Global 5G Transceiver Market is forecast to reach $340 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 28.5%%during the forecast period from 2020 to 2025. Rising IoT growth along with increasing demands from telecommunication sector are some of the major factors fuelling the growth of 5G transceiver market. Moreover, high growth of consumer electronics sector and increasing mobile phone users are also helping in propelling the market demand towards 5G transceivers.
The report: “5G Transceiver Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the 5G Transceiver Market.
By Design Type: Single chip design and Standalone chip design
By End Users:Telecom, Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace, Military and Defense & Others
By Application: Base Stations, Mobile phones, Radar systems and Others
By Geography:North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), South America (Brazil, Argentina and Others), Europe (U.K, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and Others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea and Others),RoW (Middle East and Africa)
- Standalone chip design is expected to have a major market share during the forecast period 2020-2025 in the 5G Transceiver market owing to its higher compatibility with wireless devices.
- APAC is expected to have a major share during the forecast period in the 5G transceiver market due to rising smart phone penetration along with high investments towards 5G base stations development.
- Increasing demands from Telecom sector along with rapid technological advancements are some of the major driving factors affecting the growth of 5G transceiver market.
Design Type - Segment Analysis
With growing demands towards 5G technology, the standalone chip is expected to have a major share during the forecast period in the 5G Transceiver market. Adoption of standalone chip designed transceivers has been growing due to its demanding applications across various industry verticals. Moreover, standalone chip based transceivers offer features such as low voltage along with lower power consumption, which makes it highly demanded across various applications. Rising growth of wireless devices in the market has been propelling huge demands for standalone design type 5G transceivers due to their higher compatability with wireless systems, thus raising its adoption across consumer electronics sector. Such features have been majorly impacting its deployment across 5G network infrastructure developments, thus booming its market demands.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia Pacific is expected to have a major growth in the global 5G transceiver market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2025.High investments towards research and development activities along with the rising growth of consumer electronics sector have been fuelling the growth for 5G Transceiver market in this region. Moreover, factors such as increasing smartphones user penetration and growing digitization have been also helping towards significant market growth for 5G transceivers. High spending towards 5G base stations infrastructure development majorly from Chinese mobile companies has been also impacting the market growth of 5G transceivers.
Drivers – 5G Transceiver Market
Rising technological growth
Rising technological growth has been acting as a major driver towards booming the market growth for 5G transceivers. Due to growing smart phone penetration, there are higher demands towards high performance and much faster network delivery, thus boosting the market growth of 5G transceivers. Rising digitization and mobile traffic have been also helping in propelling the market demands. Moreover, usage of 5G transceivers helps in increasing the market growth of electronic devices, causing higher consumer satisfaction. Technological growth such as IoT and many others are also helping the consumer electronics sector to provide customers with high data speeds, low latency and much more reliable communication network, thus promoting the growth for 5G transceivers market.
Growing telecom industry demands
The rising demand from telecommunication industry towards 5G transceivers has been acting as a major growth driver for causing significant market growth. With growing technological advancements towards 5G technologies, telecom sector has been causing high demands in the 5G transceiver market. Rising investments towards constructing advanced telecom base stations and exchanges using such transceivers is also propelling the market growth. Moreover, usage of 5G transceivers in industrial instruments such as radio systems, modems and many others for providing high performance and efficiency has been causing huge dominance in the market. As per sources from Chinese press, the Chinese government had announced that the Chinese mobile operators have been planning to deploy over 600,000 base stations by the end of 2020. Such growing developments towards 5G infrastructure from developed countries is also expected to boost the market growth for 5G Transceivers in near future.
Challenges – 5G Transceiver Market
Rising deployments of 5G transceivers have been growing prior to its high demands across various industry verticals. Designing of 5G transceiver architectures and interfaces has been acting as a major challenge, thus hampering the market growth. As the chip designers faces difficulty while designing such transceivers due to balancing of compact size, weight as well as power consumption capabilities, thus restraining the market growth. Moreover, designing such devices in order to offer high performance within lower costs also causes design complexity issues. Such factors are eventually causing lesser adoption from the manufacturers, thus slowing down the market growth for 5G transceivers.
Partnerships and acquisitions along with product launches are the key strategies of the players in the 5G Transceiver Market. The major key players in the 5G Transceiver Market include Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd., Qorvo, Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors N.V, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Broadcom Inc., Analog Devices Inc. and Huawei Technologies.
- In February 2019,MaxLinear Inc. has announced launch of next generation quad RF transceivers named MxL1500 and MxL1600 for 5G wireless infrastructure. These transceivers help in providing high system integration, wide range of bandwidth, along with high performance and broad system flexibility. With lower power consumption capability, both transceivers create high deployments in wireless infrastructure radios.
- In February 2019, Signal chip had announced the launch of semiconductor chips for 5G NR modems. The company introduced SCRF4502, a 2x2 transceiver, which was designed specifically for 5G NR standards. This transceiver was optimally designed to provide high performance with supporting the evolving network architectures.
- In February 2020, Marvell and Analog Devices, Inc. had announced technology collaboration in order to offer fully optimized solutions for 5G base stations. This collaboration was made to combine Marvell’s 5G digital platform with ADI’s wideband RF transceiver technology. This will further help the companies in providing fully integrated 5G digital front end solutions with tightly coupled RF transceivers, causing development towards next generation radio unit solutions.