Biochar Market - By Product Form (Liquid Suspension, Fine Powder, Coarse and Fine Chips, Pellets, Granules and Prills), By Technology (Pyrolysis, Gasification, Hydrothermal Carbonization, Others), By Feedstock Type (Corn Straw and Rice Straw, Gasified Rice Hulls, Biosolids and Green Waste, Hard Wood, Switchgrass, Timber Harvest Residues, Others), By Application (Electricity Generation, Livestock Feed, Soil Amendment, Forestry, Industrial Use, Waste Water Treatment, Others), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2023-2030
Biochar Market Overview:
Biochar Market - Report Coverage:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to disruptions in the supply chain, decreased production and reduced demand for some end-use applications. Restrictions on international trade, closure of borders and reduced production capacity have made it difficult for manufacturers to obtain the necessary raw materials and transport finished products to customers. This has caused an increase in prices and delays in delivery for a few biochar products. On the other hand, there has been an increase in demand for certain biochar products owing to their potential for use in soil remediation and sustainable agriculture.
- Ukraine is a major producer of biomass feedstocks such as wood chips, straw, and agricultural residues which are used as raw materials for producing biochar. The conflict has disrupted the supply chains for these feedstocks which lead to shortages and higher prices for biochar producers.
Dominance of the Asia-Pacific Region
Fastest Growth in Livestock Feed Segment
Dominance of Pyrolysis as per Biochar Market Analysis
Steep Rise in Biofuel Generation to Drive the Biochar Industry
Surging Applications of Biochar to Drive the Market Growth
Decrease in Yields in Certain Cases and Other Issues to Hamper the Market Growth
Key Market Players:
- Airex Energy (Airex Industries Inc.) (BiocharFX)
- Biochar Industries (Biochar – BIOCHARPROJECT)
- Biochar Supreme, LLC (Black Owl (TM) Premium Organic biochar)
- Swiss Biochar GmbH (Pflanzhumus – Plant humus, Bodenaktivator – Soil activator)
- ArSta eco Pvt Ltd (Arsta Biochar)
- BlackCarbon A/S (Biochar from BC300, woodchip based - BLACKCARBON® technology)
- Carbon Terra GmbH (Biochar produced through Schottdorf-Meiler technology)
- Earthly Biochar (CARBON NEGATIVE BIOCHAR)
- Carbonis GmbH & Co. KG (Feeding char)
- Farm2Energy Pvt. Ltd (Biochar)
Scope of the Report:
The Biochar Market is forecast to grow at 13.4% during the forecast period 2023-2030.
The Global Biochar Market size is estimated to be $267 million in 2023 and is projected to reach $645 million by 2030.
The leading players in the Biochar Market are Airex Energy (Airex Industries Inc.), Biochar Industries, Biochar Supreme, LLC, Swiss Biochar GmbH, ArSta eco Pvt Ltd and others.
The major Biochar Market trends are the suitable coupling of organic farming with biochar and a boost in crop yields through biochar soil amendments in nutrient-poor soils.
Rising demand for sustainable techniques of soil fertility enhancement and contaminant immobilization are driving the Biochar Market growth. Research and development on the application of wood biochar to amend aluminum (Al) toxicity are posing opportunities for the market.