Personalized Medicine Uptake Fueling Genetic Testing Market Demand
Burgeoning occurrences of intricate diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and neurological disease, has been persistently stimulating the omnipresent customary diagnostic practices. Owing to such inescapable setting, the demand for innovative diagnostics are stroking the healthcare sector, and the genetic testing market is all set to capitalize on this phenomenon. Genetic testing is a method in which our DNA is extracted and put under comprehensive analysis for detection and prevention of ailments. Most notably genetic tests supplements personalized medicines and therapies for individual patients, thus plentiful scope of application in forensic and healthcare settings has driven the genetic testing market towards a staggering value of $7.54 billion as of 2018. And as per the business intelligence report by IndustryARC, rising geriatric population and increasing awareness among individuals towards preventive diagnostic tests is providing impetus to the genetic testing market progressing at a global CAGR of 12.59% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
The study incorporates all the
commercial aspects of the trending genetic testing market ranging from its
end-users verticals, applications insights and regional revenue pockets to an
imperative competitive landscape and pricing conditions. An unbiased topography
is maintained throughout the report by the analyst via inclusion of challenging
aspects pertaining to each segment assisted by effective solutions. The report
is titled “
Genetic Testing Market: By Type of Testing (Forensic Testing,
Newborn Screening, Others); By Method (Molecular, Chromosomal, Biochemical); By
Testing Sample (Saliva, Blood, Others); By Industry (Laboratories, Hospitals,
Blood Banks, Others) – Forecast (2019 - 2025).”
Testing Market Leading Segments:
Accumulating the conclusions by the analyst, it is stated that, North America dominated the genetic testing market by sourcing a substantial 44.71% of global demand in 2018 and is estimated to propel at a significant rate over the forecast period. Unprecedented development in the incidences of genetic diseases such as cancer, spinal muscular atrophy, turner syndrome and neurofibromatosis in this region is catapulting the market growth. High demand for genetic testing in North America can also be attributed to the availability of new and advanced diagnostic tests coupled with cutting-edge healthcare facilities and federally subsidized healthcare expenditure.
Among different categories of tests involved in the vast ecosystem of genetic testing, the most prominent ones generating significant revenue for the market are forensic testing, carrier testing, diagnostic testing, and newborn screening. Diagnosis of these bifurcation estimated diagnostic testing to be the fastest growing segment progressing with an application CAGR of 11.01% going through 2025. Diagnostic testing stimulates early detection of diseases thus minimizing the severity of the disease.
Genetic Testing Market Trends and Growth Drivers:
- Customized medicine is a major trend disrupting the genetic testing market. Increasing uptake of personalized medicines is gaining traction as it offers tailored medical treatment to patients based on their molecular basis and genetic profile and its susceptibility to certain diseases.
- Scientific development has equipped individuals with authority and liberty to conduct their own genetic testing. Ancestry.com and 23andme.com are some of the virtual medical stores providing DNA testing kit at an economic price tag of $90. The result generated for further confirmation and interpretation can be uploaded on supportive websites for analysis by medics.
- On October 3, 2017, Abbot Laboratories sealed the Alere acquisition. Abbott declared that with this transaction, its total diagnostics sales should be $7 billion. The firm also estimated to arise as a lead player in the $7 billion point-of-care diagnostic space within the broader $50 billion in-vitro diagnostics market with this takeover.
Genetic Testing Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players operating and driving the global genetic testing market through innovations and R&D are Abbott Laboratories Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Illumina, Inc., Bayer Diagnostics, 23andMe, Biocartis SA, Biohelix Corporation and Celera Corporation.
Talk to one of our sales representative
about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Genetic Testing And Consumer/Wellness Genomics Market
Preimplantation Genetic Testing Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Genetic Testing market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited
Response: Yes, we can customize the
report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription
databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a quote, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.