According to a report by IndustryARC, the global polysilicon market size was estimated to be $7 billion in 2018. As per the report, “Polysilicon, being the fundamental constituent of semiconductors and solar panels, is observing unprecedented endorsement by the corresponding industries. Rampantly bourgeoning electronics industry hiring semiconductors and globally ballooning clean energy projects engaging photovoltaic (PV) solar panels are the prime dynamics of polysilicon market growth.” Modern methods of communication are completely reliant on electronic devices, while the global pursuit of a ‘low carbon economy’, is driving the polysilicon market to grow at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period 2019 2025.
The report titled, “Polysilicon Market: By Technology (Siemens Technology, FBR Technology, and Crystallization Technology); End-Use Industry (Solar, Electronics); Structural Form (Chips, Chunks, Rods); Geography and Forecast 2019-2025”, presents a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account market shares of leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments on a yearly basis. All the commercial aspects of the polysilicon market ranging from its end user verticals, applications and regional revenue pockets to pricing conditions are covered. The report also presents the challenging aspects pertaining to each segment, assisted by effective solutions.
Growth in APAC Polysilicon Market with Rise of Mobile Users and Solar Thermal Collectors:
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is leading the polysilicon market with 30% of the global share in 2018. This dominance is attributed to several factors-
· In India, installations of solar thermal collectors witnessed an upsurge by 25% in 2017, as compared to the preceding year. China has targeted having two percent of the cooling loads of its buildings generated from solar thermal energy by 2020. The Chinese economy, along with Europe and the U.S., accounted for 75% of the global expenditure in renewable energy in 2017.
· The GSM Association (GSMA) estimates that 710 million individuals will subscribe to mobile services for the first time by 2025, with 50% of the novel traffic from APAC.
Although semiconductors and electronic devices are the most prominent application segment in the polysilicon market, production of solar panels require a higher scale and volume of polysilicon. Consequently, solar panels is the fastest growing segment growing at a CAGR of 9% going through 2025. The increasing global demand for renewable energy is expected to drive the polysilicon market.
Polysilicon Market- Disruptive Trends and Events:
· India’s target to achieve 100GW of solar power by 2022 has prompted companies to begin work on manufacturing polysilicon, which is yet to be produced in India. Reliant on incentives from the government, market players such as the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, the Adani Group and Panchavaktra Power are looking forward to capitalize on the demand for polysilicon.
· In India, Lanco Solar 1500 TPA Polysilicon Plant, a subsidiary of Lanco Infratech Limited, is being set up to manufacture 99.9999999% pure solar-grade polysilicon from manufacturing-grade silica using hydrochlorination technology.
· Following the U.S. imposing anti-dumping tariffs on Chinese solar panels and cells in 2012, Beijing reacted with a 57% charge on U.S. polysilicon. Recently, despite the on-going trade war between the two countries, the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin guaranteed, during a Senate hearing in May 2019, that eliminating Chinese tariffs on polysilicon remains a matter of extreme priority. This can break the monopoly created by China in light of its position as the apex polysilicon manufacturer.
Polysilicon Market – Competitive Landscape:
Some the key players operating in the global polysilicon market are JFE Holdings, Inc., Elkem Holding, Inc., Nitol Solar, Limited, Renewable Energy Corporation, SunEdison Inc. , GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Limited, REC Silicon ASA, Tokuyama Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, OCI Company Limited, and Daqo New Energy Corp.
In 2018, SoftBank Group
Corp of Japan agreed to collaborate with Chinese firm GCL System Integration
Technology Co. to launch a $930m Indian joint solar energy, as part of its
India solar investment targets. In this venture, GCL will source polysilicon,
and SoftBank will bargain for land and regulatory support. The venture will
eventually have a capacity of 4GW.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
What can you expect from the report?
The Polysilicon Market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.