5G Transceiver Market Overview
Global 5G Transceiver Market is forecast to reach $540 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 38.5% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. Rising IoT growth along with increasing demands from telecommunication sector are some of the major factors fuelling the growth of 5G transceiver market. Moreover, high growth of consumer electronics sector and increasing mobile phone users are also helping in propelling the market demand towards 5G optical transceivers. The market growth is mainly driven by the factors including growing demand for enhanced mobile broadband services along with virtual networking architecture in telecom industry, growing investment in development of 5G, data transfer and machine to machine communication solutions. Apart from that, rising adoption of IoT and growing requirement for better digital ecosystem will accelerate the growth of the 5G multimode fiber transceivers industry. In addition, demand for high-speed connections, greater reliability and access to real time information also contribute towards the 5G transceiver market growth.
The report: “5G Transceiver Market – Forecast (2021-2026)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the 5G Transceiver Market.
By Design Type: Single chip design and Standalone chip design.
By End Users: Telecom, Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace, Military and Defense & Others.
By Application: Base Stations, Mobile phones, Radar systems and Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (U.K, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and Others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea and Others), South America (Brazil, Argentina and Others), RoW (Middle East and Africa).
- Standalone chip design is expected to have a major market share during the forecast period 2021-2026 in the 5G Transceiver market owing to its higher compatibility with wireless devices.
- APAC is expected to have a major share during the forecast period in the 5G transceiver market due to rising smart phone penetration along with high investments towards 5G base stations development.
- Increasing demands from Telecom sector along with rapid technological advancements are some of the major driving factors affecting the growth of 5G transceiver market.
5G Transceiver Market Value Share, by Geography, 2020 (%)
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
5G Transceiver Market Segment Analysis – By Design Type
With growing demands towards 5G technology, the standalone chip is expected to have a major share during the forecast period in the 5G Transceiver market at 68% share in 2020. The adoption of standalone chip-designed transceivers has been growing due to its demanding applications across various industry verticals. Moreover, standalone chip based transceivers offer features such as low voltage along with lower power consumption, which makes it highly demanded across various applications. The rising growth of wireless devices in the market has been propelling huge demands for standalone design type 5G transceivers due to their higher compatability with wireless systems, thus raising its adoption across consumer electronics sector. Such features have been majorly impacting its deployment across 5G network infrastructure developments, thus booming its market demands.
5G Transceiver Market Segment Analysis - By End-User Industry
Based on end-user industry, 5G transceiver market is segmented into Residential, Commercial, Industrial and others (government and public sectors, defence and others). The market for industrial sector is estimated to witness the highest market growth with a CAGR of 73.1%, during the forecast period 2021-2026. Growing demand for better M2M communication solutions along with increasing penetration of IoT across industries is one of the major factors fuelling this growth. In October 2020, The ETSI announce about the launch of a new version of DECT which supports massive machine type communication system and can be used in building automation, asset tracking, industry 4.0, condition monitoring and others.. However, after the industrial sector, Commercial sector is set to witness significant amount of growth during 2021-2026. Especially, due to the out-break of COVID-19, the demand for healthcare services such as tele-medicine, remote patient monitoring, m-health and others, digital educational services, retail and e-commerce services and others is rising, resulting in high demand of better mobile broadband services, ultimately affecting the growth of 5G market positively during the forecast period. In May 2020, Stasis, Bangalore based Start-up company, had launched a cutting edge patient monitoring system that helps in managing the increased demand for wards by setting up isolation wards at the peak of covid-19. According to Ericsson Mobility report published in November 2020, India is estimated to have 350 million 5G subscriptions by 2026, which will represent 27% of the total mobile connections in the country.
5G Transceiver Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
Asia Pacific is expected to have a major growth in the global 5G transceiver market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026 at 32.5% CAGR. High investments towards research and development activities along with the rising growth of consumer electronics sector have been fuelling the growth for 5G Transceiver market in this region. Moreover, factors such as increasing smartphones user penetration and growing digitization have been also helping towards significant market growth for 5G transceivers. High spending towards 5G base stations infrastructure development majorly from Chinese mobile companies has been also impacting the market growth of 5G transceivers.
5G Transceiver Market Drivers
Rising technological growth
Rising technological growth has been acting as a major driver towards booming the market growth for 5G transceivers. Due to growing smart phone penetration, there are higher demands towards high performance and much faster network delivery, thus boosting the market growth of 5G transceivers. Rising digitization and mobile traffic have been also helping in propelling the market demands. Moreover, usage of 5G transceivers helps in increasing the market growth of electronic devices, causing higher consumer satisfaction. Technological growth such as IoT and many others are also helping the consumer electronics sector to provide customers with high data speeds, low latency and much more reliable communication network, thus promoting the growth for 5G transceivers market.
