Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.88%. It is a separate ward used to isolate patients suffering from infectious diseases. It isolates patients who poses a risk of passing harmful infection on to others such as influenza, COVID-19, Ebola and others. It is built with negative pressure air extraction system to ensure good ventilation while preventing the inward flow of contaminated air.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the Europe region dominated Medical Glasses & Shields Market in terms of revenue with a market share of 44%. Growth in the market is attributed to the efficient healthcare structure and the rising cases of COVID-19 which has led to an increase in the number of isolation wards. These medical glasses and shield are used by medical personal working around the infected patients. As per claims of World Health Organization (WHO) the estimated statistics related to COVID-19 outbreak is 0.978 million, which would result in the growth of the market. North America is estimated to record the fasted growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Medical Glasses & Shield Market
- Improves Treatment Efficiency
The rising infectious diseases have created more opportunities for the market players. With the help of medical glasses and shield doctors are able to treat patients more precisely without getting affected with infection and focus on the particular infected areas only. It protects the eyes from spurts or splashes of blood while performing surgeries which has gained significant demand hike to the market’s growth.
Challenges – Medical Glasses & Shields Market
- Shortage of Production
The COVID-19 outbreak has been affecting the manufacturing process of medical glasses and medical shields. The virus outbreak has caused the shutdown of manufacturing processes owing to mandatory lockdown by Government authorities. It has been leading to the shortage of products in the market, affecting the growth of the market.
Medical Glasses & Shields industry outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Medical Glasses and Shields Market. Medical Glasses and Shields Market top 10 companies include McKesson Corporation, Prohero Group Corporation ltd, Essilor International S.A., Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Fielmann AG, Paulson & Co. Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell International Inc., Sabinsa Europe GmbH and The Cooper Companies, Inc.
- In November 2018, Honeywell International Inc, acquired Transnorm which is helped Honeywell in safety and productivity solutions.
- In June 2018, McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time.
1. Medical Glasses & Shields Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Medical Glasses & Shields Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Application
2.3 Key trends by Geography
3. Medical Glasses & Shields Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Medical Glasses & Shields Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Medical Glasses & Shields Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Medical Glasses & Shields Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Medical Glasses & Shields Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Medical Glasses & Shields Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Medical Glasses
8.2 Medical Shields
9. Medical Glasses Market – By Lens Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.3 Full Magnifying Lens
9.4 Upper and lower Bifocals
10. Medical Glasses Market – By Frame Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.3 Larger Fit
10.4 Foam Padded
11. Medical Shields Market – By Material Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Polycarbonate (PC)
11.2 Cellulose acetate (CA)
12. Medical Shields Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.2 Radiation Therapy
12.4 Isolation Wards
13. Medical Glasses & Shields Market - By Geography
13.1 North America
13.2.8 Rest of Europe
13.3.2 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 South Korea
13.3.7 Rest of APAC
13.4.2 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Medical Glasses & Shields Market - Entropy
15. Medical Glasses & Shields Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share By Region – Key Companies
15.1.3 Best Practices for Companies
16. Medical Glasses & Shields Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Medical Glasses & Shields Market Company Analysis (Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments)
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.