High Fiber Food Market By Nature (Organic, Conventional), By Source (Baked Foods, Cereals & Grains, Flours, Seed & Nuts, Exotic Fruits, Vegetables, Others), By Fiber Type (High Fiber, Soluble, Insoluble), By Classification Of Products (Bakery, Snack Bars, Crisps & Crackers, Pasta & Noodles, Breakfast Cereals, Others), By Flavour (Vanilla, Fruits, Honey, Nuts, Chocolates, Others), By Price Range (Premium, High, Medium), By Packaging Type (Cans, Bags, Pouches, Trays, Container, Folding Cartons), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, E-commerce Websites, Others), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
High Fiber Food Market Overview
High Fiber Food Market size is estimated to reach $87.9 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027. High-fiber diets are necessary for maintaining good health. All necessary elements, including phytochemicals, fiber, selenium, potassium, and magnesium, are found in whole grain and high fiber diets. Avocados, Asian pears, berries, coconut, figs, artichokes, okra, peas, acorn squash, and turnips are some of the fiber-rich foods. Soluble fibers include inulin, pectin, polydextrose, beta-glucan, and other soluble fibers, while insoluble fibers include cellulose, lignin, hemicellulose, chitin, and chitosan, resistant starch, and other insoluble fibers. Furthermore, as public awareness of health grows, consumers are incorporating more whole grains and fiber into their daily diets. Fiber foods are high in nutrients and dietary fiber, which help in weight management, blood cholesterol regulation, and the prevention of stroke, heart disease, and asthma.
The surging introduction of innovative goods with improved flavor and quality, as well as an increase in public awareness of the need for a healthy diet are set to drive the High Fiber Food Market. The soaring recognition of dietary fibers among functional foods like soluble dietary fibers being added to ready-to-drink beverages owing to their widespread use is set to propel the growth of the High Fiber Food Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the High Fiber Food Industry Outlook.
High Fiber Food Market Report Coverage
The report: “High Fiber Food Market Forecast (2022-2027)", by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the High Fiber Food Market.
- Geographically, North America High Fiber Food Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing awareness among consumers about high fiber food, and the high consumption of fiber-inclusive food in the American diet in the North American region.
- High Fiber Food Market growth is being driven by the surging advantages of high-fiber foods like serving a role in weight regulation and helping in digestion. However, consuming too much fiber may bring about diarrhoea and decreased mineral absorption by averting the absorption of calcium, iron, and zinc and these are some of the major factors hampering the growth of the High Fiber Food Market.
- High Fiber Food Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the High Fiber Food Market report.
High Fiber Food Market: Market Share (%) By Region, 2021
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
High Fiber Food Market Segment Analysis - By Source:
The High Fiber Food Market based on the source can be further segmented into Baked Foods, Cereals And Grains, Flours, Seed And Nuts, Exotic Fruits, Vegetables, and Others. The Cereals And Grains Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to oat, barn, corn, rice, and wheat being the major sources of dietary fiber which are available from grains and cereals. Owing to the characteristic of dietary fiber forming a gel when coming in contact with abdominal fluid, the digestion process slows down, and complete absorption of nutrients from consumed food is available for the body. It also helps to reduce the increased quantity of low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol in the blood. As per the National Institute of Health, consumption of cereals and grains reduces the chances of heart disease and diabetes which is further propelling the growth of the Cereals And Grains segment. Furthermore, the Baked Foods segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing demand for a variety of bakery products with the most consumed baked food across the globe being bread followed by cakes and pastries.
High Fiber Food Market Segment Analysis - By Nature:
The High Fiber Food Treatment Market based on nature can be further segmented into Organic, and Conventional. The Conventional Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the commercial application of high fiber food in the food and beverage industry. Increasing demand for high fiber food in the food and beverage industry owing to it being low in calories and high in vitamins and nutrients for applications such as functional beverages is not sufficiently met by organic high fiber food sources. To meet the market demand, most market players use conventional sources of high fiber, thereby further propelling the growth of this segment. Furthermore, the Organic segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing consumer awareness about the use of purely organic products and associated health benefits.
