Europe Plant Protein Market Overview
Europe Plant Protein Market size is $2,248 Million in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The plant-based protein is derived and used as an alternative to animal and milk proteins from plant sources. They come from different plants such as sunflower, Soybeans, peas, rice, and others. Plant-based proteins, which also contain various nutrients such as fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, are considered a great source of protein. This drives its use as a raw material for food, beverages and other applications to make different protein based products. Most meat consumers are inclined towards meat alternatives made from vegan protein, which eventually drives the demand for plant protein, owing to animal protein allergies.
The report: “Europe Plant Protein Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Europe Plant Protein Market.
By Type: Soy Protein – Isolates, Concentrates, Flours and Others, Hemp Protein - 70%-80% and 35%-40%, Chick Pea Protein – Isolates, Concentrates and Flours, Pumpkin Seed Protein – Isolates, Concentrates and Flours, Sunflower Protein – Isolates, Concentrates and Textured, Mung Beans Protein – Isolates and Concentrates, Pea Protein - 10%-20% and 70%-80%, Rice Protein – Isolates, Concentrates and Textured, Fava Bean Protein – Isolates, Concentrates, Textured and Others.
By Application: Food and Beverage - Functional Foods, Baby Foods, Dairy Substitutes, Meat Substitutes, Bakery, Beverages, Confectionery and Others, Nutritional and Health Supplements and Others.
By Country: U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Russia, Turkey, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria and Rest of Europe.
- The need for plant-based protein is in demand from a growing group of customers opting out of animal protein owing to the growing health consciousness, accelerating the Europe Plant Protein demand over the forecast years 2020-2025.
- Rising vegan population and growing demand for sport nutrition products is likely to be the major driving factor for the market’s growth.
- Asia-Pacific region is projected to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025
Europe Plant Protein Market Segment Analysis - By Type
In 2019, Soy Protein segment dominated the Europe Plant Protein Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4%. Soy Protein is used as an animal protein supplement in an individual diet owing to its low cholesterol and low saturated fat. In addition, soy is known to be a good source of protein, which, like most legumes, is an important component of the diet required for tissue growth and repair, and the nutritional value of soy protein relates to its intake of amino acids, soy bean protein, and is considered to be of high quality. Increased soy protein consumption reduces cancer risk, which is another factor contributing to the growth of the segment. For instance, genistein, one of the phytochemicals found in soybeans, blocks the growth of cancer by preventing tumors from forming blood vessels that provide growth nourishment abetting towards the growth of the market.
Europe Plant Protein Market Segment Analysis - By Country
In 2019, the Germany dominated Europe Plant Protein Market in terms of revenue with a market share of $509.66m owing towards the presence of favorable government regulations in the country is estimated to enhance the growth. For instance, the German government has invested $780,000 in a research project aimed at making the texture of vegan meat more “realistic” with soy and pea protein. The growing demand for vegan diets , especially among the young and middle-aged population, the rapid shift in lifestyles and the subsequent dietary habits, and the increasingly rising demand for ready-to-eat items aids to the market’s growth. Government has taken initiatives to promote technological advancements and initiatives to escalate the product development process are key factors in the growth of the Europe Plant Protein market. U.K. is expected to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Europe Plant Protein Market Drivers
The Growing Vegan Trend
The rising movement towards a vegan diet is increasing the growth of the European Plant Protein Market attributed to the growing inclination for a healthier lifestyle, the growth of government initiatives, and the introduction to the mainstream of plant-based menu options by major food players. Diet-related diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers may result from excessive consumption of animal-based meat. Plant proteins are found in plant foods, and dietary fibres, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals are linked to the positive health benefits of plant foods also increases the growth of the European Market for Plant Proteins.
Europe Plant Protein Market Challenges
Allergies associated with plant-based protein sources
Plant Protein has a strong nutrient content profile including, vitamins, minerals, and proteins; however, antinutritional components present in plant protein could cause allergies. According to the Cleveland Clinic, soy is one of the big eight allergens, along with cow’s milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, fish, and shellfish, responsible for 90% of all food allergies is restraining the growth of the market.
Europe Plant Protein Industry Outlook
Product Launches, Merger & Acquisition, joint ventures, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by the players in the Europe Plant Protein Industry. Europe Plant Protein top 10 companies include DSM Corporation, Archer Daniels Midland Company, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Kerry Group, Cargill Corporation, Glanbia PLC, Prinova Group LLC, Emsland Group, Roquette Freres and Ingredion Incorporated.
- In February 2020, Cargill Corporation launched plant based patty and ground products for maintaining consistency in the taste of costumers and by providing high-quality protein. This helped in attracting many consumers and thus aiding to its productivity of sales.
- In October 2019, Ingredion has launched its first-ever protein isolate VITESSENCE® Pulse 1803 pea protein. It enables food and beverage manufacturers across EMEA to meet increasing consumer demand for protein-rich products, in a broad-range of on-trend categories.
1. Europe Plant Protein Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Europe Plant Protein Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key rends by Geography
3. Europe Plant Protein Market
3.1 Market Share Analysis
3.2 Comparative Analysis
3.2.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2.2 Financial Analysis– Key Companies
3.2.3 Patent Analysis
3.2.4 Customer Analysis
4. Europe Plant Protein Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Europe Plant Protein Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Europe Plant Protein Market - Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Europe Plant Protein Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Average Selling Pricing Analysis
7.3 Opportunities Analysis
7.4 Market Life Cycle
7.5 Suppliers and Distributors Analysis
8. Europe Plant Protein Market – By Type (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
8.1 Soy Protein
8.2 Hemp Protein
8.3 Chick Pea Protein
8.4 Pumpkin Seed Protein
8.5 Sunflower Protein
8.6 Mung Beans Protein
8.7 Pea Protein
8.8 Rice Protein
8.9 Fava Bean Protein
9. Europe Plant Protein Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Food and Beverage
9.1.1 Functional Foods
9.1.2 Baby Foods
9.1.3 Dairy Substitutes
9.1.4 Meat Substitutes
9.2 Nutritional and Health Supplements
10. Europe Plant Protein Market - By Country (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.15 Rest of Europe
11. Europe Plant Protein Market - Entropy
12. Europe Plant Protein Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
12.1 Market Share Analysis
12.1.1 Market Share by Country – Key companies
12.1.2 Market Share by Application – Key Companies
13. Europe Plant Protein Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
14. Europe Plant Protein Market Company Analysis
14.1 Company 1
14.2 Company 2
14.3 Company 3
14.4 Company 4
14.5 Company 5
14.6 Company 6
14.7 Company 7
14.8 Company 8
14.9 Company 9
14.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.