Growing telecom industry demands
The rising demand from telecommunication industry towards 5G transceivers has been acting as a major growth driver for causing significant market growth. With growing technological advancements towards 5G technologies, telecom sector has been causing high demands in the 5G transceiver market. Rising investments towards constructing advanced telecom base stations and exchanges using such transceivers is also propelling the market growth. Moreover, usage of 5G transceivers in industrial instruments such as radio systems, modems and many others for providing high performance and efficiency has been causing huge dominance in the market. As per sources from Chinese press, the Chinese government had announced that the Chinese mobile operators have been planning to deploy over 600,000 base stations by the end of 2020. Such growing developments towards 5G infrastructure from developed countries is also expected to boost the market growth for 5G Transceivers in near future.
5G Transceiver Market Challenges
Rising deployments of 5G transceivers have been growing prior to its high demands across various industry verticals. Designing of 5G transceiver architectures and interfaces has been acting as a major challenge, thus hampering the market growth. As the chip designers faces difficulty while designing such transceivers due to balancing of compact size, weight as well as power consumption capabilities, thus restraining the market growth. Moreover, designing such devices in order to offer high performance within lower costs also causes design complexity issues. Such factors are eventually causing lesser adoption from the manufacturers, thus slowing down the market growth for 5G transceivers.
5G Transceiver Market Landscape
Partnerships and acquisitions along with product launches are the key strategies of the players in the 5G Transceiver Market. The major key players in the 5G Transceiver Market include Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd., Qorvo, Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors N.V, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Broadcom Inc., Analog Devices Inc. and Huawei Technologies.
- In February 2020, Marvell and Analog Devices, Inc. had announced technology collaboration in order to offer fully optimized solutions for 5G base stations. This collaboration was made to combine Marvell’s 5G digital platform with ADI’s wideband RF transceiver technology. This will further help the companies in providing fully integrated 5G digital front end solutions with tightly coupled RF transceivers, causing development towards next generation radio unit solutions.
- In February 2019, MaxLinear Inc. has announced launch of next generation quad RF transceivers named MxL1500 and MxL1600 for 5G wireless infrastructure. These transceivers help in providing high system integration, wide range of bandwidth, along with high performance and broad system flexibility. With lower power consumption capability, both transceivers create high deployments in wireless infrastructure radios.
- In February 2019, Signal chip had announced the launch of semiconductor chips for 5G NR modems. The company introduced SCRF4502, a 2x2 transceiver, which was designed specifically for 5G NR standards. This transceiver was optimally designed to provide high performance with supporting the evolving network architectures.
Relevant Report Titles:
Report Code: ITR 0089
Report Code: ESR 0601
For more Electronics related reports, please click here
1. 5G Transceiver Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. 5G Transceiver Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends By Application
2.3 Key trends segmented by Geography
3. 5G Transceiver Market – Market Landscape
3.1 Comparative Analysis
3.1.1 Product/Company Benchmarking-Top 5 Companies
3.1.2 Top 5 Financial Analysis
3.1.3 Market Value Split by Top 5 Companies
3.1.4 Patent Analysis
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis (Comparison of General Price of Industry Solutions)
4. 5G Transceiver Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Regulatory Scenario
4.2 Ease of Doing Business Index
4.3 Case Studies
4.4 Customer Analysis
5. 5G Transceiver Market – Startup Company Scenario (Premium)
5.1 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5.2 Startup Company Analysis
6. 5G Transceiver Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. 5G Transceiver Market – By Strategic Analysis (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Product Life Cycle/Market Life Cycle Analysis
8. 5G Transceiver Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
8.1 Base Stations
8.2 Mobile Phones
8.3 Radar Systems
9. 5G Transceiver Market – By End User (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
9.3 Consumer Electronics
9.5 Military and Defense
10. 5G Transceiver Market – By Design Type (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
10.1 Single Chip
10.2 Standalone Chip
11. 5G Transceiver Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
11.1 North America
11.3.3 South Korea
11.4 South America
11.5.1 Middle East
12. 5G Transceiver Market - Market Entropy
12.1 New product launches
12.2 M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. 5G Transceiver Market – Industry Competitive Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share – Global
13.2 Market Share by Region
13.3 Market Share By Application
14. 5G Transceiver Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. 5G Transceiver Market - Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10