Non-Stick Coatings Market size is forecast to reach $19.4 billion by 2025, after growing at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2020-2025. There is an increase in the demand of non stick coatings for various applications such as cookware, industrial machinery, automotive and food processing, because of its characteristics such as scratch resistant, uniform distribution of heat, repellant to water & oil, low friction coefficient, and more. Also, the non-stick coatings offer a reduced coefficient of friction and eliminate noise. Moreover, non-stick coatings are able to operate at temperatures as high as 260°C and allow the appliances to withstand temperatures as low as -270°C, which is anticipated to drive the non-stick coatings market substantially during the forecast period.
The report: “Non-Stick Coatings Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the non-stick coatings Industry.
By Type: Fluoropolymers (Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP), and Others), Silicone, Sol-Gel, and Others
By End Use Industry: Cookware, Food Processing Equipments, Fabrics & Carpets, Automotive, Medical, Electrical & Electronics, Industrial Machinery, and Others
By Geography: North-America, South-America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW
- Asia Pacific dominates the non-stick coatings market, owing to the increasing automotive production in the region due to the government initiatives such as the Make in India Campaign in India and Automotive Mission Plan 2016-26 in China.
- Many of the non-stick coatings are FDA acceptable such as fluoropolymers and ceramic coatings. These coatings are used for various machine parts, such as O-rings, gears, pipe linings, bearings, joints, bushings, saw blades, slide plates which is driving the non-stick coatings market.
- Recent ceramic coatings are free from PTFE/PFOA and other toxic chemicals which make it a great choice as a non-stick coating. The organic materials used to make ceramic coatings do not leach any chemicals to food upon heating excessively, which will boost the non-stick market growth.
- Teflon coatings may begin to break down at a temperature above 570°F (300°C) and release toxic fumes into the air. These fumes can cause temporary, flu-like symptoms known as polymer fume fever, which acts as a restrain for the non-stick coatings market.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic most of the countries has gone under lockdown, due to which operations of various home appliances and industrial machinery industries has been negatively affected, which is hampering the non-stick coatings market growth.
By Type – Segment Analysis
The PTFE segment holds the largest share in the non-stick coatings market in 2019, owing to its extensive set of properties such as low friction, self cleaning, and effective at wide range of temperature, long term weatherability, non- flammability, chemical resistance, and high electrical & dielectric strength. The PTFE coatings are made with mainly four ingredients - fluorspar, hydrofluoric acid, chloroform, and water. Non-stick PTFE coatings has a very high melting point and auto-ignition temperature and can thus be applied to a large range of components such as aluminium, brass, carbon steel, stainless steel, steel alloys, glass, ceramics, rubber, plastics, paper and magnesium. Also, Non-stick PTFE coatings acts as a layer of protection as it is not affected by ultraviolet and is resistant to oxidation, discoloration, and embrittlement, which is anticipated to drive the non-stick coatings market during the forecast period.
By Application – Segment Analysis
The cookware application holds the largest share in the non-stick coatings market in 2019 and is growing at a CAGR of 6.5%, owing to increasing usage of PTFE in cookware due to its properties such as non-stick, hydrophobic, low refractive index and high temperature resistance. The non-stick coatings are widely used in cookware owing to its major advantages such as super easy cleanup, less food sticking to the surface, and the ability to cook with less oil and butter. The surface of cookware is enhanced with a non-stick coating such as PTFE on a base material of aluminium as it keeps the food from sticking on the cookware surface completely. Also, non-stick cookware evenly distributes heat so that food is cooked faster than regular cookware. Moreover, the cookware equipment can be wiped clean much more quickly when it is covered in a non-stick coating, which is increasing the demand of non-stick coatings from the cookware sectors.
By Geography – Segment Analysis
Asia Pacific region holds the largest share in the non-stick coatings market in 2019 up to 32%, owing to the increasing economic, urbanization and housing activities in the APAC region. In nations such as China, India, Australia, Vietnam and Singapore, the increasing population growth and rising per capita income of the individuals is resulting in an increased number of houses which in turn is increasing the demand for household appliances, including kitchen appliances, cookware and more. The projects such as ‘100 smart cities’ and ‘Housing for All by 2022,’ by the government in India are expected to drive the Indian residential construction market over the forecast period. Also, because of the increasing demand of better quality products the people are shifting towards non-stick cookware. The infrastructural developments in the industries such as chemicals, construction, packaging, textiles, and food in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia and New Zealand are also likely to drive the non-stick coatings market. All the aforementioned factors are anticipated to boost the demand for non-stick coatings in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
Drivers – Non-Stick Coatings Market
- Increasing Demand For Non-Stick Coatings
There is an increasing demand of non-stick coatings in various end use industries such as chemical, medical and automotive industries. Non-stick coatings are cost effective and are often used in the industrial machineries to provide longer shelf life to the equipments. Non stick coatings are when used on equipments such as transporting pipes or storage containers that might hold the harsh chemicals or acids; they do not get damaged as they are much less reactive to harsh chemicals than other materials. There is an increasing demand of non-stick coatings in the automation industries as the non-stick coatings does not only protect the vehicles from scratches and scuffs but also shields it from road chips, tar, rust, corrosion and environmental impacts. Also, the non-stick coating doesn’t bond with paint at the molecular level but instead acts as a protective layer over the paint. The increasing demand of non stick coatings various end-use industries acts as a driver for the non-stick coating market during the forecast period.
