Fiber cement is a popular building material that gives best benefits in the siding industry longevity. It is a composite of sand, portland cement, and cellulose fibers are one of the sustainable materials. These helps to withstand at the harsh weather compared to other materials. The Global Fiber Cement market generated revenue of $13350.26 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.86% during the forecast period 2018-2023. Asia pacific region is the major fiber cement market share holder with more than 35% in the global fiber cement market. The presence of numerous raw material suppliers is expected to continue its growth in fiber cement market size in construction sector.
Fiber Cement Market Industry analysis states residential application is the dominant segment valued $4955.62 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period 2018-2023. Fiber cement board made of cement, silica sand, and special cellulose fiber, and selected filler is an autoclave reinforced fiber cement board used in residential and commercial activities at a large scale, thereby driving the fiber cement market during the forecast period.
What is Fiber Cement?
Fiber cement is a synthesized in building and construction material, mainly used in roofing and facade products due of its strength and durability. Growing advantage of easy installation of fiber cement siding on buildings has made familiar in the market. Fiber cement siding is a building material used to cover the exterior of a building in both commercial and domestic applications. Fiber cement is a composite material made of cellulose material and cement fortified. Originally, Asbestos was used as the supporting material but due to safety concerns, that was replaced by cellulose. Fiber cement siding has several advantages since it is resistant to termites, impact resistant, does not rot, and has fire resistant properties. The product has various uses such as Internal cladding, External cladding, Roofing and others.
Polypropylene is the leading fiber type in fiber cement market industry. It has a major application in injection molding. The fiber cement are processed using Hatschek process, Extrusion Process, and Pertile Process, among all extrusion process is commonly used in manufacturing of cement boards, and holds a share of 64% of the global fiber cement market share. The Hatsheck process was firstly developed for the making of asbestos composites, but it is now used for the manufacture of non-asbestos, cellulose fiber reinforced cement composites.
What are the major applications for Fiber Cement?
The various end users include Agriculture, Residential, Non-Residential, Industrial, Commercial and others. Various applications are Laminated Skirts, Internal cladding (Window sills, Partition walls, Fire protection, Ceilings and floors), External Cladding (Corrugated sheets, Planks, Shingle Slates, Building Facades, Flat sheets, Underroof), Roofing and others. Fiber cement market industry analysis predicts the growing advancement of chemical composition, and growing adoption, the threat from wood and vinyl siding is expected to compete in the upcoming market.
Market Research and Market Trends of Fiber Cement Ecosystem
- The Austrian based company named Rieder Smart Elements GmbH, recently came up with a new infrastructure called Rieton, the track absorber, which consists of aerated concrete is installed between on the outsides of the firm railway tracks. In contrast to other noise protection systems, the noise control effect here begins at the largest emission source, the wheels of the train. The absorbers are available in a walkable and drivable design and can be used both for, new construction and restoration. Poreton is a weather-resistant single-grain concrete, specially developed for track absorbers. It offers maximum resistance against mechanic influences and damage. Over hundreds of tracks have been equipped with the Rieton system by the company.
- One of the top players in Fiber cement market, Equitone, have mastered themselves in façade materials over a period of time. The company’s facade materials can be attached to the building structure using a number of face and back fixing options. The facade panels are assembled on a vertical support structure that consist of metal profiles or wooden battens. Face fixing options include riveting and screwing on metal or wood supporting frames whereas, back fixing options are bonding or mechanical fixing on metal frames.
- Equitone facade materials are assembled using the ventilated facade (rainscreen) system. The panels use open joints that add visual depth and allow for maximum back ventilation of the facade system. The rainscreen system creates healthy and safe buildings. Heavy downpour is kept outside the structure, yet it allows water vapor from inside the structure to escape.
- James Hardie, an Australian based organization have created a good solution for houses. They introduced HardieShingle sidings and HardieTrim boards which give the distinct and elegant look to the houses. Shingles are a timeless design element. They enhance a home’s architectural features or as siding for a whole house, they embody classic beauty. As per the company, The HardieTrim boards complement the Hardie siding by offering long lasting protection and adds natural and beautiful look to the buildings.
- American Fiber Cement Corporation has come up with Cembrit Patina board which is a strong, weather resistant cladding board characterized by its muted, matte finish. During manufacturing, the through-colored board receives a unique surface treatment which makes it powerfully resistant towards water staining and dirt, ensuring a long-lasting and durable facade. The natural credibility of the Cembrit is expressed through the slight color variations in the surface, imbuing the facade with the play of light and subtle difference associated with any natural building material. Over time, these natural variations may develop further as the surface patinates. The applications include Window reveals, Façade cladding, Internal Wall Linings, Balcony Panels and others.
- The Switzerland based organization called Swiss Pearl are proactive in Fiber Cement market by creating vast design possibilities and outstanding product features of the products inspiring a young, creative design, as well as a practically oriented interior architecture. The spectrum of truly unique designs for living reaches today from the perfectly shaped outdoor furniture system via one-of-a-kind designs in seating groups, on to tables, shelves, lamps and more. The various end user objects include Birdy Nistbox, Dune Lounge, Ecal chair, Guhl desk, Mold lamp, Sponeck chair, Tetris shelf, Trash Cube stool and many more.
Who are the Major Players in Fiber Cement market?
The companies referred to in the Fiber Cement Market research report includes Rieder Smart Elements GmbH, Equitone, James Hardie, Allura, American Fiber Cement, Fry Reglet, Swiss Pearl, Nichiha USA and more than 20 companies. Among all the above mentioned fiber cement market trends one more manufacturing carried out by major companies are coming up with the eco-friendly products in construction that will be fiber cement market growth.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.