Electric Scooters Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth And Forecast 2019 - 2025
Electric Scooters Market Overview:
According to the European Environment Agency, 118.5 grams of CO2 per km was the average calculated carbon discharge in 2017 by a newly manufactured car, escalating by 0.4% compared to 2016. This data might not sound perilous unless you multiply the count by nearly 97 million cars produced in 2017. Thus, micro-mobility is a major trend penetrating the global public and transportation sector pertaining to ecological hazards owing to the heavy uptake of heavy automotive by consumers. Carbon emissions from fossil fuel vehicles is a major factor that has escalated the market demand for electric vehicles. Owing to the light-weighting, micro-mobility and green automotive trends, the demand for electric scooters is growing as it rightfully serves multiple agendas. Factors such as the enormous fuel cost advantage, low noise levels, and comparatively cost-effective maintenance expenses helped the electric scooters market generate $17.23 billion in revenue in 2018.
Electric Scooters Market Outlook:
An online release by Forbes estimated that 46% of car traffic in the U.S. is caused by vehicles that operate on less than 3 miles, and that micro-mobility solution could aid in alleviating a substantial percentage of this last-mile gridlock. Increasing necessity for efficient transportation structure and ecological urban mobility are the prime factors motivating the evolution from conventional to electric modes of transport. Due to these factors, the electric scooters market is projected to grow at a global compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.26% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Plug-in electric vehicles with rechargeable batteries are inducing profits globally, but a regional viewpoint of the electric scooters market foresees APAC as the most lucrative region in terms of demand. This region, with densely populated economies of India, China and Japan along with the strong presence of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) accounted for 37.36% share of the electric scooters market. As per the IBEF, India is the largest two-wheeler market in terms of sales with light vehicles ranging between 75cc to 110 cc gripping the maximum sales. This data very well resonates with the demand for lighter vehicles in the region and hence depicts huge opportunities to be capitalized on by the electric scooters market. Electric vehicle in China represents the first mass-adopted and mass-produced unconventional-energy transportation with nearly 20 million units being sold per year. Subsidies and concessions, infrastructure for battery charging, and increasing ecological consciousness amongst the consumers are boosting the sales of electric two-wheelers in China.
‘Battery, a device where electrical energy is stored to run the vehicle’s mechanism, is the fuel for electric scooters. Some of the most common batteries employed by the manufacturers include sealed lead acid (SLA), NiMH, and Li-Ion. A critical scrutiny of the battery type segment indicates Li-Ion and SLA to be the dominant segment. The segment is poised to grow at a CAGR of 7.16% through 2025. The sheer affluence of the SLA segment can be attributed to its economical rate, heavy-usage, and sturdiness, while extraordinary-performance, greater charge density, light-weight, as well as charging-discharging efficacy are the factors driving the growth of the Li-Ion segment.
Electric Scooters Market Trends and Growth Drivers:
· Avan Motors, an electric two-wheeler company in India, launched its Trend E electric scooter in 2019. Following its successors Xero and Xero +, Trend E is the manufacturer’s third segment of brand extension. All its e-scooters are power-driven by lithium ion batteries as these iare comparatively lighter than lead acid batteries and sustains more charge as well.
· Scooters sharing services being capitalized by commuting giants such as Uber and Lyft is a major trend disrupting the market. Electronic scooters are the first choice for scooter ride-sharing service companies as they are economical in terms of fuel and maintenance. This commercial aspect viewed by commuting giants towards e-scooters is all set to boost the demand in the market.
· Growth in food-delivery services is also driving the electronic scooters market. This F&B virtual retail section, to cut down its expenses, employ the inexpensive mode of transport, thus augmenting the market for electronic scooters.
· Standing/self-balancing scooters are being heavily adopted by female citizens, diverting the male-centric two-wheelers market towards a unisex forum.
Electric Scooters Market Challenges:
Lack of charging facilities is a prime factor hindering the market growth as it is not convenient to keep changing the battery on transit and charging a vehicle takes more time than refueling a tank, thus making the e-vehicles less flexible from their fossil-fuel counterparts. However, the influx of investments in charging facilities and R&D to produce fast-charging batteries are pushing the market towards mass commercialization.
Electric Scooters Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players that hold a significant share of the electronic scooters market are Suzuki Motor Corporation, BOXX Corp., Green Energy Motors Corp., Gogoro, Inc., Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Mahindra GenZe, KTM AG, Terra Motors Corporation, Greenwit Technology Inc, and Bmw Motorrad International. These manufacturers have enough opportunities to capitalize on by going forward with the strategy and expansion of charging stations to expand the perspectives of complete green automotive transportation.
