Simulator Market Overview
- With continuous advancements in technologies related to simulation, operational costs of military training has reduced, thereby leading to the increased use of simulators in military training.
- The commercial sector is one of the major end user of simulator market, owing to the significant growth in the aviation sector across the globe. Moreover airline companies are using innovative simulators to provide cost-effective airborne training experience to pilots in a safe environment.
- Rising partnerships between manufacturers and other end-users is analysed to drive the market growth. In addition, growing investments by several companies for expansion of training facilities is also analysed to drive the market growth in the forecast period.
Simulator Market, By Region, 2020For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Simulator Market Segment Analysis - By Type
Flight Simulators dominate the market with a share of over 48% in 2020. Increasing demand for new commercial and military pilots, adoption of virtual flight training to ensure aviation safety, and the need for cost-cutting of pilot training are expected to drive the market. The industry is witnessing unprecedented R&D efforts in aerospace technology coupled with technological advancements resulting in development of highly advanced flight simulators. Among these Full Flight Simulators hold the largest share. The full flight simulator provides airlines and training centers with the ultimate high fidelity pilot training experience while maintaining high degrees of reliability, maintainability, and supportability. In addition FFS is a high fidelity full size replica of a specific type or make, model and series airplane flight deck which can represent the airplane in ground and flight operations. It also have a visual system providing an out of the flight deck view, and a force cueing motion system. Owing to these features several end users are replacing Flight training devices with FFS.
Simulator Market Segment Analysis - By End Use Industry
Simulator Market Segment Analysis - By Geography
Simulator Market Drivers
Rising Collaboration between Companies and Governments
Need for Cost Cutting in Military Training
Simulator Market Challenges
High cost involved in the making of flight simulator and complexities in acquiring License
- In June 2019, Rockwell Collins Simulation & Training Solutions awarded with $40.2 million contract for the E-8 aircrew training device sustainment to contractor logistics support for the JSTARS (Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar Systems) simulators.
- In March 2019, Thales received a contract from Caverton Helicopters (Africa) to provide Thales’ Reality-H Full Flight Simulator to train the pilots of Caverton helicopters for the AW139 aircraft platform. This helped the company in expanding its customer base in Africa.