Antibody Testing Market Overview
Antibody Testing Market size is $1.17 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The increased incidence of autoimmune disorders, and rise in the adoption of antibody testing is driving the market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Antibody testing helps to diagnose an autoimmune disorder or rule out other conditions with similar signs and symptoms. Furthermore, the antinuclear antibodies (ANA) are a group of autoantibodies produced by an individual’s immune system when it fails to adequately distinguish between “self” and “non-self” components. The ANA test detects the antibodies in the blood. ANA reacts with components of the body’s healthy cells and causes symptoms such as tissue and organ inflammation, joint and muscle pain and fatigue. ANA specifically targets substances found in the nucleus of the cell, hence the also named “antinuclear antibodies”.
- ELISA technique accounts for largest market share in 2019 owing to its high sensitivity, specificity and compatibility with other methods. It is widely used to detect substances in the body such as the radioimmune assay (RIA) test, thereby propelling the Antibody Testing Market.
- Research facilities hospitals and clinical laboratories dominated the Antibody Testing Market owing to the convenience and numerous tests being conducted by them.
- In 2019, North America dominates the Antibody Testing Market owing to the increased health concern among the population here and availability of better health infrastructure.
- Increase in the prevalence of autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, Systemic lupus Erythematosus, Scleroderma and others is a major factor driving the Antibody Testing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Technique- Segment Analysis
By Technique, ELISA held the largest share in 2019 owing to its high sensitivity, specificity and also compatibility with other methods for detecting substances in the body such as radioimmune assay (RIA) test. Also, it possesses several advantages such as not needing radioisotopes (radioactive substances) or a costly radiation counter (a radiation-counting apparatus) thereby propelling the Antibody Testing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Ease of use and high efficiency of ELISA is a major factor driving this segment. Furthermore, an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is a test that detects and measures antibodies the blood. It can also be used to determine any antibodies related to any infectious condition as they are proteins that the body produces in response to harmful substances called antigens.
By End-User- Segment Analysis
In 2019, Hospitals and Clinical Laboratories dominated the Antibody Testing Market owing to ease of facilities for testing. Also, a sudden outbreak leading to Covid-19 further contributed to driving the Antibody Testing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Rise in incidence of infectious and communicable diseases has increased the number of tests being performed at hospitals and clinics. Thus rise in tests conducted annually has contributed to the market growth as well. However, research laboratories are forecast to have the fastest growth at a CAGR 9% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the rising number of diseases that can be tested using antibody tests. Thus, research laboratories are constantly developing various test type and research various technologies. Such innovation in research laboratories are set to grow this market in the coming years. In March 2020, owing to the dire shortage of tests for detecting coronavirus the Food and Drugs Administration authorized laboratories to develop their own diagnostics that were distributed by Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings and Hologic, Inc. Such support from government authorities is further set to drive the market growth.
Geography- Segment Analysis
By region, North America accounts for 33% of the Antibody Testing Market share in 2019. Increasing health concerns along with the growing demand for advanced tests and a better healthcare structure is a major factor boosting its market growth. In April 2020, BD medical company and BioMedomics a North California based clinical based company launched a rapid antibody test for the coronavirus, which can be used to detect if a person’s immune system has Covid-19 or has recovered from it.
Drivers –Antibody Testing Market
- Increasing of Autoimmune Disease
The increase of autoimmune disease is a major factor driving the antibody testing markets during the forecast period 2020-2025. An autoimmune disease is a condition in which the immune system attacks the body. Also, an increase in the prevalence of autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, Systemic lupus Erythematosus, Scleroderma and others is driving the Antibody Testing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Rise in Government Healthcare Protection
A rise in Government Healthcare Protection is a major factor contributing to the Antibody Testing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Furthermore, a sudden outbreak leading Covid-19 has led the government to take initiative measures for antibody testing. In March 2020, Indian Company MyLab and German firm Altona Diagnostics supplied Covid-19 test kits to both governments as well as private testing Laboratories in India. Also, the advantage of antibody testing is that the result can be made available within 30 minutes thereby propelling the Antibody Testing Market.
Challenges – Antibody Testing Market
- Dearth of Skilled Professional
Lack of skilled professionals is a major factor restraining the Antibody Testing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Constant growth in patient numbers and an increase in the number of tests being performed with upgraded technology has made it difficult to find skilled professionals who can handle these tests. The rising number of tests performed is not able to be met since there is a lack of personnel in the testing departments. In May 2019, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand of lab workers has grown 13% in the last year in the U.S. So, lack of skilled professional disrupts the smooth functioning of antibody testing and serves as a setback for its growth in the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Antibody Testing Market Industry Outlook
Product launches, collaborations, partnerships, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the antibody testing market. Antibody Testing Market top 10 companies are Abbott, Voxtur Bio, Invitrogen, Abcam, Biolegend, Research and Diagnostic System Inc., Novus Biologicals, Protein Technologies, Enzo Life Sciences Inc., and Abnova.
- In April 2020, Abbott launched its third test for Covid-19 antibody test which detects IgG antibody to help determine if someone is infected with the virus.
- In April 2020, Birmingham experts are working together on improving detection of SARS-COV 2 Antibodies-the best way of fighting the disease as the search for vaccine continues.
1. Antiviral Drug Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Antiviral Drug Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Disease Indication
2.3 Key trends by Drug Inhibitor
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Antiviral Drug Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking
3.2 Financial Analysis
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Antiviral Drug Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Antiviral Drug Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Antiviral Drug Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Antiviral Drug Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market/Product Life Cycle
8. Antiviral Drug Market – By Disease Indication (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
8.2 Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
9. Antiviral Drug Market – By Route of Administration (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.2 Powder Inhalation
9.3 Intravenous Route
10. Antiviral Drug Market – By Drug Inhibitor (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Adamantane Antivirals
10.2 Antiviral Boosters
10.3 Antiviral Combinations
10.4 Antiviral Interferons
10.5 Chemokine Receptor Antagonist
10.6 Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitor
10.7 Neuraminidase Inhibitors
10.9 NS5A Inhibitors
10.10 Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
10.11 Protease Inhibitors
10.12 Purine Nucleosides
10.13 Miscellaneous Antivirals
11. Antiviral Drug Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Hospital & Retail Pharmacies
11.2 Government Suppliers
12. Antiviral Drug Market - By Geography
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.5 South Korea
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Antiviral Drug Market - Entropy
14. Antiviral Drug Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share, by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Best Practices for Companies
15. Antiviral Drug Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Antiviral Drug Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2 Company 1
16.3 Company 2
16.4 Company 3
16.5 Company 4
16.6 Company 5
16.7 Company 6
16.8 Company 7
16.9 Company 8
16.10 Company 9
16.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.