Electric Scooters Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the electric scooters market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various types of applications in global electric scooters market, and their specific advantages.
The Electric Scooters Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Electric Scooters Market Report
1. Is the market for electric scooters growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 for the electric scooters market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future electric scooters Market during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Electric Scooters Market - Executive summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by type of Application
2.3 Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Electric Scooters Market
3.1 Comparative analysis
3.1.1 Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3 Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4 Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Electric Scooters Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Shares
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Electric Scooters Market - Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top 10 companies
6. Electric Scooters Market Forces
6.4 Porters five force model
6.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3 Threat of new entrants
6.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Electric Scooters Market - Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Product life cycle
7.4 Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Electric Scooters Market - By Product (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9. Electric Scooters Market - By Battery (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1 Sealed Lead Acid
10. Electric Scooters - By Voltage (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4 Greater Than 48V
11. Electric Scooters - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1 Electric Scooters Market - North America Segment Research
11.2 North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1 Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2 Revenue and Trends
11.2.3 Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4 Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5 North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
11.3 Electric Scooters- South America Segment Research
11.4 South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1 Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2 Revenue and Trends
11.4.3 Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4 Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5 South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199 Costa Rica
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
11.5 Electric Scooters- Europe Segment Research
11.6 Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1 Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2 Revenue and Trends
11.6.3 Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4 Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5 Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
11.7 Electric Scooters - APAC Segment Research
11.8 APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1 Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2 Revenue and Trends
11.8.3 Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4 Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5 APAC Segment - Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Hong kong
22.214.171.124 Rest of APAC
11.9 Electric Scooters - Middle East Segment and Africa Segment Research
11.10 Middle East & Africa Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.10.1 Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.10.2 Revenue and Trend Analysis
11.10.3 Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.10.4 Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.10.5 Middle East Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
11.10.6 Africa Segment Analysis
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
12. Electric Scooters Market - Entropy
12.1 New product launches
12.2 M&A s, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Electric Scooters Market - Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3 Market Share by type of Application - Top 10 companies
13.1.4 Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5 Market Share at global level - Top 10 companies
13.1.6 Best Practises for companies
14. Electric Scooters Market - Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Electric Scooters Market Company Analysis
15.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2 Allcell Technology Llc
15.4 Bmw Motorrad International
15.5 Boxx Corp
15.6 Gogoro, Inc
15.7 Green Energy Motor Corp
15.8 Greenwit Technology Inc
15.9 Honda Motor Co Ltd
15.10 Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle Co , Ltd
15.11 Ktm Ag
15.13 Mahindra Genze
15.14 Ninebot Limited
15.15 Peugeot Scooter
15.17 Suzuki Motor Corporation
15.18 Terra Motor Corporation
15.19 Vmoto Limited
15.21 Yadea Technology Group Co , Ltd
15.22 Yamaha Motor Company Limited
15.23 Company 22
15.24 Company 23 & More
17. Electric Scooters Market - Methodology
17.1 Research Methodology
17.1.1 Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2 Industry Databases
17.1.4 Company News
17.1.5 Company Annual Reports
17.1.6 Application Trends
17.1.7 New Products and Product database
17.1.8 Company Transcripts
17.1.9 R&D Trends
17.1.10 Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11 Supply and Demand Trends
List of Tables
1 US Electric Scooters Market Size 2018
2 Canada Electric Scooters Market Share 2018
3 Brazil Electric Scooters Market Outlook 2019 - 2023
4 Mexico Electric Scooters Market Research 2018
5 Germany Electric Scooters Market Trends 2019 - 2023
6 France Electric Scooters Market Growth 2019 - 2023
7 UK Electric Scooters Market Demand 2019 - 2023
8 Italy Electric Scooters Market Segmentation 2018
9 Russia Electric Scooters Market Analysis 2019 - 2023
10 China Electric Scooters Market Revenue 2019 - 2023
11 Japan Electric Scooters Market Volume 2019 - 2023
12 South Korea Electric Scooters Market Potential 2019 - 2023
13 India Electric Scooters Market Leaders 2018
14 Saudi Arabia Electric Scooters Market Forecast 2019 - 2023
15 Kuwait Electric Scooters Market Value 2018
List of Figures
For complete list of 60+ tables and 60+ figures follow the Link