PVC Cling Film Market - By Type, By Thickness, By End Use Industry and By Geography Analysis - Forecast 2021 - 2026
PVC Cling Film Market size is forecast to reach $XX million by 2025, after growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2020-2025, due to growing demand from the food and beverage industry, as well as increasing urbanization across the world and the rising need for ready to eat, on-the-go food products. PVC cling films are commonly used for wrapping and securing foodstuffs from foreign particles and organisms in food industry. Since they exhibit excellent properties such as chemical resistance, strength, endurance, light weight and the ability to withstand physical damage, they are widely used for packaging and handling by the meat, poultry and seafood processing industries. Growing consumer demand for cling films for household purpose and growing demand for packaged food in countries such as China, India and Mexico will further drive the PVC cling film market over the forecast period.
The report: “PVC Cling Film Market– Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the PVC Cling Film Industry.
By Type: Manual film, Machine Film and others.
By Thickness: 10 Microns, 10 to 15 Microns, 15 to 20 Microns, and More than 20 Microns.
By End use Industry: Food and Beverage (Dairy Products, Fruits and Vegetables, Meat, Bakery & Confectionary, Seafood and others), Cosmetics and HealthCare, Households, Industrial and others.
By Geography: North America, South America, Europe, APAC, and RoW.
- Compared with other materials, such as packaging films and aluminum foils, PVC cling films are economical. They also save space by arranging objects when combined. Therefore, owning to these factors its demand is increasing.
- In addition to food protection and preservation, cling film can also reduce food waste, tag food information, facilitate distribution processes and increase product visibility and microwave capability.
- However, the low resistance of PVC film to rough transport and the availability of alternatives hinders the growth of the market.
- Based on type the market is segmented into manual film, machine film and others. The machine film type is expected to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period.
- However, operations in various industries including PVC Cling film is being significantly affected due to the COVID-19 epidemic, as most of countries have issued “stay at home guidance” i.e., lockdown. And it is expected that the outbreak of COVID-19 will be seen in the whole year of 2020, and a few months in 2021.
End Use Industry - Segment Analysis
Food and beverage held the largest share in the PVC cling film market in 2019 and is growing at a CAGR of 5.8%. These cling films are used in food and beverage packaging to prevent contact with microorganisms over an elongated period of time, resulting in improved shelf life. They stick to the container without any adhesives, providing the user with flexible packaging solutions. PVC cling film is used in different areas such as cheese packaging, meat, vegetables, fish, biscuits, fruits and so on. This is due to its ability to conserve food for longer periods of time. These are cost effective compared to other packaging materials such as aluminum food wraps and foils. Furthermore, different food outlets such as restaurants, coffee shops, fast food chains are using the product in bulk. These factors will create a lucrative opportunity for the PVC cling film market during the forecasted period.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia Pacific held the largest share in the PVC cling film market in 2019 up to 28%, owning to their growing usage in emerging economies' food packaging sectors such as China, India and Indonesia. China is expected to lead Asia-Pacific in terms of demand for PVC cling films. With the increasing trend of packaged food products, demand for cling films in the country has increased considerably. They are mostly used for fruits, vegetables, sandwiches and raw meat packaging, as the film helps to conserve food and prevent pollutants. The demand for cling films has also seen rapid growth from the healthcare sector in the region. With the growing healthcare spending, the region's demand for cling films is likely to increase in the coming years.
Drivers – PVC Cling Film Market
- Rising demand for ready to eat, on the go food products
Rapid growth of urbanization in emerging economies such as China and India has led to increased consumer acceptance of on-the-go food habit. Growing number of single-person households as well as fast-paced lifestyle has led many people to prefer prepared meals. Food preservatives are used widely in food processing to improve the shelf life and maintain product quality. However, people are becoming more and more conscious of the adverse effects of eating processed foods with additives. According to a paper published by The Royal Society of Chemistry in 2011, entitled "Food & Functions.", there is an increasing need to replace artificial preservatives with natural food ingredients with antimicrobial activity. However, natural ingredients are comparatively expensive, therefore PVC cling film is preferred for the packaging of expensive products as well, as they extended shelf life. These plastic film decreases the probability of growth of germs and makes the food safer and healthier. Hence, PVC cling film is gaining popularity among people.
Challenges – PVC Cling Film Market
- Drawbacks of PVC Cling Film
There are some drawbacks of PVC cling films that can hamper the wrapped product that includes, poor cling film resistance to extreme weather, rough transport, and high temperature. In addition, the product is correlated with some safety and environmental issues, and the product is not recyclable. Increasing restrictions on single use plastics, combined with increased awareness of environmental impacts among people, would have a negative effect on product demand.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the PVC Cling Film Market. In 2019, the market of PVC Cling Film Market has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for xx% of the share. Major players in the PVC Cling Film market are Graco Adhesives, Anchor Packaging, Berry Plastics, AEP Industries Inc., Bemis Company Inc., Dow Chemical Company, FUJI Seal International Inc, Intertape Polymer Group Inc. and E I du Pont de Nemours and Co, among others.
- In April 2018, Reynolds launched Reynolds Kitchens Quick Cut Plastic Wrap, which contains several innovative features.
1. PVC Cling Film Market- Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. PVC Cling Film Market- Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by Type
2.3 Key Trends by Thickness
2.4 Key Trends by End Use Industry
2.5 Key Trends by Geography
3. PVC Cling Film Market- Landscape
3.1 Comparative analysis
3.1.1 Market Share Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.2 Product Benchmarking- Top Companies
3.1.3 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.4 Patent Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis
4. PVC Cling Film Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Top startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Shares
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. PVC Cling Film Market– Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top companies
6. PVC Cling Film Market- Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Market Opportunities
6.4 Porters five force model
6.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3 Threat of new entrants
6.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5 Threat of substitutes
7. PVC Cling Film Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
7.4 Suppliers and distributors Analysis
8. PVC Cling Film Market– By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1 Manual film
8.2 Machine film
9. PVC Cling Film Market– By Thickness (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1 10 Microns
9.2 10 to 15 Microns
9.3 15 to 20 Microns
9.4 More Than 20 Microns
10. PVC Cling Film Market– By End Use Industry (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1 Food and Beverage
10.1.1 Dairy products
10.1.2 Fruits and vegetables
10.1.4 Bakery & confectionary
10.2 Cosmetics & healthcare
11. PVC Cling Film Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2 South America
11.2.4 Rest of South America
11.3.7 Rest of Europe
11.4 Asia Pacific
11.4.5 South Korea
11.4.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
11.5.1 Middle East
12. PVC Cling Film Market- Entropy
12.1 New Product Launches
12.2 M&A’s, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
13. Market Share Analysis (Premium)
13.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.2 Market Share by Region- Top companies
13.3 Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top companies
13.4 Market Share at global level- Top companies
13.5 Best Practices for companies
14. PVC Cling Film Market- List of Key Companies by Country (Premium)
15. PVC Cling Film Market Company Analysis
15.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2 Company 1
15.3 Company 2
15.4 Company 3
15.5 Company 4
15.6 Company 5
15.7 Company 6
15.8 Company 7
15.9 Company 8
15.10 Company 9
15.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"