Polymers Market Witnessing Significant Demand from 3D Printing Industry
Polymer is one of the widely used chemical products in almost all the sectors such a medical, aerospace, packaging, automotive, construction, electrical appliances, and medical sector, and consequently, the global polymers market is thriving. Polymers are used widely as a substitute of metal and mineral based products due to its high performance, cost-effectiveness, and low weight. As per the evaluations of a new marketscape report by IndustryARC, the global polymers market valued at $666.5 billion in 2018. Moreover, it is estimated to grow with a global compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.15% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
The report is titled “
Polymers Market: By Type
(Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polystyrene, Polyurethane,
Polyethylene terephthalate, Acrylonitrile butadiene Styrene and others); By
Process (Film, Profile, Sheet, Injection Molding and Others); By End User
Industry (Packaging, Building and Construction, Automotive, Consumer Goods,
Electrical and Electronics, Agriculture and others) Geographic Analysis -
Global Polymers Market: Leading Segments
APAC generated the highest demand for polymers in 2018. Economic growth of the region along with emerging electronics and automotive industry are boosting the polymers market value. The region held the share of 45% in 2018 and with urbanization, the demand and market value is expected to boost further over the years.
Increase in the retail sector and prospering e-commerce industry is demanding for more packaging material that is influencing the significance of the polymers market. Moreover, several other industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, and electronics require plastic and polymers for packaging components. The application segment is projected to grow with a moderate CAGR of 4.10% through to end period.
Global Polymers Market: Growth Drivers and Trends
· Demand for polymers from different industries including automotive, construction, packaging, electronics and consumer goods are primarily due to rising trend for low weight and cost material. The polymers are observed to be the better substitutes than glass, and metals that is leveraging the polymers market.
· To enhance the properties of the polymers, the specialty polymers additives are used to gain the desired properties out of polymers. The increasing demand for specialty polymers are fueling the growth of the polymers market.
· Thermoplastic polymers segment type of polymers offers flame resistance and heat resistance. Growing demand for polymer in the electronic industry for the manufacturing of different electrical parts such as switches and sockets are driving the polymer market.
· Growing demand for polymers to manufacture medical implants, disposable tools, gloves, vials, and in packaging is accelerating the growth prospects of the polymers market.
· Polymers recycling is one of the factors that drives the growth of the polymers market. More and more recycling of plastics reduces the plastic waste.
· Bio-based plastic and polymers are gaining prominent growth. The factor such as high degree of recyclability, cost-effectiveness are experiencing high adaptation rate, especially from the packaging sector.
· Progression in 3D printing is improving the growth aspects of polymers and plastic manufacturing. The changing preference of consumers from metal 3D printing to plastic material 3D printing is leading to substantial growth in the polymers market.
Global Polymers Market: Competitive Landscape
The leading players in the polymers market are BASF SE, Lanxess AG, DowDupont. Inc., Braskem AG, Ashland, Croda, Evonik Industries, PolyOne, Ineos, Rhodia, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Chevron Corporation, LG Chem Ltd., SABIC, Lyondell Basell.
Talk to one of our sales representative
about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Plastic Polymers Market
High Performance Polymers Market
Conductive Polymers Market
What can you expect from the report?
The polymers market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Bench marking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can
customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual
subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal, provide your
details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2:
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is
a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually,
in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation &
Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food
and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.