Flavored Bottled Water Market By Packaging Type (Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles, Polypropylene (PP) bottles, Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) bottles, Glass bottles, & Others), By Water Type (Spring, Purified, Distilled & sparkle, & Mineral), By Bottle Size (8 oz, 12 oz, 16.9 oz, 20 oz, & so on), By Distribution Channel (Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, convenience stores, retail stores, Online Channels & Others), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
Flavored Bottled Water Market Overview
Flavored Bottled Water Market size is estimated to reach $34.3 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Flavored bottled water is an intermingling of two words flavored water and bottled water. Bottled water is delineated as mineral water derived from natural springs, groundwater, and other supplies. It is frequently packaged in polyethylene terephthalate - PET bottles, and broadly used as a derivative of tap water. Whereas flavored water contains artificial flavors and sweeteners which makes it easy to drink. Functional water or enhanced water is a derivative of flavored water which is amended by adding acquaceuticals like vitamins, minerals, acids, and various fruit and vegetables while extending nutrients to the body and other health benefits. Moreover, it falls under the category of low-calorie drinks and is suitable for people besieged with obesity hitches. Proper water intake is very crucial for an individual’s health therefore, the Flavored Bottled Water Market outlook is quite enchanting as it makes water ingestion easy owing to heightened taste. augmenting health difficulties ascribing to contaminated tap water are factors set to drive the growth of the Flavored Bottled Water Industry for the period 2022-2027.
The report: “Flavored Bottled Water Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Flavored Bottled Water Market.
- Geographically, the Asia-Pacific Flavored Bottled Water Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021. Additionally, it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027.
- Captivating taste is said to be the preeminent driver driving the growth of the Flavored Bottled Water Market. The environmental complication caused by plastic which is a major source in the manufacturing of water bottles is said to reduce the market growth.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weaknesses, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Flavored Bottled Water Market report.
The Flavored Bottled Water Market based on the water type can be further segmented into Spring, Purified, Distilled and sparkle, and Mineral. The purified water segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth owing to urbanization has swelled the overall demand for purified water. Around 56.2% of the world population is habituating in urban areas. Besides, as the purchasing power of people is augmenting, they aren’t willing to compromise and are making demand for top-notch quality. Environmental catastrophes like drought have been icing on the cake for the bottled water industry as a natural sources of water like well are getting disappeared. However, the sparkling water segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing with a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to the benefits linked with it. It is pervaded by carbon dioxide and prevents the condition of chronic dehydration. Moreover, several digestion benefits are making it popular among people.
Flavored Bottled Water Market Segment Analysis - By Distribution Channel
The Flavored Bottled Water Market based on distribution channels can be further segmented into Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, convenience stores, retail stores, and local vendors. The Hypermarket segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth is owing to an increase in Supermarket/Hypermarkets outlets all over the works, especially in both developed and developing countries. According to a report, there are around 15,344 modern grocery stores present in Canada, modern retail outlets have witnessed a slight 0.5-0.6% jump in the U.S. and now 42000-43000 supermarket outlets have their presence in the U.S. in 2021. Furthermore, the supermarket platform segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing with a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to the Accruing GDPs of various developing nations like India, China, Brazil, etc. resulting in innumerable flows of hard cash into infrastructure refinement. For instance, India has more than 400,000 supermarkets and the number is growing rapidly.
Flavored Bottled Water Market Segment Analysis - By Geography
The Flavored Bottled Water Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific held the largest share with 33% of the overall market in 2021. The growth in this segment is owing to factors such as widespread lockdowns ensued individual seclusions that have soared the water consumption as India, China, Bangladesh, etc. are some of the worst-hit countries by the virus outbreak. Rapid modernization in developing countries is gravitating people toward better lifestyles. On another hand, rising disposable, proliferation in health complications, accruing awareness among people toward side effects of contaminated water. As per a researcher, around 70% of underground water in the country is contaminated. Furthermore, Asia-pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to increasing demand owing to expanding population in Asian countries.
Flavored Bottled Water Market Drivers
Increasing chronic hitches owing to contaminated water, and health benefits associated with flavored bottled water are Anticipated to Boost Product Demand.
Chronic disease is prevailing around the world. Around 70% of the world’s deaths happen attributed to chronic illnesses. Water contamination is the major source of the surge of chronic maladies. Polluted water intake leads to cholera, typhoid, Diarrhoea, and hepatitis A. 2500- 3000 cases of hepatitis A befall the U.S. every year. Whereas, 15-20 million typhoid cases occur each year many of them ascribe to contaminated water. Therefore, the overall demand for purified water is soaring as people are becoming more health-conscious. Besides, health benefits associated with flavored bottled water as it contains several vitamins like A, C, and E, and enhanced taste gravitate consumers toward it.
Water scarcity Owing to draughts is Expected to Boost Product Demand.
As the world population is rising severely and is estimated to reach 9.8-10.2 billion people by the year 2050. Due to overpopulation demand for clean water has risen steadily. On another hand, water wastage is also ensuing in water scarcity. According to a report released by UNICEF over 1.4 billion people reside in deprived areas where they face extreme water scarcity. Therefore, with depleting natural resources of water like well demand for bottled water has proliferated.
Flavored Bottled Water Market Challenges
Environmental complications ascribing to poor disposal of plastic bottles are Anticipated to Hamper Market Growth.
Plastic is the foremost part of the manufacturing of water bottles around 10.2 percent of global plastic is used for fabricating water bottles. Moreover, it is not the easiest substance to decompose because it takes a year to decompose and releases harmful toxins when comes under contact with sunlight. Therefore, poor disposal of plastic water bottles after consumption may lead to several environmental issues. Besides, the traditions of littering in public places in countries like India, Pakistan, etc. are adding insult to injury.
Flavored Bottled Water Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Flavored Bottled Water Market. Key companies of this market are-
- Nestle S.A.
- Danone S.A.
- Kraft Foods Group
- Coca-Cola Company
- PepsiCo Inc.
- New York Spring Water
- Talking rain Beverages
- Herbal Water
- Sunny Delight Beverages
- Hint Inc.
Recent Developments/Product Launches:
- On January 11, 2022, Soda-Stream introduced the ART, the newest edition in the innovative line-up of sparkling water makers. It allows the transformation of flat water into sparkling water and also customizes everything from the desired level of carbonation to flavor combination, and even more. The machine would feature a slim-silhouette, retro design, stainless steel trim, and a unique carbonating lever, which is responsible for the sparkling water experience. Soda Stream is a part of PepsiCo and would be available from January 12 for $129.99.
- On January 10, 2022, Bevi- A beverage technology company announced the launch of a new water dispenser- Bevi Standup 2.0. It would allow users to customize filtered and sparkling water in seconds by setting temperature, carbonation level, and combinations of natural flavors and enhancements. Bevi elevates the water cooler experience to new heights through an ergonomic design, the addition of enhancements such as vitamins and electrolytes, the ability to customize water temperature and carbonation level, and a new interface for quickly mixing and matching ingredients, and advanced remote diagnostics to keep machines in top condition.
- On January 4, 2022, Liquid Death- an LA-based outfit that sells canned mountain water from the Alps that “murders one’s thirst” has gotten a series C funding of $75 million. The funding program was led by start-up studio Science, which helped in the launch and allows a strong minority position. According to Cessario, Liquid Death is now carried in more than 29,000 locations throughout the U.S., including Whole Foods, Target, Safeway, and 7-Eleven stores, and revenue reached nearly $45 million last year, up from $3 million in 2019 when the company sold its first can.
Report Code: CPR 0056
Report Code: CMR 0116
Report Code: FBR 0139
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here