High Fiber Food Market Segment Analysis - By Geography:
The High Fiber Food Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. North America (High Fiber Food Market) held the largest share with 45% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the increasing prevalence of obesity and diabetes in the North American region. According to International Diabetic Federation in 2021, nearly about 537 million adults are living with diabetes and the total number of people living with diabetics is projected as 643 million by 2030 and 783 million by 2045. This is attributed to a hectic lifestyle and unhealthy consumption of food. To prevent obesity and diabetes, high fiber food plays an important role, resulting in an increase in consumption of high fiber food which is propelling the growth of the High Fiber Food Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like fulfilling the nutritional need of the large population and minimizing the prevalence of obesity and related diseases like cardiovascular diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. High Fiber Food Market has large scope to capture the growing market of the Asia-pacific region. Also, increasing consumer preference for high fiber food instead of meat products helps to grow the market. To meet the increasing demand of high fiber food leading market players in the region focus on research & development, to launch new innovative products in the market, These factors are further fuelling the growth of the High Fiber Food Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
High Fiber Food Market Drivers
Growing Popularity Of Probiotics Drinks Helps to Drive The High Fiber Food Market
Increasing consumption of healthy drinks by lowering the intake of carbonated and alcoholic beverages is on the hike nowadays. Soluble fibers are mostly used in health drinks and functional drinks attributed to the properties of soluble fiber like absorbing water during digestion, which increases stool bulk and leads to a decrease in bad cholesterol levels. Owing to such properties, drinks containing soluble fiber help to reduce cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, functional drinks like probiotics have high demand in recent years. An average probiotic drink needs to have around 1 billion CFUs per dose for an average adult. While it appears like a lot of bacteria, it is really on the low end of the scale. The increasing demand for functional beverages like probiotics is therefore driving the High Fiber food Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Increasing Prevalence Of Obesity And Cardiovascular Diseases Helps to Drive The High Fiber Food Market
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) like ischemic heart disease (IHD) and stroke are leading contributors to mortality all over the world. As per ‘The Global Burden of Diseases Study 2019’ cases of CVD nearly got doubled from 271 million in 1990 to 523 million in 2019 and deaths pertaining to CVD increased from 12.1 million in 1990 to 18.6 million in 2019. The report published in the American Heart Association (AHA) journal stated that consumption of whole grains rather than refined grains lowers the risk of CVD and Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD). Consumption of junk food is very common in a hectic lifestyle, which invites obesity and related diseases like CVD and stroke. As per World Health Organization (WHO), 13% of adults around the world are obese. High fiber food plays an important role to maintain gut health and managing weight. To reduce the possibility of the ailments discussed above, people prefer to consume high fiber food which is further propelling the growth of the High Fiber Food Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
High Fiber Food Market Challenges
Limitations in The Availability of High Fibre Foods Pose A Threat To The Expansion Of The Market
Increasing fiber consumption too quickly might cause gastrointestinal discomfort, and consuming too much fiber can cause bloating or gas. Owing to fiber’s tendency to absorb water, a greater amount of water must be drunk to compensate for the increased fiber consumption. If people do not drink enough fluids, too much fiber can cause constipation. Insoluble fiber absorbs water, making the stool soft and easy to pass. Soluble fiber combines with water to form a gel-like substance that is expelled from the body over time. If this water is not replaced, a lack of liquid in the digestive tract can develop, causing the stools to become dry, hard, and difficult to pass. In North America alone approximately 63 million people are affected by chronic constipation and worldwide approximately 12% of people suffered from self-defined constipation, as per an article published in Medscape in 2020. As a result, increasing fiber consumption necessitates increasing liquid consumption as well. These issues are restraining the growth of the High Fiber Food Market.
High Fiber Food Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the High Fiber Food Market. The top 10- High Fiber Food Market companies are:
- Ardent Mills
- Cargill Inc
- Cereal Ingredients
- Crea Fill Fibers Corporation
- General Mills Inc.
- Flowers Foods Inc.
- Grain Millers Inc.
- Hodgson Mill Inc.
- Mondelez International
- International Fiber Corporation
- In March 2022, Ardent Mills – the premium flour milling and ingredient company, declared the opening of its new state of art Port Redwing Mill in Gibsonton, Florida. The vision behind this investment is to strengthen the supply chain, increase efficiency and product consistency, and meet growing customer demand. The 150,000-square-foot mill has the capability to generate up to 1.75 million lbs. of flour per day and is strategically situated for rail, ocean, and truck access.
- In May 2022, Cargill Inc developed a program for regenerative agriculture for U.S. farmers that is Cargill RegenConnect which offers a voluntary market-based regenerative agriculture program offering producers a simple, flexible, and transparent way to access the growing carbon marketplace. For the 2022-23 crop season Cargill has expanded grower eligibility to 15 states including Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Cargill will once again provide one-crop-year contracts to producer customers in eligible states to isolate carbon by way of implementation of the novel or extended regenerative agriculture practices like cover crops, nil-till, or decreased-till.
- In April 2022, General Mills declared the financing of $15 million in funds for minority and female entrepreneurs. The investment was allocated to two funds Fearless Fund and Supply Change Capital. The fearless fund involves pre-seed, seed level, or series A financing for women, and Supply Change Capital Fund assists in early-stage food and food tech founders with attention aimed at sustainability, health, and diversity.