- Growing Demand For Sol-Gel Coatings
The demand for sol–gel coatings are increasing as they improve the adhesion between substrate and the top coat. Sol–gel coatings can be prepared by simple, non-vacuum processes with only a small capital investment and it is of affordable cost, which is the most important driving force behind the growth of sol–gel coatings. There is an increasing demand for sol–gel based coatings as they are being widely used in sector of engineering applications such as aerospace, electronics, ships, building, decorative and more. Sol–gel coatings are often deposited on metals to improve their resistance to oxidation. Sol-gel has increased applications in the fields of catalysis, sensors, and biotechnology, and the applications are continually developing and new possibilities are suggested every year which acts as a driver.
Challenges – Non-Stick Coatings Market
Health & Hazards of Using Non-Stick Coatings
Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) is often used in the process of making Teflon non-stick and in making Scotchgard water repellent. PFOA are highly persistent and accumulate over time in humans, animals and the environment, for long periods of time and they don’t break down. Since, nonstick cookware is made using a carcinogenic chemical that is PFOA, when it is over heated it releases harmful toxins, which makes the Teflon layer breaks down into PFIB chemical which is harmful to health. As PFOA is carcinogenic, it is even responsible for many cancer diseases. In May, 2019 almost 180 countries decided to ban production and use of PFOA, its salts, and PFOA-related compounds under the international Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs). However, five-year exemptions to the ban were approved for the chemical to manufacture firefighting foam, plastic accessories for car interior parts and electrical wires. These bans and regulations may avail as a hindrance to the non-stick coatings market during the forecast period.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the non-stick coatings market. In 2019, the market of non-stick coatings has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for xx% of the share. Major players in the non-stick coatings market are AAA Industries, Cavero Coatings, Daikin Industries Ltd., Metal Coatings, Metallic Bonds Ltd, PPG Industries Inc., Showa Denko K.K., The Chemours Company, Daikin Industries, The 3M Company, GMM Development Ltd., Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd., Chenguang Group, Zhejiang Juhua & Co., Chemours Company, Hengtong Fluorine, Akzo Nobel, Solvay S.A., E. I. DuPont De Nemours and company, MBI, Weilburger, Arkema S.A., Quadrant AG, Shanghai 3F Materials Co. Ltd. and Shamrock technologies.
- In May, 2019 Showa Denko K.K., Parent Company of Chicago-based GMM Nonstick Coatings, announced about its acquisition of all the shares of the ILAG Group (ILAG) and its stock purchase agreement with owner of ILAG-Helvetica Capital.
- In December, 2018 PPG announced about its acquisition of Whit ford Worldwide Company, which will further drive the value for its customers and shareholders by enhancing its research and development capabilities, range of product offerings and global market reach in the growing non-stick industrial coatings sector.
1. Non-Stick Coatings Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Non-Stick Coatings Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by Type
2.3 Key Trends by End Use Industry
2.4 Key Trends by Geography
3. Non-Stick Coatings Market - Landscape
3.1 Comparative analysis
3.1.1 Market Share Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.2 Product Benchmarking- Top Companies
3.1.3 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.4 Patent Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Non-Stick Coatings Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Top startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Shares
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Non-Stick Coatings Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top companies
6. Non-Stick Coatings Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Market Opportunities
6.4 Porters five force model
6.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3 Threat of new entrants
6.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Non-Stick Coatings Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
7.4 Suppliers and distributors Analysis
8. Non-Stick Coatings Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million)
8.1.1 Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
8.1.2 Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
9. Non-Stick Coatings Market – By End Use Industry (Market Size -$Million)
9.2 Food Processing Equipments
9.3 Fabrics & Carpets
9.6 Electrical & Electronics
9.7 Industrial Machinery
10. Non-Stick Coatings Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million)
10.1 North America
10.2 South America
10.2.5 Rest of South America
10.3.9 Rest of Europe
10.4 Asia Pacific
10.4.4 South Korea
10.4.5 Australia & New Zealand
10.4.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
10.5.1 Middle East
10.5.1.1 Saudi Arabia
10.5.1.4 Rest of Middle East
10.5.2.1 South Africa
10.5.2.3 Rest of South Africa
11. Non-Stick Coatings Market - Entropy
11.1 New Product Launches
11.2 M&A’s, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
12. Market Share Analysis (Premium)
12.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
12.2 Market Share by Region- Top companies
12.3 Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top companies
12.4 Market Share at global level- Top companies
12.5 Best Practices for companies
13. Non-Stick Coatings Market- List of Key Companies by Country (Premium)
14. Non-Stick Coatings Market Company Analysis
14.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2 Company 1
14.3 Company 2
14.4 Company 3
14.5 Company 4
14.6 Company 5
14.7 Company 6
14.8 Company 7
14.9 Company 8
14.10 Company 9
14.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"