Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
Around 25% of the Japanese population belong to the age group 40-60 years of age and is estimated to grow around 1.5% CAGR through 2023.
Skincare products hold the largest share in the cosmetics market as the Japanese are highly concerned about their skin rather than make up or fragrances.
Products for anti-aging, moisturizing and skin lightening products are the key cosmetic categories.
The rising beauty concerns among women as well as men are contributing to the growth of anti-ageing cosmetic products in Japan.
Men's skin care products and fragrances are steadily gaining traction in the Japanese market owing to the soaring beauty consciousness among the metrosexual males.
There has been an increase in demand for the organic/natural cosmetics and mineral make up products in Japan, triggered by the harmful effects of chemical cosmetics on skin.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- Influential public figures, celebrities and stylists are publicizing their styles through blogs and social media. These trends are closely followed and adopted by the citizens to keep up with latest fashion trends. This factor is projected to drive the Japan Professional Hair Care Market.
- High promotional activities featuring celebrities in advertisements, endorsements and new product launches will drive the sales of various hair care products.
- The humid climatic conditions in Japan especially during May to July and the hair damage caused due to chemicals used in various hair care products result in making the hair frizzy and unmanageable. This is mandating the use of shampoos, conditioners and treatment products to protect hair which in turn gives positive impact on market growth.
Key Players of the Japan Professional Hair Care Market:
International companies like Procter & Gamble Co., Shiseido Co., Ltd., and L’Oreal Group together accounted for about 20% of market share. Inoa (L’Oreal Professionnel) brand is in high demand for hair color service in Japan. L'Oréal Professionnel is the top most brand in terms of revenue generated in overall professional hair care product market in Japan. Shampoos and conditioners generated about 70% of revenue in L’Oreal’s professional hair care products market due to strong take home sales and treatment products.
- Hong Kong Professional Hair Care Market: By Product (coloring, perming & straightening, styling gel, serum, shampoo & conditioning, hair spray)); By End use (bridal, salons) By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023)
- Singapore Professional Hair Care Market: By Product (coloring, perming & straightening, styling gel, serum, shampoo, conditioning, hair spray); By Distribution channels (Hypermarkets, Pharmacies, Retailers, Others) By End use (bridal, salons, entertainment industry) By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023)